• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

I like you so much more than I like Crazy Ed.

You don't know how happy I am to hear that.

I wanna like Crazy Ed too..........

Who is he and where can I find him?

Crazy Ed is in Miami.

Oh, and yes we are friends! (thumbs u

I am a big Mark1 fan. I like folks who stick up for their friends (thumbs u

I know Mark1

And you my friend are no Mark1........:lol: directed at no one in particular

I always liked that Kennedy analogy.

Actually I have met Mark and he's a good guy, since I didn't want to read this whole thread, I just thought I'd drop in my 2 cents. :cloud9: pennies from heaven :cloud9:

I know Mark1

And you my friend are no Mark1........:lol: directed at no one in particular

I always liked that Kennedy analogy.

Actually I have met Mark and he's a good guy, since I didn't want to read this whole thread, I just thought I'd drop in my 2 cents. :cloud9: pennies from heaven :cloud9:

Thanks Collin! Sending the best to you and your family right now (thumbs u

You're not Matt Nelson, are you? (shrug)

I like Matt Nelson so much more than I like you.

Not that anyone else cares...but just so you know.

The reference was an 'in-joke', harking back to Matt telling me my moral compass was too tightly wound.

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

The reference was an 'in-joke', harking back to Matt telling me my moral compass was too tightly wound.

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

I think it was British humour. hm

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

probably because it wasn't funny

where's Benny Hill when you need him?

So what do we do with people who've committed a crime once they get out of prison?

If its immoral to hire them or buy or sell to them, that doesn't leave a lot of room for them to exist in any honest way. Maybe they should have just shot Doug instead of disbarring him?

Unless someone is willing to deal with former criminals in some way (even if it is just letting them clean toilets for a living), it seems to me that they will be required to return to crime.

Doug did some pretty bad things, but they weren't rape or murder. I see nothing indicating he is currently doing anything particularly unethical in his business now.

People can decide whether his track record makes him too untrustworthy to deal with and conduct themselves accordingly.

I don't think people holding themselves as morally superior than someone else for making a different decision on that are really worth listening to, though.

If somebody knowingly deals with criminals then, in my opinion, their morals become questionable.

And, before anyone asks, no, some people absolutely do not deserve second chances.

Despite the fact that Doug's business was founded on his ill-gotten gains (his uber-high grade collection was frequently paid for with checks drawn on his business account doh! ), he was given a second chance. His business was respected and supported.

He then engaged in a number of questionable/unethical practices which (a) led to people running out of patience and (b) suggested that his mind-set had not changed and rehabilitation had not occurred.

I'm not going to suggest that I am 'morally superior' to anybody, but what I can tell you is that my business is run ethically and I don't have much time for businesses that aren't. Especially when those businesses are 'second chances' and still nothing has been learned. doh!

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

Funny only after a pint? (shrug)

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

You appear to have spelled mess wrong there. (shrug)

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

No, I believe I spelled British correctly.

I was attempting humour.

You clearly are not.

No, I believe I spelled British correctly.

"Courrectly" :gossip:

I could use a decent pint right now, Miller Lite is failing miserably.

Miller Lite has always failed miserably. Grab a 12 pack of Blue Moon's and an orange from produce. You'll be amazed. (thumbs u

DRX

I could use a decent pint right now, Miller Lite is failing miserably.

Miller Lite has always failed miserably. Grab a 12 pack of Blue Moon's and an orange from produce. You'll be amazed. (thumbs u

DRX

Last week I still had some Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier...sadly I ran out

Some of you guys on here act like you are 12...well what should I expect?...this is a comic book forum so it shouldn't be a surprise that some have the maturity level of a child.

This statement cracks me up - of course, we are all in a state of arrested development, yearning for the great times in our youth.

I always tell people that I'll never have a mid-life crisis, since technically, I never got out of childhood. :banana:

I'll be 50 next March :sorry:

OK...I read the first 10 pp. or so and the thread never ACTUALLY seemed to discuss the title book/transaction at hand...I know for a FACT the book sold for $13,400 on the 4th of July...

The book was re-listed as the buyer came to the conclusion that the book was "unimprovable"...

I'm fully aware of shady shenanigan-like reposts and the like on Doug's site...but as far as I know, this seems legit...

Again, the book did SELL to an outside consignor originally...FOR REALS!

t