• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1940 Superman Wind-up toy on ebay, never saw this before

13 posts in this topic

Not super rare, but this one looks to be in nice shape. The most common is the roll over tank that is about 4 inches long and has a flat superman figure. As superman pushed up that tank flips over.

Then you have this one.

The best one is the Linemar one with a full 3-D superman in front of a tank.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6772954

James G

Not completely uncommon. I believe Action1Kid might have a half dozen or so.

I have 3...The roll over plane. Comes in a few color variations of which the pictured is the rarest. A valuable toy.

I've always been curious about the box on that toy. Superman is not pictured, and the only mention of him is on the end flap. (shrug)

Not completely uncommon. I believe Action1Kid might have a half dozen or so.

I have 3...The roll over plane. Comes in a few color variations of which the pictured is the rarest. A valuable toy.

I've always been curious about the box on that toy. Superman is not pictured, and the only mention of him is on the end flap. (shrug)

Just a generic box with a picture of an airplane toy on it..No Superman on the box.

Very ordinary looking simple box.

I have the lift up Superman underneath the tank. Without the box , unfortunately. What does that go for these days?

Without the box depending on condition its 700.00 to 1500.00

It is from the 1950s..Linemar. A much more attractive box with this toy.

As far as vintage Superman collectibles, the best overview is Harry Matetsky's, "Adventures of Superman Collecting".

http://www.amazon.com/adventures-Superman-collecting-Harry-Matetsky/dp/0930289315

Three of the key vintage Superman toys are the Ideal articulated figure, the Marx Superman airplane and the roll-over tank. There are variations on each of these including color and in the case of the Ideal figure the cape. Another great toy which is fully pictured on the back of early Action Comics is the Superman Krypton-Ray Gun which was first pictured on the inside cover of Action 8.

I love all these toys and have variations on each.