• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Forum Dinner

174 posts in this topic

Please note that anybody person_without_enough_empathying about a $50 cost for a dinner at this kind of place simply doesn't understand what things cost and should not be taken seriously. doh!

Really guys. $50 inclusive is correct. I'm surprised its that low.

Please note that anybody person_without_enough_empathying about a $50 cost for a dinner at this kind of place simply doesn't understand what things cost and should not be taken seriously. doh!

at $150 i'll be paying you better beleive i'm hopeing it goes down

I do understand that this isn't chump change for a lot of people, but it truly is the best spot and price I can do when you factor all of the realities of putting one of these dinners together.

I appreciate it when people come, and I don't want to minimize the expense. However, I do want to let you guys know what the overall situation is. Remember, this cost -- as a buffet -- would still be roughly $45 a head because $37.50 doesn't include tax and tip. But where you win, is that the buffet includes appetizer, main course, dessert, coffee, soda, tea. That's a good deal under these circumstances. That's why I'm really trying for it.

Foolkiller, you are doing a terrific job setting up the dinner.

Quick question that may be on everyone's minds... What's the dress code for this place? From the looks of the website, it looks pretty fancy.

Thanks!

I do understand that this isn't chump change for a lot of people, but it truly is the best spot and price I can do when you factor all of the realities of putting one of these dinners together.

I appreciate it when people come, and I don't want to minimize the expense. However, I do want to let you guys know what the overall situation is. Remember, this cost -- as a buffet -- would still be roughly $45 a head because $37.50 doesn't include tax and tip. But where you win, is that the buffet includes appetizer, main course, dessert, coffee, soda, tea. That's a good deal under these circumstances. That's why I'm really trying for it.

plz don't take that i'm complaining about what's going on or the job your doing (thumbs u , it was more the person_without_enough_empathying comment bc yes i've never paid that much before for 1 person for dinner, except that one time after work went to red lobster & i've never gone back bc of the price

and yes i know the price includes more then just the food, family owned a resturant/banquit type place for meny years

plz don't take that i'm complaining about what's going on or the job your doing (thumbs u , it was more the person_without_enough_empathying comment bc yes i've never paid that much before for 1 person for dinner, except that one time after work went to red lobster & i've never gone back bc of the price

and yes i know the price includes more then just the food, family owned a resturant/banquit type place for meny years

Though, from what I've been hearing, apparently the food is WELL WORTH the price! :)

Though, from what I've been hearing, apparently the food is WELL WORTH the price! :)

anythings worth the price once

it matters if your willing to go back again

Folks,

We are at 26 people. I'd love it if we got to 30, and I'm hopeful that we will.

If we do, I will take the risk and guarantee the final 10 (personally) to get to the required 40 number for the buffet and try to get some folks to come on Friday evening.

First you have to take off your shirt and dance like a hula girl, then recite the Green Lantern Oath and give me a cookie. Then you can come in.

:kidaround:

I'm just pulling your leg. xD Wander around til someone points you in the right direction is normally what I do. :D

We have now finally confirmed with McCormick and Schmick's for dinner.

I am guaranteeing the final 10 people to get to the buffet.

The cost with tax and tip will bring this to a round $46 a head. This is an all inclusive number. There will be a cash bar, so people can pay for their own drinks.

Here is the menu:

Appetizers:

Caesar Salad

Tomato Mozzarella Salad

Seafood Corn Chowder

Main:

Roasted Atlantic Salmon

Parmesean encrusted Sole

Chicken Stuffed with Prosciutto, Spinach and Asiago cheese

Chicken Picatta

Sides of Steamed veggies, Mashed Potatoes, Rice

Dessert is also provided by display.

Coffee, Tea and Soda is also included in the price.

Pretty good deal all around if you ask me, and I look forward to seeing you there.