• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My EBAY Nightmare

596 posts in this topic

The $14,500 final price is certainly a fair price.

But....

Just because the result was reasonable does not mean it's acceptable, in light of the circumstances.

I watch the high-grade Silver Spidey market closely, and in the current marketplace, it's 50/50 odds that the book would fetch a price even that high upon a second auction. If it were mine I'd hold onto it for another 6-24 months, could be more if the economy worsens, or simply list it at a set price in the $16K to $19K range for a while. If he's set on selling it now and tosses it up on ComicLink with no reserve, it's a crapshoot as to whether all of this worry will have been for naught...but who knows, maybe he'll roll sevens and set the record E-Bay just screwed him out of! :cloud9:

I`d sell it right around the time the Spidey reboot movie debuts,this is when hype will be in over drive. ;)

I don't think Ebay is at fault here.

How accurate is the countdown clock and high bid information?

The time left as indicated in the clock display may be slightly inaccurate.

source

May well be the reason those 2 bidders did not get their bid in.

Bit of a contradiction there then?

... I got a long laundry list of demands for my access to be unfrozen: Social Security number, credit report, etc.

Annoying isn't it, when people make extensive detailed demands of you just for the privilege of doing business with them.

:whistle:

This was posted in the Water Closet

I am a Newbie to this platform, so please bear with me; Pardon my post-blooper!

I recently had a traumatic experience on EBAY regarding one of John's stunning slabs.

The book in question was ASM#1 (8.0 ow-w). The experience has severely bruised me

regarding EBAY, as I literally lost sleep in anticipation of this auction.

When that fateful moment came, I entered a huge bid so as to clinch the auction,

only to find that EBAY went kabluie; My screen was shifted to an

ominous DEMAND TO CONFIRM ACCOUNT. I elected a phone confirmation link

(to which I complied) only to find that my BID DID NOT REGISTER!

My bid was Seiko-smart to the second,mind you; I was well within THE ZONE.

From there, I got the most pathetic of bureaucratic snafu-shuffles

I've ever encountered....A TOTAL DISASTER, as I obviously DIDN'T WIN!

I emailed John & we began dialog, as he too, was livid as to the ineptitude

displayed by EBAY. If anyone else was fouled like me; Please come forward...

If one of you fine folk know anything about this or have had [as I currently expect]

extraordinary experiences with TempusFugitivus, I would appreciate your input.

I must say; It's been a long time since I have seen such fine collectibles as offered by

John. My instincts tell me that after the better part of a decade with EBAY, I am

ready & needing a change of approach!

So, this is my first day within your esteemed League

of Gentlemen [& Women,no doubt!].

Is it a shill?

I recently had a traumatic experience on EBAY regarding one of John's stunning slabs.

The book in question was ASM#1 (8.0 ow-w). The experience has severely bruised me

When that fateful moment came, I entered a huge bid so as to clinch the auction,

If one of you fine folk know anything about this or have had [as I currently expect]

I must say; It's been a long time since I have seen such fine collectibles as offered by

John. My instincts tell me that after the better part of a decade with EBAY, I am

Is it a shill?

Would like to see the OP post in this thread,as it's been directed here in that WC thread...I would like to know what his Ebay I.D. is.?

Is it a shill?

hm

This is getting weird now.

Agreed, but until the guy fesses up his eBay ID it's could just be a shill who is bored and looking for fun and games.

... I got a long laundry list of demands for my access to be unfrozen: Social Security number, credit report, etc.

Annoying isn't it, when people make extensive detailed demands of you just for the privilege of doing business with them.

Oh snap!

Oh snap!

Snap fail.

It would be fine if you were new to an organization but when you've been doing loyal business with someone for years and then they all of a sudden decide they don't know you? That's a different thing altogether.

Well, he's not a shill (so much for not posting any more).

Michael (MMF335) was the high bidder (and I think his ebay handle is exactly the same).

I asked the three highest bidders if they were still interested in purchasing the book. Michael is understandably hesitant to complete a high dollar transaction without some confirmation that I am reputable. I told him to check me out with Comiclink, Collectibles Insurance (so that he would know the book was covered while shipping), and the Boards for references.

If he doesn't want to complete the transaction, the second highest bidder, who I've already done business with, has already said that he definitely would. The third highest bidder never got back to me.

If everyone could keep from abusing him too much so that he could make up his mind, I would appreciate it. I would also appreciate a few good references from my comrades. The rest of you savages can have your fun.

I don't mind giving you a reference, JR. (thumbs u

I was just poking fun at the long list of packing instructions that used to accompany every paypal payment from you back in the day when I still had good stuff to sell. :baiting: