• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Mask 1

22 posts in this topic

Okey-dokey, here's the 3rd and final book I recently submitted using my CS coupons. I was fairly concerned about resto on this one due to the relative high value (for me anyway) and the black cover. This book has a couple "non-color breaking" creases along the right edge that don't really show up in the scan (total length less than 1"), light spine wear, and most notably a couple of heavy corner creases on the back cover ( click here to see a scan). Whatcha think?

mask1.jpg

I'd say a 6.5, maybe a 7.0 because the cover is fantastic. I have seen this issue in Overstreet before and I always thought that I would love to add it to my collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't suppose you'd tell me what you paid for it would you????flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

Great L.B. Cole book.

Are you holding out on other L.B. Cole issues? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I could see CGC giving it a grade of 7.5. Very tough book to find.

Regarding restoration.

1) Possible that the right side is trimmed? I see the pages on the right side too evenly.

2) Possilbe color touch on the right side (near the red girls wing)?

Obvioulsy, it is impossilbe to determine from a scan (and probably in person). That's what CGC is for.

blush.gif

I hope it came back a 8.0 with no restoration. And it's for sale. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This is a tough one because not only is it a GA book but most of the dmg shows up on the back cover. So you not only have to figure out what it would be on the sliding scale but what the dmg would do if on the back cover. I'd call it a 5.5, I guess only because it's on the back cover. If on the front, it's probably a 4.5

Brian

I'd say the back cover knocks it down considerably - there's a dust shadow, a noticeable tear, and some large creases. The front looks very nice, however. All in all, you've got to grade the whole of the book, so I'd go for 5.5. I suspect that CGC may be marginally harsher. And I'm assuming there's no resto (you'd need the book in your hand to check that).

Are people looking at the back cover?

I would guess you're the 1st...no stain on the back cover but a big 'ole crease (and two smaller creases), and no, it's not for sale! 893naughty-thumb.gif

One of the all-time Classic Cole covers, but there are only 5 unrestored copies on the census (and 2 restored, including the 9.4 Mile High copy)? Yeah, I have some more Cole gems...maybe I'll start tossing them up on the Cigar thread as everyone should! thumbsup2.gif