• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Forum Dinner

174 posts in this topic

HEY ALL, I'm in town, Staying at the hyatt.

I'm down to grab a drink with some comic folks before the dinner. Maybe 6:30 or 7:00?

If anyone is up for it, let me know. Either here and people who know the area can just name a place (I'll check back in around 6:00) or call/txt 617 216 9811.

Comic bookness in full effect.

Wonderful dinner! I learned that a tomato is a giant berry (hah), and that Shaggy and Velma hook up on the side. Great food, even better company! Thanks again guys!

Let me guess, you sat next to Paul at dinner?

He loves to talk about tomatoes!

:boo:

Looks like the dinner was a good time, Brian is a good host.

Brian,

Who will be responsible for making up any discrepancies in the bill? I often attend forum dinners where diners invariable skip out on the check or do not contribute enough, and the organizer winds up having to pay additional monies out of pocket. Since you've spent an incredible amount of time organizing this, I would hate for you to be stuck holding the proverbial bag. What steps will you be taking to prevent this atrocity?

Yours,

--A Concerned Patron

:ohm

Can I hire you to pick games for me in Vegas this year?

Brian,

Thank you for being a patron of the hobby. Despite my previous note, I understand that you and another fellow patron saint had to contribute several hundred dollars to make up the difference in the tab for those that decided not to pay or did not contribute the correct amount.

It really speaks volumes to your generosity towards others that not only did you take the time to organize this dinner but you and another also chose to subsidize it out of your own pockets. It is a testament to your love of the hobby and those in it that you continue to organize these dinners despite the financial burden that you incur because of it.

I would like to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to you and the other patron. In this instance one can truly say that you put your money where your mouth is.

Sincerely,

--A Concerned Patron

Brian,

Thank you for being a patron of the hobby. Despite my previous note, I understand that you and another fellow patron saint had to contribute several hundred dollars to make up the difference in the tab for those that decided not to pay or did not contribute the correct amount.

It really speaks volumes to your generosity towards others that not only did you take the time to organize this dinner but you and another also chose to subsidize it out of your own pockets. It is a testament to your love of the hobby and those in it that you continue to organize these dinners despite the financial burden that you incur because of it.

I would like to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to you and the other patron. In this instance one can truly say that you put your money where your mouth is.

Sincerely,

--A Concerned Patron

Can't believe this guy went out of his way to arrange a dinner party and then a bunch of his so called comic buddies stiffed him.

Brian,

Sincerely,

--A Concerned Patron

Can't believe this guy went out of his way to arrange a dinner party and then a bunch of his so called comic buddies stiffed him.

hopefully some people that RSVP but missed for whatever reason will recognize that the cost is fixed so they will send some money to Brian later.

Heck, I never attended one forum dinner and the only one I planned/paid but missed was the one at SD...and the thought of even asking for a refund didn't even cross my mind before I knew that the cost was incurred regardless if I showed up or not.

hopefully some people that RSVP but missed for whatever reason will recognize that the cost is fixed so they will send some money to Brian later.

It's not just people that didn't attend. How about those theat did and didn't pay?

Brian and the other person are both too much of gentlemen to actually name names. I wish I had been at the Friday dinner. I'd have posted the list of deadbeats already.

Brian and the other person ponied up a considerable amount of money to cover the costs. It's not like they each threw in $20 extra.

It's absolutely unfair and shows a total lack of respect and decency.

Brian and the other person ponied up a considerable amount of money to cover the costs. It's not like they each threw in $20 extra.

It's absolutely unfair and shows a total lack of respect and decency.

+1 That is too bad. :(

It's not just people that didn't attend. How about those theat did and didn't pay?

Brian and the other person are both too much of gentlemen to actually name names. I wish I had been at the Friday dinner. I'd have posted the list of deadbeats already.

good god doh!

Anyone who has ever set one of these up can tell you how much of a hassel it is to do so. It's not easy trying to make reservations and a decent menu for that many people. It's not a 5 minute phone call and you're done. It's multiple calls to multiple places.

To then get stuck with the majority of the cost is insulting.

I would also add that the next night we went out to dinner as a party of 14 and we all knew each other. We tallied up the bill and gave a dollar amount per person - the bill went around one time - and upon receipt we had the exact amount that we requested. It's not like paying for a large party at dinner is fuzzy math.

Brian would never bring this up on his own, but I just felt that what's happening needs to be mentioned because this is certainly not the first time he has organized a dinner and had to subsidize the check with his own money.

I would also add that the next night we went out to dinner as a party of 14 and we all knew each other. We tallied up the bill and gave a dollar amount per person - the bill went around one time - and upon receipt we had the exact amount that we requested. It's not like paying for a large party at dinner is fuzzy math.

Yep. Last night is how it's supposed to work.

Brian would never bring this up on his own, but I just felt that what's happening needs to be mentioned because this is certainly not the first time he has organized a dinner and had to subsidize the check with his own money.

Yep again. Brian is way too nice to call people out. Lord knows I tried to get names from him. Same with the other person.

I thought about mentioning it in my con report, but didn't. I'm glad that you brought it up here, Dave. Because I think it should be addressed and corrected.