• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 Art Viewing - Sign Up Here!

54 posts in this topic

Fantastic pictures. The trip to the LoC for comic fans ought to be an organized annual event, like the pilgrimage to Mecca. Thanks for sharing

CBCA will likely try to do this every year when the Balt Con is in town. That is an example of some of the fun things we try to do! :applause:

Membership is just $20!!! :gossip:

www.comiccollecting.org

Lots of panels cut out from some of the books over the years though.

Who would cut out panels from LOC copyright copies? ???

Panel thieves. :gossip::baiting:

Would that be LOC employees, or can the public freely access these books?

Lots of panels cut out from some of the books over the years though.

Who would cut out panels from LOC copyright copies? ???

Panel thieves. :gossip::baiting:

Would that be LOC employees, or can the public freely access these books?

The collection is totally open upon appointment. I believe in the past one could even check out a comic book but that stopped years ago, although I think inter-library loan still operates to do so (but probably not really valuable ones).

Who caused the damage - LOC employees vs. general public - is lost to the ages.

The collection is totally open upon appointment. I believe in the past one could even check out a comic book but that stopped years ago, although I think inter-library loan still operates to do so (but probably not really valuable ones).

SWEET! I think I'm going to arrange a viewing for Action 1, Detective 27, and the AF15 art and pull a Francis Dolarhyde on all of them, like where Ralph Fiennes ate that William Blake painting in "Red Dragon." :cloud9::devil:

FiennesEatsPainting.jpg

SWEET! I think I'm going to arrange a viewing for Action 1, Detective 27, and the AF15 art and pull a Francis Dolarhyde on all of them, like where Ralph Fiennes ate that William Blake painting in "Red Dragon." :cloud9::devil:

FiennesEatsPainting.jpg

Alas, no copy of Action #1 or Tec #27. :gossip::(

I wonder who owns the cover art???

(I am sure if it was at the LoC someone would've posted it.)

Has that ever been discussed?

hm

I've wondered the same thing. Actually, who has the covers to Action 1, Tec 27, and the AF15? Anyone know?

hm

I've wondered the same thing. Actually, who has the covers to Action 1, Tec 27, and the AF15? Anyone know?

Not sure that any of those exist. The AF#15 maybe. The other 2 probably not.

hm

Not sure that any of those exist. The AF#15 maybe. The other 2 probably not.

If that's so, it's a shame. I think someone will find them under a stack of old books, or behind a krappy painting, someday.

The Comic Book Collecting Association (CBCA) is proud to organize a viewing of the Amazing Fantasy 15 original art at the Library of Congress. The viewing is the day prior to the Baltimore Comic Con.

When: Friday August 27 8:30 a.m.

Where: Library of Congress

The Prints & Photographs Division is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, so this time Friday was the best time available in the days surrounding the con.

You may bring a hand-held camera that can be operated without flash using available light for reference purposes. The drawings are housed under mylar and will not be removed during the appointment.

If you would like to attend, please PM me or let us know here. We need to get an approximate number of attendees to the Curator by this Friday.

More logistical details will follow as we get a handle on the number of attendees.

Thanks!

I believe August 27 is Monday, not Friday.

The Comic Book Collecting Association (CBCA) is proud to organize a viewing of the Amazing Fantasy 15 original art at the Library of Congress. The viewing is the day prior to the Baltimore Comic Con.

The Prints & Photographs Division is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, so this time Friday was the best time available in the days surrounding the con.

You may bring a hand-held camera that can be operated without flash using available light for reference purposes. The drawings are housed under mylar and will not be removed during the appointment.

If you would like to attend, please PM me or let us know here. We need to get an approximate number of attendees to the Curator by this Friday.

More logistical details will follow as we get a handle on the number of attendees.

Thanks!

This was from a few years back.. not a current event

Thanks!

This was from a few years back.. not a current event

:doh: :tonofbricks: :lol: