• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

You know, I have absolutely no dog in this fight (hell, I don't even buy GA/SA/BA, so I've never had dealings with Pedigree, or indeed, most of you in this thread), but I've been following and reading this thread for the past couple of days. As much as I disagree with many of the points Mark is making, he is absolutely right with this one:

Oh, where are all the people jumping on top of Kevin (kevinm562) to bash him for doing business with Doug? Does Kevin owe some explanation for why he does business with him? Is he a ing Tool also? Interesting nobody said anything to the person that this whole thread is about. Instead he gets messages like "hi Kevin" "kevin is a good guy"....yet he is still doing repeated business with Doug... (tsk)

How can you jump down Mark's throat about buying from Doug, yet say nothing to those that are supplying Doug with the means to make that money? Seems awfully hypocritical.

I stopped when I was told he could "tell" im from NJ. Im done with this thread, when it gets so immature that it comes down to calling me out as "typical jersey guy".. Im done. The guys ignorant, and thats all I have to say. Enjoy the thread, im gonna go buy books from Robo and talk about how he never did me dirty.

Pat-

I stopped when I was told he could "tell" im from NJ. Im done with this thread, when it gets so immature that it comes down to calling me out as "typical jersey guy".. Im done. The guys ignorant, and thats all I have to say. Enjoy the thread, im gonna go buy books from Robo and talk about how he never did me dirty.

Pat-

:insane:

I'd like everyone to keep bumping this thread as often as possible because both the word "shenanigans" and FF #50 are cooler than anything going on in any other current thread. :luhv:

ff5094mcg.jpg

I'd like everyone to keep bumping this thread as often as possible because both the word "shenanigans" and FF #50 are cooler than anything going on in any other current thread. :luhv:

(thumbs u

It's known as being Roy'd.

:cry:

I'd completely forgotten about that word...will have to remember to use it again here and there :cloud9:

I was recently Roy'd again. By the same person that Roy'd me last year.

:tonofbricks:

the devil is in the details.

It's a Surfer book with a brown cover. Twelve 9.4s, two 9.6s and one 9.8. Oh, and let's not forget the first appearance of Wyatt Wingfoot. His greatest accomplishment was that he later went on to bang She-Hulk in the final issues of the Byrne FF run.

Sooo. A quick refresher is Schmell was, and still is a crook by nature. Big shock. Defending someone with such poor ethics is questionable in its own. To buy from someone who has a reputation as such, and justifying your dealing by saying "He never did anything to me" just makes you a ing tool. And when something does go wrong, and those people come here to complain I will be the first to point and laugh in your face.

He should be shunned by the collecting community just as Ewert and Danny have been. But hey, he has nice books so who cares right.

NOBODY in this business is 100% innocent. NOBODY.

See Foolkiller's quote:

The bulk of Schmell's dishonest activity has come, to me, from pre-Pedigree days. There are some questionable things, but no more, and possibly far less, than many major dealers.

If I was looking for people who are saints to buy my comic books...I'd never buy a comic book. And, if you read my posts...I bought 5 books from him...4 of which were before I learned about his past. And so what if I bought the last one knowing he was disbarred and you and others here don't like or approve of him in this business?

I can care less what you or anyone else thinks on this forum about where I buy my comic books. I can also see you are definitely from NJ...call me whatever nasty classless name you want. You make it seem like I am criminal for just buying books from the guy. :blahblah:

It seems like there is always a post about some bad dealer here and there. If we all stopped buying from every dealer who has a reported past (albeit not as bad as Doug's)...as I said there would be maybe 5 people in this whole business to buy books from.

Anyway, I'm done responding to this thread. Sure, after I stop posting you can make me out to be a Doug Schmell apologist (I'M NOT)...or make me out to be someone who is a crack whore who will buy from anyone who has my needed comic book (I WON'T).

Oh, where are all the people jumping on top of Kevin (kevinm562) to bash him for doing business with Doug? Does Kevin owe some explanation for why he does business with him? Is he a ing Tool also? Interesting nobody said anything to the person that this whole thread is about. Instead he gets messages like "hi Kevin" "kevin is a good guy"....yet he is still doing repeated business with Doug... (tsk)

I clearly don't have the experiences many of you have from being on this forum a long time. I'm still a noob. AND, I value the opinions here and respect the forum members. So, with that said. See you on another topic and hopefully it can be respectful even if you don't agree with my opinions.

Bye :hi:

It's going to be fun watching you have your forthcoming meltdown and FDQ exit.

:popcorn:

It's a Surfer book with a brown cover. Twelve 9.4s, two 9.6s and one 9.8. Oh, and let's not forget the first appearance of Wyatt Wingfoot. His greatest accomplishment was that he went on to bang She-Hulk in the final issues of the Byrne FF run.

Wyatt Wingfoot is worthy of praise for that

You know, I have absolutely no dog in this fight (hell, I don't even buy GA/SA/BA, so I've never had dealings with Pedigree, or indeed, most of you in this thread), but I've been following and reading this thread for the past couple of days. As much as I disagree with many of the points Mark is making, he is absolutely right with this one:

How can you jump down Mark's throat about buying from Doug, yet say nothing to those that are supplying Doug with the means to make that money? Seems awfully hypocritical.

Probably because Mark (unlike Kevin) came on here and told us that he is willing to deal with not only folks who screw him but also those who haven't yet, as evidenced by the quotes below.

I guess the honest answer....

Because there aren't many silver dealers out there who sell CGC books in higher grades. It's a limited pool of business owners and I am in a hobby to collect these books. They don't come easily sometimes and you have to hunt them down.

If I cut off businesses for every thing I hear it would be a very small pool of people to do biz with.

And, you are welcome to buy from whomever you want. I respect that. I won't spend a penny at Metro unless I can get a slabbed book on the cheap. Otherwise I think they suck. There I said it.

Again, not saying it isn't true...it might very well be true and if so...I know who I am dealing with or not dealing with....but I like to base my decisions on facts. The fact I was sold a raw book that was overgraded by Metro...that is a fact and the fact they wouldn't recoup my losses once I had the book slabbed...that's a fact of poor business practices in my eyes. I was affected and probably won't do any biz with them again (unless I get a sweet deal).

Does that book always fetch 5 figures? If so, wow. I don't know anything about FF books. I'm just surprised that book would be that expensive. Low number of HG copies? (shrug)

There are a low number of copies, but the answer to your question is no, it only became a 5-figure book last year. Prior to 2009 it had never sold for more than around $7500 and hadn't eclipsed $2500 as recently as 2004. Every time I see an exponential jump like this, it's followed by either a drop or an extended flattening...this book isn't a great buy at this price level.

The FF Surfer covers from #72 to #75 saw similar exponential increases even bigger than #50 because for some reason they're quite difficult to find in 9.6/9.8 as compared to the issues above and below them.