• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tired of the bad eBay buyers?

38 posts in this topic

I think I am finally done on eBay.

My last run of auctions for BRAVE AND BOLD had 39, yes count them, 39 Dead-beat bidder auctions out of about 130 auctions.

To top it off, one buyer out of Florida (ronlopez), launched an INR claim a mere two weeks after I shipped the items to him.

This is one week after I already sent him a message through eBay that the items shipped.

I am in Canada and he is in Florida.

All my auctions state specifically that delivery from Canada to the USA can take up to 4 working weeks so be patient. This is the case even with Tracking/DC.

What floored me was that eBay almost immediately ruled in favour of the buyer, even after my response to them!

With PayPal, a buyer has 45 days to launch an INR claim...why can't eBay give me the courtesy of a little more time? They are the same company.

Is there an existing thread somewhere where we can share our "Blocked Bidders" List to warn other sellers about the dead-beat bidders or bidders that are fraudulent?

Why would sending something from Canada to the US take 4 weeks?

Mine average 2-4 weeks...unless you want to pony-up for Xpresspost which starts at $30.

Cuz....you live in the sticks. BTW....regular airmail is WAY Faster than "Expedited" if it's less than 1 kg.

My shipping time rules :shy:

shipping time from canada is crazy if you do not pay for the faster shipping. i had a buddy mail me a book from canada. it took over three weeks. it is more the larger packages though. he sent me a dvd in a small envelope and it only took about ten days.

I dont buy a whole lot from Canada, but I can attest to the fact that your package can take forever to get there.

1st Class its been up to 5 weeks for a package to get somewhere in Canada.

Flat Rate my longest currently is 3 weeks.

It aint fast shipping to them, so I doubt its fast for them to shop to us.

what's eBay???

I haven't bought a comic off their site in ages.

Not when there are legit places (like here for instance)

where people have a standing reputation.

_wally

Most of the dealers I know have sitting reputations...

My last run of auctions for BRAVE AND BOLD had 39, yes count them, 39 Dead-beat bidder auctions out of about 130 auctions.

To top it off, one buyer out of Florida (ronlopez), launched an INR claim a mere two weeks after I shipped the items to him.

This is one week after I already sent him a message through eBay that the items shipped.

All my auctions state specifically that delivery from Canada to the USA can take up to 4 working weeks so be patient. This is the case even with Tracking/DC.

What floored me was that eBay almost immediately ruled in favour of the buyer, even after my response to them!

With PayPal, a buyer has 45 days to launch an INR claim...why can't eBay give me the courtesy of a little more time? They are the same company.

Is there an existing thread somewhere where we can share our "Blocked Bidders" List to warn other sellers about the dead-beat bidders or bidders that are fraudulent?

Mine average 2-4 weeks...unless you want to pony-up for Xpresspost which starts at $30.

Cuz....you live in the sticks. BTW....regular airmail is WAY Faster than "Expedited" if it's less than 1 kg.

My shipping time rules :shy:

Reg am parcel is only allowed on minimal weight packages then your going EL CHEAPO with reg ground where you can expect 30 plus days or the norm such as expidited that comes with a tracking # or Expresspost which is similar but a tad quicker.

My best info, don't try and be a CHAMP & top everyone elses S&H costs as if you actually take the S&H $$$ that they paid and cross reference it with the equivillent shipping costs, your looking at ground with no tracking number just cause you wanted 2 look like your shipping was a gem.

ADD a bit more into item price and go no less than expidited from CAN 2 USA... unless shipping 1 book aka SLAB ...... period. Otherwise you'll be bogged with paypal disputes till the day you die.

Rich

I too just pulled the plug on Ebay because of crappy "buyers". Sorry to hear that. My latest story involved a guy buying a VG/FN TRANSFORMERS comics from, which is clearly stated TWICE plus a big picture showing the big crease on the cover.

Joe blow then proceeds to tell me his kid only wants a NM run (read the bloody item description first a lunkhead) and doesn't want it. He graciously offers to cover my final fee and insertion fee costs since I'm considerate enough to let him off of the hook. Well, of course I send him multiple invoices for the fees and he keeps telling me he never received them. Enough. No more stalling tactics, so I file a complaint and he gets banned - I guess it wasn't the first time.

Guess what. He comes a knocking asking me to remove the complaint so he can use his account. I said "sure, as long as you pay me". Surprise, surprise. He never paid. Jerks like that get me all heated.

Thanks for all the great advice, everyone.

And thanks for the compliment, Pietaster!

I'll look at using different Canada Post methods for future shipments.

Now guess what?

Shortly after PayPal issued the refund to this buyer in question, he received the package and was honest enough to re-issue the PayPal payment back to me.

So I sent eBay a "hate" message telling them they were retarded to issue a refund so quickly to a buyer less than three weeks after I shipped. They could have the courtesy to wait a few more weeks before ruling.

Not that this message will do any good other than to make me feel a little better....

Just had a buyer file a dispute one week after his payment cleared. :pullhair: I was in contact with the guy the whole time, said it was a holiday weekend, etc but the book would ship out this week (which it did). The the ing turd files a dispute but EBay just sided with me suggesting that "I know it can be frustrating to have a case like this filed against you". If the bozo negs me can I get EBay to remove it given the above?

Just had a buyer file a dispute one week after his payment cleared. :pullhair: I was in contact with the guy the whole time, said it was a holiday weekend, etc but the book would ship out this week (which it did). The the ing turd files a dispute but EBay just sided with me suggesting that "I know it can be frustrating to have a case like this filed against you". If the bozo negs me can I get EBay to remove it given the above?

No.

Ebay takes the stance that a buyer is allowed to express their feelings about a sales experience, even after a dispute is decided in your favor.

It is one of the policies I really hate about Ebay as you would think they would be sensible and realize someone will retaliate.

You can try, but I've known a few sellers that received the same response from Ebay in these situations. I hope they have changed this practice.

But also remember if the buyer mentioned anything at all in the feedback about the dispute, that feedback gets removed by Ebay once they are informed or they find it.

They're very strict about that rule in that you are not allowed to state anything about a dispute case.

Odd rule - but well documented in their feedback guidance, and heavily enforced.

perhaps because i am selling so sporadically i really haven't had any problems lately. out of perhaps 1000 comic sales on ebay I think I have had maybe 5 deadbeats and only one or two loons/scammers. sure, one of the deadbeats "bought" like 20 things out of my store, which was annoying to fix.

So Greggy (and other Canucks) are you referring to Canada Post's Small Packet Air?