• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tired of the bad eBay buyers?

38 posts in this topic

I think I am finally done on eBay.

My last run of auctions for BRAVE AND BOLD had 39, yes count them, 39 Dead-beat bidder auctions out of about 130 auctions.

To top it off, one buyer out of Florida (ronlopez), launched an INR claim a mere two weeks after I shipped the items to him.

This is one week after I already sent him a message through eBay that the items shipped.

I am in Canada and he is in Florida.

All my auctions state specifically that delivery from Canada to the USA can take up to 4 working weeks so be patient. This is the case even with Tracking/DC.

What floored me was that eBay almost immediately ruled in favour of the buyer, even after my response to them!

With PayPal, a buyer has 45 days to launch an INR claim...why can't eBay give me the courtesy of a little more time? They are the same company.

Is there an existing thread somewhere where we can share our "Blocked Bidders" List to warn other sellers about the dead-beat bidders or bidders that are fraudulent?

My last run of auctions for BRAVE AND BOLD had 39, yes count them, 39 Dead-beat bidder auctions out of about 130 auctions.

To top it off, one buyer out of Florida (ronlopez), launched an INR claim a mere two weeks after I shipped the items to him.

This is one week after I already sent him a message through eBay that the items shipped.

All my auctions state specifically that delivery from Canada to the USA can take up to 4 working weeks so be patient. This is the case even with Tracking/DC.

What floored me was that eBay almost immediately ruled in favour of the buyer, even after my response to them!

With PayPal, a buyer has 45 days to launch an INR claim...why can't eBay give me the courtesy of a little more time? They are the same company.

Is there an existing thread somewhere where we can share our "Blocked Bidders" List to warn other sellers about the dead-beat bidders or bidders that are fraudulent?

Why would sending something from Canada to the US take 4 weeks?

That was the first thing that came to mind also.Seems like the longest it has ever taken,even when mailed just regular old first class mail,was 10 days or so,and that was including weekend days,not "working days/weeks".

US Customs agents have to personally read inspect every comic sent to ensure there are no illegal immigrants carrying dangerous drugs to terrorists hiding within the pages.

Canada Post is notoriously slow and expensive, I have had simular issues selling comics on feebay. If it's not a big buck item it's just not worth it. IMHO

The first book I ever bought on eBay was from a seller in Canada. Took forever to get the book (CA Post). I've heard it's really, really slow.

Books I bought from Greggy years ago always arrived in a decent time frame though.

I've bought books from Brian before and have always requested the cheapest shipping option. He said the books would probably take six weeks to arrive, and they did. It didn't bother me one bit as that's what I was expecting.

Yes it was slow, but at least the shipping cost didn't prevent me from buying some nicely priced Batbooks. That's a win for me.

Mine average 2-4 weeks...unless you want to pony-up for Xpresspost which starts at $30.

Mine average 2-4 weeks...unless you want to pony-up for Xpresspost which starts at $30.

Wow!, what did they bring back the Pony Express? :grin:

Seriously thats why I buy most of my media entertainment from Amazon now then Ebay, when I buy a blu-ray,dvd,book or comic book trade paperback I order with Amazon prime and have the stuff in 1 to 3 days tops,much better then going thru the waiting for the Ebay seller to ship routine on Ebay.

Cuz....you live in the sticks. BTW....regular airmail is WAY Faster than "Expedited" if it's less than 1 kg.

Cuz....you live in the sticks. BTW....regular airmail is WAY Faster than "Expedited" if it's less than 1 kg.

That's what I usually use.

I ship Canada Post International Parcel - Surface or Air doesn't seem to matter.

In my experience in shipping to the US, the parcels can arrive within a week and up to 4 weeks...and anywhere in between.

I suspect Customs has a lot to do with the delay.

Yeah, I should start selling on this board more often, that'll weed out the bad selling experineces.

Thanks for the plug, Boozad!

That's what I usually use.
Mine gets there in around a week so maybe it's just because you live in the sticks.

Of course if you start selling here, you're going to actually have to check your books for restoration, especially the ultra obvious kind that has bleed through to the front cover meh
:popcorn:

Hate to see someone quit this hobby because of the bad eBayers that stick in the craw like a tick.

If it makes you feel better and to let everyone know that EVERY batch I sell I EXPECT at least one problem-child transaction and if I don't get that one I feel like I beat death & taxes!!!

Just today the winner of my IMSM CGC 7.5 emailed me and gave me the " my kid stole my password and I can't complete this transaction. Most ebayers understand".; which tells me that this ruse has been pulled before...

I would like to see a Thread that we can share our BLOCKED BIDDER Lists. However, the Powers that be here at this Forum probably won't allow something like this. I have tinkered with a separate website section on my football fun site for such a thing. Now that I am up and about and thinking about it, this would be a great idea. A site where the world can see who the real pinheads cons and cheats of ANY business! Talk about a pair...

The Canucks I buy from usually ship Express, so it does not take that long. You may trying to ask for the Express, like I do. Sure, the high shipping gets many potential Canadians upset( no one wants to lose potential Customers), but to protect your rep in which shipping time IS a part of per the 5-star rating DSR's, you should charge the Express ship amount.

Hope this response helps.

CAL now the Seller for a few weeks