• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Well I can't match that...

But, as I mistakenly asked in the 80's thread earlier:

Anyone know what kind of print run Paul Pope's self published THB had?

Finding one in 9.4 and up seems a real chore, though we aren't concerned with that here...

Even the VF+'s go for $25-40 regular on eBay, which seems pretty healthy...

Haven't ever seen any discussion of it on here...

I know this post is old, but I finally found my scan of THB #1. Most of my scans are cropped so they can be placed into online cover galleries.

001_THB.jpg

If I recall, this is a very thick comic which would be hard to keep in nice shape.

I may have more than one, but my comics are in such disarray it would take months to find it if so.

I've also unearthed some scans of other Horse Press item.

Promo... (I think there's a pink one also that I don't own)

nn_promo_THB_zps34c8fd4e.png

Oversized

001_P_City_Parade_zps7491fe3a.png

Treasury-sized items... (stitched scans)

001_Buzz_Buzz_Comics_Magazine_zps6f191d57.png

nn_Giant_THB_Parade_zps4319eef6.png

I like Paul Pope's art, but I lost interest after he went to DC with a project.

DG

I'm bumping this to add a little to it. The pink promo you are refering to is also known as the pink ashcan or THB #69. Amazon has a pic of it

http://www.amazon.com/THB-69-Comic-Book-TNB/dp/B004NJZ8LU

At least 5 of them have sold on ebay since November. On ebay right now at least one or two copies of the other books you pictured are available. THB books are not super easy to find and you will probably not find many of them in dollar boxes but none of them that I am aware of qualify as being rare or even scarce.

I got my black and white promo and 1-4 from half price books for $ 0.75 each

The white ashcans were heavily distributed in my area. Very little in this thread is rare or scarce. I prefer to say "less common".

DG

What would your parameters be? A solid number like less than 500, 100, 50? Or something less academic.Along the lines of, "I've seen it. So that's not rare."

I will say I've been able to find some lower print run books easier than some moderately higher print run books at times. But that doesn't make them less scarce.

One of those rare instances where CGC thought the grade was a lot better than I had predicted (I thought it was an 8.5). :whee:

Hulk377CGC923rdprinting_zpsa838a5fb.jpg

:roflmao: I sold Green 57 copies of that one.

Of the 3rd printing?

I'm bumping this to add a little to it. The pink promo you are refering to is also known as the pink ashcan or THB #69. Amazon has a pic of it

At least 5 of them have sold on ebay since November. On ebay right now at least one or two copies of the other books you pictured are available. THB books are not super easy to find and you will probably not find many of them in dollar boxes but none of them that I am aware of qualify as being rare or even scarce.

Well, there will always be exceptions. (shrug) Great find BTW.

One of those rare instances where CGC thought the grade was a lot better than I had predicted (I thought it was an 8.5). :whee:

Of the 3rd printing?

Doubtful Fingh is doubtful.

Of the 3rd printing?

Doubtful Fingh is doubtful.

9.8 sale in January for $600 so I hope you made him pay.

Well I can't match that...

But, as I mistakenly asked in the 80's thread earlier:

Anyone know what kind of print run Paul Pope's self published THB had?

Finding one in 9.4 and up seems a real chore, though we aren't concerned with that here...

Even the VF+'s go for $25-40 regular on eBay, which seems pretty healthy...

Haven't ever seen any discussion of it on here...

I know this post is old, but I finally found my scan of THB #1. Most of my scans are cropped so they can be placed into online cover galleries.

001_THB.jpg

If I recall, this is a very thick comic which would be hard to keep in nice shape.

I may have more than one, but my comics are in such disarray it would take months to find it if so.

I've also unearthed some scans of other Horse Press item.

Promo... (I think there's a pink one also that I don't own)

nn_promo_THB_zps34c8fd4e.png

Oversized

001_P_City_Parade_zps7491fe3a.png

Treasury-sized items... (stitched scans)

001_Buzz_Buzz_Comics_Magazine_zps6f191d57.png

nn_Giant_THB_Parade_zps4319eef6.png

I like Paul Pope's art, but I lost interest after he went to DC with a project.

DG

Those THB books can be tough to track down. Here's a full checklist: http://tplist.millarworld.net/thb.html