• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Forum Dinner

174 posts in this topic

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes, there was and is always some expense incurred by running a forum dinner. Rich Henn, Borock and anyone else who has done one will tell you that there are costs you just end up eating.

I paid for a few folks out of my own pocket willingly. There was a $2 charge per head I also ate intentionally. Steve Borock and I split the remainder.

I did it before (every time I run a forum dinner) and I would do so again in the future. I hope everyone had a great time. Frankly, that is the only thing I care about. We arent talking thousands of dollars or anything.

I do not want the people who I intentionally paid for thinking that I didn't want to pay for them. There was then some further discrepancy after that being built in. Where it came from and how it happened, I'd rather not even get into.

Let's focus on the fact we all had a good time, and that's what's important.

You are a class act, Foolkiller!

Exactly... I was really pizzed off when I heard this. Brian and Steve are unfortunately *used to it* -- and that sucks that much more. I thought about posting a *rant* on this as well. BUT... as Brian mentioned, it was a great time and we should focus on that (clearly easier for us).

Our table was full of good people and much laughter. It's great meeting new forumites even though I missed Han and Lauren kiss while attending to my beverage.

You are a class act, Foolkiller!

Exactly... I was really pizzed off when I heard this. Brian and Steve are unfortunately *used to it* -- and that sucks that much more. I thought about posting a *rant* on this as well. BUT... as Brian mentioned, it was a great time and we should focus on that (clearly easier for us).

Our table was full of good people and much laughter. It's great meeting new forumites even though I missed Han and Lauren kiss while attending to my beverage.

That's why drinking is the devil.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes, there was and is always some expense incurred by running a forum dinner. Rich Henn, Borock and anyone else who has done one will tell you that there are costs you just end up eating.

I paid for a few folks out of my own pocket willingly. There was a $2 charge per head I also ate intentionally. Steve Borock and I split the remainder.

I did it before (every time I run a forum dinner) and I would do so again in the future. I hope everyone had a great time. Frankly, that is the only thing I care about. We arent talking thousands of dollars or anything.

I do not want the people who I intentionally paid for thinking that I didn't want to pay for them. There was then some further discrepancy after that being built in. Where it came from and how it happened, I'd rather not even get into.

Let's focus on the fact we all had a good time, and that's what's important.

Brian, it was great meeting you face-to-face. Thank you so kindly for organizing the great dinner on Friday night, and for making sure the staff took care of me with my food allergies.

As this was our (Rita and me) first Baltimore Comic-Con, you helped to create a great experience for us. This con was top notch from start to finish.

For those that I did get to chat with, great meeting you! I'm just sorry I didn't have time to work the room and talk with everyone.

Brian and the other person ponied up a considerable amount of money to cover the costs. It's not like they each threw in $20 extra.

It's absolutely unfair and shows a total lack of respect and decency.

There's even some low life scum on these boards.............why does that not surprise me. hm

I hate ing deadbeats :frustrated:

Anyone who has ever set one of these up can tell you how much of a hassel it is to do so. It's not easy trying to make reservations and a decent menu for that many people. It's not a 5 minute phone call and you're done. It's multiple calls to multiple places.

To then get stuck with the majority of the cost is insulting.

We had a Greek Town dinner in Chicago a couple of years ago and I ended up forking out $350-$400 on a $1600 bill where there must have been 20-30 people eating. I think Nik forked up another $250 or so to make up the diff. It didn't bother me much as we all had a terrific time but I always wondered how it keeps happening. One thing that did bother me was a rumor that started later when some people wondered if I had paid for my meal (and Lou's).

doh!

Not paying for forum dinners and sticking Steve Borock and others with the remainder is becoming a pattern. I've heard that people aren't paying their share at every forum dinner. Ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

This was my first large forum dinner and I saw our table pay up, but I felt really bad after hearing about this. How could the deadbeats not expect to be figured out though, being that we chat here all the time, surely some of you that have had to pony up time and again are figuring out who they are? :wishluck:

This was my first large forum dinner and I saw our table pay up, but I felt really bad after hearing about this. How could the deadbeats not expect to be figured out though, being that we chat here all the time, surely some of you that have had to pony up time and again are figuring out who they are? :wishluck:

My first forum dinner, too. I was shocked when I read this. I ran into Foolkiller several times during the con, and he didn't mention any of this to me.

I say we out them right here, right now. If I knew who they were, I'd out them. Full disclosure.