• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How well does Metropolis grade?

146 posts in this topic

Yeah.....it says mine is on hold. How long does it take them to ship? For $8 they should drive the damn book down to me personally.

What really sucks is that I wanted the 9.6 NM+ copy on their website and Ed says they only had the 9.4 available. The frigging 9.6 copy is still showing up as available on their website. mad.gif

It's just a P.O.S superman # 275 worth about 35 cents on the open market. smile.gif

It was one of the first books I owned as a kid and I wanted to get a nice NM copy. I placed the order with Metropolis and their system had to "email" me the total with shipping costs. They don't tell you when you're placing the order. Well.....needless to say I was a little pissed when I found out they charged me $8 frigging dollars to ship it. mad.gif And now they'll probably take two weeks to get the damn thing to me.

It was one of the first books I owned as a kid and I wanted to get a nice NM copy.

Whoa, Bug, cosmic. I'm working on a deal right now to get a pile of unread Green Lantern 195s from this guy because that was MY first book and I want to get as nice a copy as possible blush.gif

Yeah......I dumped all my high dollar books a while back. Made about $400 profit from my Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 and made money on most of the other ones I sold. Although I really didn't buy them to flip and make money off of......I just wanted them.

I've since decided to just collect the books that got me started collecting and that I loved as a kid. It makes it much more enjoyable for me than worrying if I'm going to make or lose money on a book should I ever decide to sell it. The ones I'm buying now, I intend to keep forever. smile.gif

And, none of the books from my childhood are key issues or anything so I can get them in high grade for not a lot of money grin.gif .

I'm always scepticle (spelling??) when someone other than CGC grades a book at 9.8 . Just seems too tough a grade to advertise as such unless it is sealed and certified...

Well...let us know.. weihnachten034.gif

i think metro is very good with their silverage grading from what i used to buy from them,but about a year ago i got about 8 amaz spideys#270 and up from metro and they had 2 of them graded 10.0 and the other 6 graded 9.8 i sent them to cgc and the 10.0s one came back 9.2 and the other at 9.4 and the 9.8s,well none of them got a 9.8,i was at least hoping the 2 10.0s would have come back at 9.8. so whenever they have a 9.8 that they grade probaly not a cgc9.8

I got my Superman #275 from Metropolis earlier this week and it looks like a 9.4 nm copy to me (which is what they advertised it as) so I'm golden. I was also pleased to learn that the $8 charge that showed up for shipping in my confirmation wsa actually only charged as $6 to my credit card. Nice to see they adjusted it downward since I only ordered the one book. The book came very well packaged and I'm happy with Metropolis and would order from them again. grin.gif

Yo Ricky.......I just checked the box on the order form for free upgrade to second day air, so I got them in 2 days.

And greggy.......whatever do you mean? grin.gif

Hey........I was just watching your backs..........nobody messes with my boys and then expects to skate without feeling the bugs wrath. mad.gif