• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

One of my favorite independent series from the 90s was Teri S. Wood's Wandering Star.

Little known except to hardcore fans was Teri's first attempt at publishing this series in a mag-sized ashcan. It was actually in the late 80s, but figured more people would appreciate it here.

Issue 1 had a print run around 500.

Issue 2 had only 20 copies or so. (My note says less than 10 known to exist. Just not sure off-hand where I read that. I think it was Teri herself who mentioned it somewhere.)

Those insipid "Museum" comics, which were limited to 1-copy per edition.

Nothing could be harder to find than a series of comics with only one existing copy each - I win, shut down the thread!!

Anybody ever seen one of these:

ticktestissue001.jpg

with letter from NEC

ticktestissue002.jpg

It is an ashcan. I had 1 graded years ago. I can't remember the specific print run but I know it is less than 500 copies. Give me a day or 2 to find my notes.

ticktestissue001.jpg

with letter from NEC

ticktestissue002.jpg

It is an ashcan. I had 1 graded years ago. I can't remember the specific print run but I know it is less than 500 copies. Give me a day or 2 to find my notes.

So the full-size version of this is pretty common I take it?

ticktestissue001.jpg

with letter from NEC

ticktestissue002.jpg

So the full-size version of this is pretty common I take it?

There is only 1 version and it is magazine size. Ashcans are not always mini-comics.