• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
8 8

1,294 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2024 at 10:59 PM, jmg3637 said:

a couple more of the MAD Comics that I picked up from  a local con. last week

When I first got back into collecting as an adult ( almost 40 years ago) I was buying collections left and right, pulling what I wanted, and selling off the rest.

I had a copy of MAD 14 with the cover separated that along with a Hawkman 4  and a Gold Key Star Trek #1  that just never sold show after show.

I finally sold the MAD,  but ended up keeping and collecting the remainder of the runs for the Atom  and the GK Star Trek's

Mad 14.jpg

Mad 13.jpg

Did you pick up that 14 from me at the Fullerton meet up? Always one of my favorites since I first saw it as a kid. 

On 8/26/2024 at 2:58 PM, OtherEric said:

Not in great shape, but the inserts were intact, so I figure it was well worth the $18 in the wild today:

Worst from Mad 01.jpg

Indeed! My first MAD was #72 which my grandpa bought for me. I was hooked and either bought or subscribed every issue until the new content ended at #500. 

I remember getting this issue in a used book store shortly after. Seeing this cover really sparked my collecting back issues. No easy task in the days pre internet or mail order.

Last magazine I needed was #28. Just couldn’t find one locally. I ended up buying it through the mail