• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet Pics from the Charlotte Comicon See what you've been missin!

39 posts in this topic

FINALLY! My first show in over two years and it was a huge success for me. If you're close by it's definitely worth going to. I drove six hours to get there! Took the family with me and it worked out well, thanks to Comics n ERB's family for keeping them occupied so we could look at the funny books.

Lucky me on Sunday only had to help unload the van and set up the boxes for the show, then it was all roaming around and catching up with old friends. My mission was to go through dollar boxes to pick up the books that I bought as a kid and that turned up to be one long box and half of a short box.

The room was packed from the get go and stayed that way for most of the show. The room is a large one and you still had to wait and walk side ways to get down the isles!

The boardies at the show that I know of were Capt Comics, Comics n ERB, and met Jacks2start(sp?) for the first time.

So I got some stuff and took some pics so here ya go!

Rick, me and Dave

charlotte10.jpg

Earl

charlotte9.jpg

Earl's friend

charlotte8.jpg

Shelton

charlotte7.jpg

Steve Smith

charlotte5.jpg

David B, me and David S

charlotte4.jpg

Storm Trooper

charlotte3.jpg

My little girl Graysen (her first convention) with functioning female R2D2 that was pretty cool

charlotte2.jpg

Graysen and Storm Trooper

charlotte1.jpg

Now for some books.

Every Silver run of Marvel and DC was probably represented in triplicate and in any shape. A couple of guys brought new collections in and they were fantastic!

If you want a chance at super high grade gold and silver as well as sweet low grade gold including some keys I would advise getting up with Comics n ERB before the secret gets out, really nice stuff!

I got the box and half of very nice 80's and 90's stuff for roughly 50 cent a book so that was great.

Now for the stuff I picked up.

charlottebooks1.jpg

charlottebooks2.jpg

charlottebooks3.jpg

charlottebooks4.jpg

charlottebooks5.jpg

charlottebooks6.jpg

charlottebooks7.jpg

charlottebooks8.jpg

My little girl Graysen (her first convention) with functioning female R2D2 that was pretty cool

charlotte2.jpg

You clearly have much to learn about droid gender differences...that's a MALE R2D2! :shy: