• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Terrible black and white 80's/90's books are what fuels my collecting habits these days.
I like them as well lol

It's funny, this book is black and white but some pages are red and white. (shrug)

Here's a scan of the back cover, it promotes one of the company's other books.

addbf134a29259d875d5b7df91506cdf_zpsa9598c38.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

:cloud9:

Been looking a long time for it still no luck.

I did find a 4th and felt somewhat fulfilled, but want the 5th just to say I found one.

Are the 5th prints rare? I have one and always figured it was virtually worthless. I remember back in the day, when these first came out, they were mostly included in multi-packs at Kaybees, Toys R US and Walden Books. In fact, I have a lot of 3rd and 4th printings of Batman and Superman books. Are you telling me they are worth something???

Terrible black and white 80's/90's books are what fuels my collecting habits these days.
I like them as well lol

It's funny, this book is black and white but some pages are red and white. (shrug)

Yep, I'd buy that :D

I like them as well lol

Yep, I'd buy that :D

Looks like someone had a little free time in art class to make this.

DSCF0273.jpg

I did find a 4th and felt somewhat fulfilled, but want the 5th just to say I found one.

Are the 5th prints rare? I have one and always figured it was virtually worthless. I remember back in the day, when these first came out, they were mostly included in multi-packs at Kaybees, Toys R US and Walden Books. In fact, I have a lot of 3rd and 4th printings of Batman and Superman books. Are you telling me they are worth something???

It's not worthless if two or more collectors want it....Even some of the new books that come out with multiple prints have certain runs that are collectible....A book with say 7 printings will have one that sticks out. Fifth print might be more collectible than any of the others including # 1...for example

DoberMan #1. :roflmao:

I found this in a long box at my moms house. Not sure anyone else has seen or remembers it?

Scan please

Yeah, I have to see this.

Finally got around to scanning this.

7c27bab9465f3dd1861abdb86f5be3a9_zps33eb91d2.jpg [/quo

Is that Butch Burcham on the interiors also? Its awesome, I have never seen that one. I have had a lot of Burcham books, most of them seem like pin-ups books with some stories thrown in.

Just flipped through Dober.man.

Yes.. All art is Burcham. The 1st story ends saying to be continued in StarGators #1. Not sure if that ever came out. There's some weird 6ish page 2nd story. Then there's a couple pin ups.

Also, the pages are random colors. Some black and white, some red and white and one green and white.

DSCF0273.jpg

It's not worthless if two or more collectors want it....Even some of the new books that come out with multiple prints have certain runs that are collectible....A book with say 7 printings will have one that sticks out. Fifth print might be more collectible than any of the others including # 1...for example

I just went through about 20 boxes to find these. They are all 3rd, 4th and 5th prints and appear to be in at least 9.4 to 9.8 range.

I did some searches on Ebay and raw VF copies of some of these are going for crazy big bucks, over $100 (Buy It Now of course, so who knows if they will sell for anything close to this).

It's hard to determine the actual value though because almost none have been slabbed, per the CGC census, and GPA doesn't show a record of any of them selling.

Superman4th5thprints1a.jpg

Superman4th5thprints2a.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

I just went through about 20 boxes to find these. They are all 3rd, 4th and 5th prints and appear to be in at least 9.4 to 9.8 range.

I did some searches on Ebay and raw VF copies of some of these are going for crazy big bucks, over $100 (Buy It Now of course, so who knows if they will sell for anything close to this).

It's hard to determine the actual value though because almost none have been slabbed, per the CGC census, and GPA doesn't show a record of any of them selling.

Superman4th5thprints1a.jpg

Superman4th5thprints2a.jpg

Ahh, but no Supergirl 1 (3rd print?)

Just flipped through Dober.man.

Yes.. All art is Burcham. The 1st story ends saying to be continued in StarGators #1. Not sure if that ever came out. There's some weird 6ish page 2nd story. Then there's a couple pin ups.

Also, the pages are random colors. Some black and white, some red and white and one green and white.

Stargators #1 definitely came out Geoff, I just read it.

It is very similar format to what you describe with more pin ups in the back.

The story and art are poor but the Gators themselves have some probably unintentionally funny dialogue complete with New York accents.

So bad its good lol

STARGATORS1.jpg

Back cover, assuming another title, looking to see if I have it.

STARGATORS1BC.jpg

1st page.

STARGATORS1INNER.jpg

I believe this to be one of the lowest print run (regular production) comics from Marvel in the 90's.

001_Street_Poet_Ray_th.jpg

I always thought that was an odd book for Marvel. Not really hard to find but I'm sure in grade tough to track down. Most of those have been floating through quarter boxes for years. I have put a few sets together and I don't think I have had an issue over VF. The Blackthorne issues are harder to find (imo).

I don't know the print run on these, but it can't be many. These are the hardest books I've had the displeasure of hunting down in a long time.

Supergirl (1996) #1, 3rd print

Was Supergirl #1 really such a big seller that DC had to make 3rd prints?
It didn't have to be a big seller. It only had to oversell expectations.

Besides, one of my favorite series from the '90s, and the first few issues Gary Frank & Cam Smith art was outstanding.

I believe there to be less than 5,000 printed. I'm basing it on the number crunching I did back then and my memory. My memory may be faulty, but I was stunned Marvel even published it with the dismal numbers I had calculated.

It was done as a personal favor for a friend of a senior staffer.

I know I have at least two or three of those Continuity books. Definitely Gold Valeria and Silver CyberRad

And I have 3 nice copies of the Cyberrad #1 newsstand edition and also a nice copy of the #5. :)

They are very tough to find. I had to get the Cyberrad #1 newsstand edition from Neal's son Jason. Although I've seen quite a few Gold foil Valeria listed online, I got that from Jason also. If anyone has a red foil Megalith #0 or a Gold Foil Vol. 2 Cyberrad #1 without hologram, I'd love to see a scan. They were solicited by nealadams.com at one point, but no scans have surfaced online. Jason could not confirm they existed. They may have been listed in error.

DG

Would you, or anyone else, know of the print runs for each issue in CyberRad vol 1?

Also, has anyone ever seen the TPB for sale? I can't find much on it and it's pretty much a grail by default since i've wanted a collected edition since I was a kid.

I know I have at least two or three of those Continuity books. Definitely Gold Valeria and Silver CyberRad

And I have 3 nice copies of the Cyberrad #1 newsstand edition and also a nice copy of the #5. :)

They are very tough to find. I had to get the Cyberrad #1 newsstand edition from Neal's son Jason. Although I've seen quite a few Gold foil Valeria listed online, I got that from Jason also. If anyone has a red foil Megalith #0 or a Gold Foil Vol. 2 Cyberrad #1 without hologram, I'd love to see a scan. They were solicited by nealadams.com at one point, but no scans have surfaced online. Jason could not confirm they existed. They may have been listed in error.

DG

Would you, or anyone else, know of the print runs for each issue in CyberRad vol 1?

Also, has anyone ever seen the TPB for sale? I can't find much on it and it's pretty much a grail by default since i've wanted a collected edition since I was a kid.

I was not buying comics when Cyberrad (Vol.1) came out. There was direct & newsstand distribution, so that throws in extra wildcards for even making estimates. To be honest, I have no idea how many exist. It's a safe assumption to say the newsstand version are going to be MUCH rarer and in lower grade overall.

I have 2 or 3 of the Cyberrad TPB's, but they aren't for sale. You might have better luck through a book store search engine, but the condition might end up being insufficient depending how nice you want it to be.

http://www.bookfinder4u.com/

DG