• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Comics by Marvel
2 2

184 posts in this topic

Okay, I started listing my Stars....they are now in a thread in the "Mixed" Forum. Just a PSA. :hi:
But dammit if greg didnt already pick through them them. :mad::(

I stumbled onto quite a bunch of nice HG Star comics at bargain box prices -- Flintstone Kids, Heathcliff, Heathcliff's Funhouse, Fraggle Rock, Foofur etc! Lots of them will fill holes in my collection (Fraggle Rock, Flintstone Kids) plus probably got a few upgrades (Heathcliffs).

:banana:

starcomics.jpg

[/b]

I stumbled onto quite a bunch of nice HG Star comics at bargain box prices -- Flintstone Kids, Heathcliff, Heathcliff's Funhouse, Fraggle Rock, Foofur etc! Lots of them will fill holes in my collection (Fraggle Rock, Flintstone Kids) plus probably got a few upgrades (Heathcliffs).

:banana:

starcomics.jpg

[/b]

:applause:

I recently made a purchase of 9 different Marvel Star #1 issues from mycomicshop on eBay all in supposed NM condition. I received them yesterday, began grading them and of course the first one I look at (Air Raiders #1) was a FN/VF at best. :P

But the 3rd book I looked at (Bullwinkle and Rocky #1) quickly made up for that. How? See the pic below. :whee:

BullwinkleRocky1NMDoubleCover.jpg

I subbed a handful of Star books with my first pre-screen. Pretty happy with the results. All 9.8 whites. A couple (Defenders of the Earth #1 and Thundercats #6 were from a recent regular submission) A couple of top census - Defenders of the Earth #1 and Animax #1 although the census doesn't reflect the Animax yet.

th_125f8508.jpgth_51b76f0e.jpgth_fb61e0f6.jpgth_40f8df59.jpgth_1b59a264.jpgth_49856480.jpgth_b85843fb.jpgth_ca00c5d2.jpgth_thundercats8marvelstarcomicscgc98white1017057005.jpg

i love the 25th ann. star covers and have a few dealers trying to locate them in 9.8s. the peter porker #12 is my favorite and would pay over a hundred easy for it in 9.8. they are so tuff to find in 9.8s its crazy.i have a care bears#7 that is 9.6-9.8 but do not like to send them in unless i really think they can make 9.8. maybe topnoch can find some of these in high grades

Edited by marino1

i love the 25th ann. star covers and have a few dealers trying to locate them in 9.8s. the peter porker #12 is my favorite and would pay over a hundred easy for it in 9.8. they are so tuff to find in 9.8s its crazy.i have a care bears#7 that is 9.6-9.8 but do not like to send them in unless i really think they can make 9.8. maybe topnoch can find some of these in high grades

I am with you completely. Those books are awesome. The only really nice potential 9.8 I have is the MOTU.

I was just browsing through the classifieds section of a website based in my city (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada) and found these:

http://ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=362834

http://ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=359462

Figured I'd post in case anyone is interested.

Edited by JJ Speederman