• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To My Friends Attending Wizard World Next Week

93 posts in this topic

Aren't you one of those posters who said Heroes is a great show?

One of the lowest retail sale shows I had all year.

Definitely reminded me why I didn't do the show for 6 years.

Aman's show the best? Boy, what brand of moon are you drinking tonight?

I think he's talking from a signatures and sketches POV, not vintage comic selection.

NYCC is the best, cause it's in my backyard

doh!

San Diego is the best show I've ever been to for everything together.

Hanging and digging? WW Chicago (lots of books and board members)

All fun and no work? Toronto (not much in the way of vintage books so lots of extra time and a great atmosphere)

Lots of shows have their merits.

Pier 97 is not one of those shows. :baiting:

I attended C2E2, and I'm attending Wizard Chicago for the first time next week. I'm interested in seeing how they compare. I know McCormick Place was a hassle for the dealers, but from an attendee's view I thought it was great.

+ I'd rather stay in Chicago proper, and the shuttles over to McCormick ran every 15 minutes from my hotel so it wasn't an issue.

I'm a city boy, (grew up in NYC) so Chicago was fun... I don't know what staying by the airport will be like. :(

And I don't think Marvel or DC will ever be at a Wizard show again.

That means (to me) a show like C2E2 in Rosemont with all the publishers and creators, and with a dealers room like Wizard's. This way the fans get all the cool stuff they deserve without the hassle of McCormick Place.

I knew if I waited long enough, we would agree on at least one point.

I attended C2E2, and I'm attending Wizard Chicago for the first time next week. I'm interested in seeing how they compare. I know McCormick Place was a hassle for the dealers, but from an attendee's view I thought it was great.

+ I'd rather stay in Chicago proper, and the shuttles over to McCormick ran every 15 minutes from my hotel so it wasn't an issue.

I'm a city boy, (grew up in NYC) so Chicago was fun... I don't know what staying by the airport will be like. :(

Picture the exact same experience you had at C2E2 and subtract the extra 1-2 hours of travel each direction from O'Hare or Midway after flying into the city.

Picture parking costing $11 a day instead of $30 a day.

Picture all the same great food and great meeting places that actually have room to seat you.

Picture a convention that's easy to get to and from and more enjoyable for dealers and convention goers.

I don't know why you had a bad Heroes. It was a great show for attendees. It had a great mix of comics and artists. Your booth location at Heroes sucked. If you weren't looking for your booth, one would walk right past it. At any rate, you were complaining about the show before you even had your first sale. I think your negative attitude influenced your sales. Perhaps you needed SOT there for eye candy.

Plus, I didn't say FanExpo was the best. I said it was shaping up to be a better show than some of Wizard's shows. Wizard Anaheim or Wizard Texas anyone?

I don't know why you had a bad Heroes. It was a great show for attendees. It had a great mix of comics and artists. Your booth location at Heroes sucked. If you weren't looking for your booth, one would walk right past it. At any rate, you were complaining about the show before you even had your first sale. I think your negative attitude influenced your sales. Perhaps you needed SOT there for eye candy.

Plus, I didn't say FanExpo was the best. I said it was shaping up to be a better show than some of Wizard's shows. Wizard Anaheim or Wizard Texas anyone?

I might attend the Austin show just because I've never been to Austin.

Don't get me wrong. I hope it's a great show. It's just that the last great Wizard show I attended was Chicago '08.

The last Wizard show I attended was Wizard L.A. '08 - it was actually my first con ever and I thought it was pretty lame. The best thing about the show was meeting all the people from CGC since I had just started submitting a couple months earlier.

Picture the exact same experience you had at C2E2 and subtract the extra 1-2 hours of travel each direction from O'Hare or Midway after flying into the city.

Picture all the same great food and great meeting places that actually have room to seat you.

Picture a convention that's easy to get to and from and more enjoyable for dealers and convention goers.

Only $5 if you park in the outdoor Commuter Lot a couple blocks North and don't mind the 5 minute walk! :whee:

See you at the show Gary. Bring some cool books for me to buy, OK? :wishluck:

So are you saying you think SOT is eye candy?

That means (to me) a show like C2E2 in Rosemont with all the publishers and creators, and with a dealers room like Wizard's. This way the fans get all the cool stuff they deserve without the hassle of McCormick Place.

I knew if I waited long enough, we would agree on at least one point.

You got me to smile, Doc! (thumbs u

Only $5 if you park in the outdoor Commuter Lot a couple blocks North and don't mind the 5 minute walk! :whee:

See you at the show Gary. Bring some cool books for me to buy, OK? :wishluck:

Get there early, Jason. I'll have a ton of great, obscure and cool GA. Booth 1235.

The views expressed in the previous post are not necessarily the views of the poster.

The views expressed in the previous post are not necessarily the views of the poster.

Too late; it's out there on the internets now. :makepoint:

The first Wizard show I attended was Wizard Texas in '07. If it weren't for Bedrock and his then wife, the show would have sucked monkey balls. I think that was a show that PGX actually attended.

Yeah , Bedrock's booth was the one to hang at fer sure. I just missed you when I arrived.

:gossip: I beleive He was over in San Antonio desecrating our beloved Alamo.

Nor the unblind :whistle:

Jim