• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GULP !

15 posts in this topic

Is 23 really that rare?

I believe this is the first 9.0 or better copy I've ever seen on ebay. The only copy in that shape ever sold on Heritage went to me in July 2003 for less than half of today's price.

That's a ridiculous price. And the high bidder is a routine buyer/seller, so what's he eventually going to price it at? $1000?

That's a ridiculous price. And the high bidder is a routine buyer/seller, so what's he eventually going to price it at? $1000?
Probably...you ever see his BIN prices? crazy.gif

It's aggrivating. If he's buying for resale, you'd think he'd be more careful about the prices he pays. How many unsold lots will it take? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

but, you know what??? 3 different bidders with decent e-bay ratings bid over 3X's NM guide for that book!!! if this movie ever gets up a head of steam, things are gonna get really wild devil.gif

Another strong price for one of our fellow forum members. This time a CGC 9.0 only went for 2.5x Overstreet NM...what a steal!!! blush.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2227647687&category=32731

Two very strong prices... blush.gif

#17 is very tough, and #23 not that much easier. Seller was smart to put them up together to draw interest, and was rewarded with the always-wished-for bidding war. I would have bid on the #17 but didn't like the creases.

A long time ago I had the chance to trade an Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1 in CGC 9.6 wp for a Fantastic Four #23 in CGC 9.2 ow. At the time I thought I'd lose too much money. Today, I wish I had done it. frown.gif

I'll have to console myself with a gorgeous FF #30 from JiveTurkeyMoFo - thanks, Jive! acclaim.gif

Dan

I'll have to console myself with a gorgeous FF #30 from JiveTurkeyMoFo - thanks, Jive! acclaim.gif

Dan

I wonder if this act of kindness counts against my community service requirement.893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

BTW Dan, the price on the FF # 23 9.0 must've made you feel better about the 9.4 you picked up. thumbsup2.gifgrin.gif