• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How high will it go? Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 on ebay

132 posts in this topic

I can personally guarantee you that this guy doesn't own those comics.

:o

A-1 Comics listed many books I wanted last year, but the owner never responded to any emails so I avoided bidding.

(shrug)

Maybe it's just you. :whistle:

They are talking about the guy with the 56 rating and all the super items he doesn't know what they are worth, not A-1 comics

"Old Comic Book Authenticated by CGC, I have many of these! Not exactly sure of the value but I know it's worth more than I paid ;) so I'm aiming to get my money back"

lol... good Lord... and with super low shipping charges... sounds like a perfect scam set-up...

On a scam that's now at $510

For some reason my alarm bells are ringing on this book.

Something just doesnt feel right.

:eek:

lol You look at his other auctions? Captain America Comics #11 CGC 9.6, Showcase #4 cgc 8.0, 2 gem mint Jordan rookies and an 8.0 freaking Babe Ruth!! Its like this guy all of a sudden decided to pick the rarest items to scam people with.

Oh and his feedback is 56 with all his feedback being "private"

He puts in his other Babe Ruth auction

"It's your choice to bid, your risk to take. Don't be upset if it's not authentic, if I knew it was authentic, I'd get it graded and sell it for $2000 myself."

ah, it doesn`t cost much to grade a baseball card, surely it be worth it to have this card sent and be graded to see if its real or not?

He puts in his other Babe Ruth auction

"It's your choice to bid, your risk to take. Don't be upset if it's not authentic, if I knew it was authentic, I'd get it graded and sell it for $2000 myself."

ah, it doesn`t cost much to grade a baseball card, surely it be worth it to have this card sent and be graded to see if its real or not?

It's such a nice thing that the law doesn't look at fraud that way....

:cloud9:

Claims to be in Tennessee. In his payment terms (no PayPal), he says "...message me if you wish."

I live in Tennessee. Ain't nobody around here that would say "message me if you wish." (:

isn't no paypal a violation of eBay terms? hm

Claims to be in Tennessee. In his payment terms (no PayPal), he says "...message me if you wish."

I live in Tennessee. Ain't nobody around here that would say "message me if you wish." (:

All sellers are required to accept paypal from my understanding. It also has to be able to accept CC form of paypal payment too.

I can personally guarantee you that this guy doesn't own those comics.

:o

A-1 Comics listed many books I wanted last year, but the owner never responded to any emails so I avoided bidding.

(shrug)

Maybe it's just you. :whistle:

They are talking about the guy with the 56 rating and all the super items he doesn't know what they are worth, not A-1 comics

Yup. A1 is a solid seller. I was talking about the other eBay link.

I know who owns some of those offered books and it wasn't the 56 feedback seller.

All sellers are required to accept paypal from my understanding. It also has to be able to accept CC form of paypal payment too.

He didn`t accept paypal was probally the reason they got taken down, that was a major red flag!

I hate RESERVES on ebay. Why not just start your bidding at the minimum price and stop wasting everyone's time. It's all perception anyways.

especially when it's free listing at whatever starting bid.

Well looks like I'm going to be eating my words.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Incredible-Hulk-181-1974-CGC-Graded-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-/350383291289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Who has this kind of cash to put down on a funny book? :insane:

Why was the ending price a surprise to you? 12 month GPA on this book in this grade is close to $17,000 :shrug: