• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdcomixncardz Flash 207 CGG 9.8

68 posts in this topic

tdcomixncardz has Flash 207 CGG 9.8 EbayThis does not sit well with me 893naughty-thumb.gif You all know I carry the CGG flag here but this makes me sick. A book that came out Feb 25 is already graded BULL 893censored-thumb.gif I am sickened by this. mad.gifmad.gif

sign-rantpost.gif I guess it comes down to the Benjamin’s

That's frickin impossible...it came out wednesday...even if he shipped it on Wed...that means it arrived there overnight on thursady,..was graded and shipped out Friday,..and then received on Sat. for the listing??...not even the Flash could do that!!??!! blush.gif

I am just trying to figure out why you are upset. What am I missing??
I just sent in Flash Thursday and I was going to try and flip it but by the time I get my copy tdcomixncardz has flooded the market

How did the Supes get a 9.8 with the spine cracked like it is?]

blush.gif

I've seen some CGC-graded 9.8 copies of "Origin" (with the cardstock covers that have easily-frayed spines) with the same defect...so there's no guarantee that CGC would have graded this book any lower.

Gene

How did the Supes get a 9.8 with the spine cracked like it is?]

blush.gif

I've seen some CGC-graded 9.8 copies of "Origin" (with the cardstock covers that have easily-frayed spines) with the same defect...so there's no guarantee that CGC would have graded this book any lower.

Gene

Just curious.

I thought that automatically made it a 9.6 max.

thumbsup2.gif

THIS BOOK IS STRICTLY GRADED 9.8, CGG (A HOT NEW GRADING COMPANY WITH GREAT PRICES, FAST TURNAROUND, SUPERIOR HOLDER, ALL AROUND GREAT 3RD PERSON GRADING CO!) .
It should read World's Fastest turnarounds for me only 2 days to graded my books

THIS BOOK IS STRICTLY GRADED 9.8, CGG (A HOT NEW GRADING COMPANY WITH GREAT PRICES, FAST TURNAROUND, SUPERIOR HOLDER, ALL AROUND GREAT 3RD PERSON GRADING CO!) .
It should read World's Fastest turnarounds for me only 2 days to graded my books

Did CGG take you off their VIP list or something? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course it's possible. Now do you believe me that He and CGG are ONE AND THE SAME! acclaim.gif

Hey, although I admit that I can be fooled as well, I think this guy is legit. I just received a CGG graded book by this guy in a holder that was a little bit odd, basically too small for the comic. Long story short, I asked this guy directly if he was connected to CGG. He said that he was not, but did live close by. Therefore he knows them well being one of their first large customers. Also, he is able to drive to/from the site and not have to wait for shipping and etc. Now I wouldn't doubt if they gave him extra fast service, but as long as they meet their normal deadlines, I think that it is good customer relations to treat your best and longest customers well. I see nothing wrong here IMO. -----Sid

They both have Eugene Oregon PO Boxes, and CGG does NOT list the owners of the organization, nor who grades the books. I believe if someone investigates further via the Eugene Oregon Post Office we will know once and for all if they are one and the same. Until then, I remain convinced that they are one and the same. sumo.gif

Pardon my ignorance cause i've never paid much attention to the CGG threads,...but are you saying they operate their service and no one knows who the executives, graders or owners are?...

Now do you believe me that He and CGG are ONE AND THE SAME!

Why should this come as a surprise if that's the case? The history of grading services in all collectables is littered with dealers owning their own grading/appraisal services. In gemstones, coins, sportscards, and comic books most recently.

Do you think all grading services are as honest and moral as CGC? Somehow, at some time, it always comes to light eventually if they're not as honest as you think. Sometimes many years later. Just surf the web. All questions can be answered there with the right sleuthing and a little horse sense.

Now do you believe me that He and CGG are ONE AND THE SAME!

Why should this come as a surprise if that's the case? The history of grading services in all collectables is littered with dealers owning their own grading/appraisal services. In gemstones, coins, sportscards, and comic books most recently.

Do you think all grading services are as honest and moral as CGC? Somehow, at some time, it always comes to light eventually if they're not as honest as you think. Sometimes many years later. Just surf the web. All questions can be answered there with the right sleuthing and a little horse sense.

Well, if you are going to go this route, I will play as well. You are naive with the "as honest and moral as CGC" bit. Don't you think SB or any CGC grader could have their own books (or a friend's or whatever) submitted for "extra special insider's grading service"? How do we know that this does not happen often? I assume they would be smart enough to not list in their own name, maybe have someone else list for them. Just as realistic as the CGG scenarios being talked about here IMO. ----Sid