• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Comics by Marvel
2 2

184 posts in this topic

This may have already been answered but.....does someone have a complete list and issue numbers of all the Star Comics titles?

Or......does the wikipedia page capture them all?

It's very likely that Wikipedia has listed all of the issues that have the Star logo on the cover. But it's been noted that there are many issues that are identified with "Star Comics presents..." on the interior splash page. These are going to be harder to identify and list and they are not on the page you linked.

Posted this is SS Room, but not here. Still waiting for a Chuck Norris signing:

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_I-4.jpg

I just need to warn you that adding Chuck Norris's signature will probably bump up the grade to 9.8. There is a risk that CGC will give it a purple label if they detect that Chuck Norris's signature was only added to improve the grade.

I still think that it is worth the risk.

Dan

I just need to warn you that adding Chuck Norris's signature will probably bump up the grade to 9.8. There is a risk that CGC will give it a purple label if they detect that Chuck Norris's signature was only added to improve the grade.

Dan

Here's my anticipatory post:

I am going to have a #4 done by Alex Saviuk this year. I will have to keep it in its own box so it doesn't make the other slabs mess their pants.

Dan

I am going to have a #4 done by Alex Saviuk this year. I will have to keep it in its own box so it doesn't make the other slabs mess their pants.

lol I didn't catch that originally. I hope the book doesn't catch fire if Chuck signs it.

Dan

Dan

lol I didn't catch that originally. I hope the book doesn't catch fire if Chuck signs it.

Dan

Now I know why I missed it. Your quote was in a "Worst Copper" thread. Any book with Chuck in it is automatically disqualified from being in a "worst" thread.

Dan

Dan

BS!

Chuck's sig would immediately bump the grade to Infinity+1.

Looking through some Alf comics today, I see that the last issue that syas "Star Comics presents" on the splash page appears to be #33 (I haven't checked all subsequent issues, just #34 and a few others for spot checking). There continues to be references to Star Comics on the letters page (write to them at "c/o Star Comics") and there's a "Star Signals" advertising page in some issues in the #34-#39 range.

But checking Alf #40 I don't see anything but standard Marvel stuff. So when exactly did the Star Comics line completely disappear? Could it have died out in the first few months of 1991?

Also of note, on the Star Signals pages I see mentions of Barbie, Barbie Fashion, and Mighty Mouse. I suspected MM as a potential Star Comic but Barbie surprises me a bit more. Anyone have copies handy to check them out?