• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Forum Dinner

174 posts in this topic

Just so you know, I'm planning on quite a bit of traffic down by Philly, so even though we're leaving with time to spare, Alex and I may be late. (and by may be, I mean close to very definitely.)

Well having done this trip probably a billion times lately (as I used to live in Philly and commute back there probably 8 times a month), if you are leaving around 6 PM, you should be leaving with basically enough time.

On fridays you will no doubt run into a few issues, the trip down 95 near the Walt Whitman (people going to the shore), the Delaware exchange, and then possibly a little on 95 S as you get towards the tunnel.

My guess is, 2 1/2 hours door to door. But if you're late it's really not a problem.

Well I'll be leaving about half an hour north of the city. I'm going to try to leave four hours for transit, but it will depend on when Alex gets to where I'll be. P:

You "should" be okay with 4 hours. However, I know they're doing construction on 95 southbound, so you'll probably get caught in a bit of that. you should avoid most shore traffic and if you pass the DE exchange around 6 PM, you may or may not hit a slew of traffic.

If you're in the MD area by around 7:15 PM, it's about an hour once you cross over the border to get to 395 and into downtown.

Hope it's smooth sailing.

Well I'll be leaving about half an hour north of the city. I'm going to try to leave four hours for transit, but it will depend on when Alex gets to where I'll be. P:

Don't forget to add in time for Marylanders driving in clusters... far different from how we drive here in Jersey.

Thanks for the pointers Foolkiller. I would look into taking 295 into MD, but it just takes you far enough east that it might not be worth missing the Philly traffic. =\

Don't forget to add in time for Marylanders driving in clusters... far different from how we drive here in Jersey.

You mean their inability to drive? lol Fortunately I won't be driving. I'll probably be sewing.

My God, when I moved to MD I would scream "the left hand lane is not for plodding along you idjits!"

See you all tomorrow evening (also another reason for the 8 PM start is the late traffic)

I'm from MD and scream that all the time.

My God, when I moved to MD I would scream "the left hand lane is not for plodding along you idjits!"

See you all tomorrow evening (also another reason for the 8 PM start is the late traffic)

The sole reason why Lovely Rita and I are taking the train. I refuse to drive in Maryland.

I used to think the MD drivers were bad. Then I moved to the Carolinas. You'd think that with the heavy NASCAR presence, they'd drive fast. I think the only thing that they picked up from NASCAR is the lack of turn signals. :grin:

The sole reason why Lovely Rita and I are taking the train. I refuse to drive in Maryland.

I'm starting to think your wife's name, as listed on her birth certificate, is Lovely Rita. Please excuse me if I accidentally refer to her this way!! lol

crisco: At least NASCAR drivers don't even have lights on the cars...Carolinians have no excuse! Bump draft 'em! :baiting:

There's a relatively good chance that I will show up tomorrow. Don't count on it, but I might be up there.

If I come, I will sprinkle Donut Goodness throughout the room.

There's a relatively good chance that I will show up tomorrow. Don't count on it, but I might be up there.

Will you be in a better mood than yesterday? :baiting:

Will you be in a better mood than yesterday? :baiting:

Dan, here's hoping you show.

Brian,

Who will be responsible for making up any discrepancies in the bill? I often attend forum dinners where diners invariable skip out on the check or do not contribute enough, and the organizer winds up having to pay additional monies out of pocket. Since you've spent an incredible amount of time organizing this, I would hate for you to be stuck holding the proverbial bag. What steps will you be taking to prevent this atrocity?

Yours,

--A Concerned Patron