• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sacramento-area meet-up?

37 posts in this topic

I know there's a few of us in Sacramento. Any boardies in Sac or surrounding areas interested in a meet-up for a few beers and some comic-talk?

I'm moving there August 10th.. actually to Roseville but close enough... Love to meet up in the future, maybe we could all meet up at Sac Con in Sept.

What part of Roseville? I'll be going to saccon this sept. Went to the last one and had a good time.

I'm not sure of the parts of Roseville yet ) ... it's a bit in the boonies where they are building a lot of new homes... I'll know more about the area after I'm there.

My friends got a booth at SacCon... I'll be there for sure this time...

I'm not sure of the parts of Roseville yet ) ... it's a bit in the boonies where they are building a lot of new homes... I'll know more about the area after I'm there.

lol I think you're describing the west park area where I am.

I'm moving there August 10th.. actually to Roseville but close enough... Love to meet up in the future, maybe we could all meet up at Sac Con in Sept.

You are fortunate to be moving close to one of the best comic stores in the country. The Roseville A-1 isn't as good as the Auburn Blvd. store, but it's still better than most other stores I've ever seen.

The next Sac Con is September 5. My August is a bit full. How about Hoppy Brewing on Folsom after the show? 5 p.m.? 6 p.m. if your dealer friend wants to join us? Hoppy is close to the Scottish Rite Temple and a fairly big space.

How is the Sac Con? I'm more interested in shopping for books than special guests and stuff like that. It looks like you're about the same distance as Portland for me - I can never make any of those because they're always held at conflicting times for my schedule. Although Labor Day weekend may be difficult to swing too.....,

We make it down to Corning / Red Bluff / Chico area for several wrestling tournaments each year.

You are fortunate to be moving close to one of the best comic stores in the country. The Roseville A-1 isn't as good as the Auburn Blvd. store, but it's still better than most other stores I've ever seen.

The next Sac Con is September 5. My August is a bit full. How about Hoppy Brewing on Folsom after the show? 5 p.m.? 6 p.m. if your dealer friend wants to join us? Hoppy is close to the Scottish Rite Temple and a fairly big space.

Brian Peete is always a great person to deal with. I currently live in Roseville and drive right by that store to go to the Auburn Blvd store. (thumbs u

How is the Sac Con? I'm more interested in shopping for books than special guests and stuff like that. It looks like you're about the same distance as Portland for me - I can never make any of those because they're always held at conflicting times for my schedule. Although Labor Day weekend may be difficult to swing too.....,

We make it down to Corning / Red Bluff / Chico area for several wrestling tournaments each year.

It's a small, quarterly convention. As of late, it's become more about anime and other non-comic stuff than comics, but there are still a few dealers who show. If you're looking for Golden Age, it's not a great place. Just go to A-1 on Auburn (although A-1 sets up and has great GA on display). For Silver, etc., it's not bad, but don't expect any high grade beauties. For dollar-box diving, it's pretty good. I filled in about 10 years worth of Batmans and Detectives over several shows there.

Overall, it's not worth a special trip - save that for Wondercon. But if you're already going to be in Red Bluff, or even better, Chico, it may be worth the drive down. And if you are going to be in the area, drop me a PM and we'll get some beers.

lol I think you're describing the west park area where I am.

Yup... West Park it is.. I live down the street from Junction elementary school....

Hitting up the A-1 comics stores is on my list... I swung by Worlds best comics in Sac today just because I drove by it... small... cool owner...

I live in Rocklin and will try to make the show Sunday, although beers at 5:30 may not be in the cards.

I didn't make the last couple of shows, the push towards anime took it off my must see list but if I don't have anything else pressing I usually stop by to check things out.

I've dealt with Brian several times and he's a class act. It's hit or miss seeing him at the store but I run into him at the SacCon, Wondercon and San Diego each year.