• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Global Priority Mail envelope refused by a seller...

31 posts in this topic

I know that overseas collectors are often described as people who absolutely want to pay the cheapest shipping cost. I think i'm not one of them (i never had books shipped with "surface" mail) and that a Global Priority Mail envelope is a good method to ship books (fast and quite safe).

Here's my problem. I won (on Ebay) a comic book, for $31 (MTU #1 raw VF+).

I gently email the seller that i would like him to ship the book using a $9.00 global priority envelope (with 2 firms card board to protect the book).

He has just sent me an invoice including $16.00 for the shipping cost. He explained me that he does not ship comics books in an envelope, but boxed.

I bought a lot of comics from seller like nochips or loisandclark, and they have always used GPM envelope with no problem.

So here's my question:

Should i shut my mouth and stop talking for nothing and pay him the additional $7 ? boo.gif

Should i gently email him (again) to ask him why he minds about shipping comics in an envelope ? Dare i say him that GPM is faster than Air mail ? Can i send him the Chromium web page address ? stooges.gif

I don't see why he would mind shipping it the way you are requesting, I know I just did the same thing for a guy that lives in Ireland. As long as you are willing to take the risk of the comics being shipped in an envelope, then there shouldn't be an issue. confused-smiley-013.gif

He may not go for it, but I would try again and let him know that as long as he packages the comics as you described, he wouldn't be held liable for damages that may occur due to being shipped in an envelope.

Whenever I send overseas, I send via Global Priority Mail; however, I use the box the post office supplies. It can hold several raw books.

If only 1 book is being shipped, the whole thing weighs less than 1 pound. The chart on the USPS site has the fee listed at $10.00 - it is the "variable weight" price.

You can review it yourself: USPS international shipping. Select Package, select Country, and enter the weight.

$12.00 would be reasonable - $16 is pushing the limit. But the question is: what did the listing actually say with respect to shipping methods and overseas charges?

Hope that helps!

Larry

Here are his payment instructions & return policy:

"Satisfaction guaranteed.If payment made by personal check, shipment made once funds are available. Oversees shipping & express shipments available, cost will be assessed upon completion of auction. All payments within 10 days of end of auction unless otherwise arranged."

I feel like we should put together a testimonial page about shipping in a priority envelope. While I wouldn't do it with very expensive books, I've shipped hundreds of books in those and even in plain envelopes and I haven't had a single package damaged. As long as the book (or books) is securely sandwiched between two piece of stiff cardboard, NOTHING should happen to the books. To me, shipping a few books overseas in a Priority Box is just a waste of money. Actually, to me, shipping anything in a Priority Box is a waste of money. Airmail isn't that much slower in most cases and it's definitely cheaper.

I feel like we should put together a testimonial page about shipping in a priority envelope. While I wouldn't do it with very expensive books, I've shipped hundreds of books in those and even in plain envelopes and I haven't had a single package damaged. As long as the book (or books) is securely sandwiched between two piece of stiff cardboard, NOTHING should happen to the books. To me, shipping a few books overseas in a Priority Box is just a waste of money. Actually, to me, shipping anything in a Priority Box is a waste of money. Airmail isn't that much slower in most cases and it's definitely cheaper.

thumbsup2.gif

Global Priority Envelop Shrine

thumbsup2.gif

All you're missing is testimonials from high feedback ebay sellers who use them all the time. I think seeing a half a dozen 1000+ feedback eBay sellers saying "I use them without a problem" would help the cause.

well seeing, I've bought from over 20 sellers on the boards here...that shouldn't be a problem....step up to the plate lads....

thumbsup2.gif

All you're missing is testimonials from high feedback ebay sellers who use them all the time. I think seeing a half a dozen 1000+ feedback eBay sellers saying "I use them without a problem" would help the cause.

well seeing, I've bought from over 20 sellers on the boards here...that shouldn't be a problem....step up to the plate lads....

flying-donut (4007) sez: I use Global Priority Mail ALL THE TIME in the flat rate envelope. It is BY FAR your best buy for shipping overseas. The comics get there faster and in better shape then in a regular box, and it is easy to use.

Kryptonitecomics (1164): Says he agree's with FlyingDonuts assessment that shipping comics via Global Priority "is BY FAR your best buy for shipping overseas. The comics get there faster and in better shape then in a regular box, and it is easy to use."

thumbsup2.gif

nowidriveachevy(184) says: "I've never used Global Priority, but I use Domestic Priority and give it 2 thumbsup. And if chromium says GP is the way to go then that's what I'll use if I ever ship overseas again." thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

jsandsmark(563) says: I always use Global Priority envelopes for overseas shipping. The packaging is free from the USPS, and the price, safety, and speed simply can't be beat. The GP envelope + 2 pieces of cardboard + bubble wrap = bombproof packaging!

BOC says: "I always use Global Priority envelopes for overseas shipping. It has changed my life in so many positive ways. I cannot live without my GPM envelope." cloud9.gif

Does it get you the babes with the big bouncing you-know-whats? confused.gif

Does it get you the babes with the big bouncing you-know-whats? confused.gif

BOC says: "The Global Priority envelopes have changed my sex life for the better. I get more tail now that I've switched to the GPM envelope." thumbsup2.gif

I know that overseas collectors are often described as people who absolutely want to pay the cheapest shipping cost. I think i'm not one of them (i never had books shipped with "surface" mail) and that a Global Priority Mail envelope is a good method to ship books (fast and quite safe).

Here's my problem. I won (on Ebay) a comic book, for $31 (MTU #1 raw VF+).

I gently email the seller that i would like him to ship the book using a $9.00 global priority envelope (with 2 firms card board to protect the book).

He has just sent me an invoice including $16.00 for the shipping cost. He explained me that he does not ship comics books in an envelope, but boxed.

I bought a lot of comics from seller like nochips or loisandclark, and they have always used GPM envelope with no problem.

So here's my question:

Should i shut my mouth and stop talking for nothing and pay him the additional $7 ? boo.gif

Should i gently email him (again) to ask him why he minds about shipping comics in an envelope ? Dare i say him that GPM is faster than Air mail ? Can i send him the Chromium web page address ? stooges.gif

I was at the post office a week ago. They now have Tyvek envelopes for Global service. Same 9.00 price. Instead of those cadboard square ones, they let you use a soft flexible Tyvek. It's great.

Tell the seller you are an expert at receivng goods and know the best way to ship to France. The 16.00 box will not be as safe nor as fast as Global service. 9.00 US up to 4 lbs.