• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEC 35 on ComicLink ?what's a fair price?

56 posts in this topic

As primetime has put it. Everytime one prerobin tec goes way out of range the next issue that follows becomes the one to get. Doesn't mean that 35 is the most demanded tec but in the last 5 years it has come to be a hot item amongst collectors because of the cover and splash. And it is a matter of time before 36 and 37 reach that status as well. They are the last 2 Bat covers that can still be bought for reasonable prices.

As primetime has put it. Everytime one prerobin tec goes way out of range the next issue that follows becomes the one to get. Doesn't mean that 35 is the most demanded tec but in the last 5 years it has come to be a hot item amongst collectors because of the cover and splash. And it is a matter of time before 36 and 37 reach that status as well. They are the last 2 Bat covers that can still be bought for reasonable prices.

I think the fact that Tec #36 features the 1st appearence of Hugo Strange is a huge plus, that in theory could (however unlikely) push it past #35.

I think the fact that Tec #36 features the 1st appearence of Hugo Strange is a huge plus, that in theory could (however unlikely) push it past #35.

won't happen. The cover and splash on 35 is too "cool" for 36 to ever push past it IMO.

won't happen. The cover and splash on 35 is too "cool" for 36 to ever push past it IMO.

+1

36 might be arguably more important. But the splash in 35 is hands down the best GA Batman splash and can virtually put up a top notch fight with all other splashes. The cover is the same scenario voted by most as being in the top 2 of top 3 of all GA Batman covers. And many many collectors swear by it as being the best (even collectors that own them all!)

(31 is still my fav however)

Agreed , 36 is a key because of Hugo sTrange but 35 is a classic. The large. Bat covers of 35 as well as 31 will always attract buyers faster than the 36. But a 36 is great too. And its harder to obtain than even the 31. Just need a lot of cash to get a 31

+1

36 might be arguably more important. But the splash in 35 is hands down the best GA Batman splash and can virtually put up a top notch fight with all other splashes. The cover is the same scenario voted by most as being in the top 2 of top 3 of all GA Batman covers. And many many collectors swear by it as being the best (even collectors that own them all!)

While I agree with you on the 35 splash, I'll never understand the attraction of the 35 cover. :baiting:

Its the ears I tell you!

It's the ears, and the whole bizzare window thing...is he on the fire escape? Why torture someone with the window open? Why is the window background yellow, giving the impression that Batman has come to life in a painting. What the heck is going on here?

It can't beat 27, 29 or 31, but other than those, it is the best Batman golden age cover in my opinion.

It is funny when we talk of the whole golden age spread of Batman covers...there are really only 7 in the running anyway, because any cover with Robin is :sick:!

Agreed , 36 is a key because of Hugo sTrange but 35 is a classic. The large. Bat covers of 35 as well as 31 will always attract buyers faster than the 36. But a 36 is great too. And its harder to obtain than even the 31. Just need a lot of cash to get a 31

I can't find a 36 anywhere to buy... :cry:

That's a board member's book. It was for sale here a few months ago.

As for fair price, $12,750 obo seems pretty fair. As the last Tec 35 at CGC 3.0 blue tier sold for $11,800 or so on a past Comic Link auction.

Not sure I follow the reasoning here.

3.0 = $11,800

2.5 = $12,750

Then is a 2.0 = $13,700?

+1

While I agree with you on the 35 splash, I'll never understand the attraction of the 35 cover. :baiting:

I'm may be in the minority in that I typically value content over "coolness".

That is not to imply that appreciating the great cover and splash is "wrong"; as there is no wrong when it comes to buying what you enjoy.

But to me, the content has to be the most important thing.

I'd take a Tec #28 over a Tec #35 even if 28 was as common as 35.

To me, the 2nd appearence of Batman would have more appeal; and that wouldn't even be an issue of a Batman vs. Batman cover.

I think people love the Tec #35 cover because of the tough, dark, edge it has. It brings to life a bit of that dark gritty essence that Batman fans adore about the character and really strikes me as a 1939 version of the Arkham Asylum video game. The color scheme is brilliant and the combination makes for a ton of appeal.

I prefer the covers of 29, 31, and 33; but I could understand why people would appreciate the cover of 35 so much.

I really like the cover on #36.

I guess I must take another look at my copy of issue #36.

I have both #36 and #37 and have never really thought that much about their covers. Of course, I am probably psychologically comparing them to the other pre-Robin Tec covers which isn't really fair.

That's a board member's book. It was for sale here a few months ago.

As for fair price, $12,750 obo seems pretty fair. As the last Tec 35 at CGC 3.0 blue tier sold for $11,800 or so on a past Comic Link auction.

Not sure I follow the reasoning here.

3.0 = $11,800

2.5 = $12,750

Then is a 2.0 = $13,700?

Prices keep going up!

3.5 sold for $11,813 last Dec. on CC.

3.0 sold for $11,800 early this year in the Clink auction

So I'd say an asking of $12,750 or best offer is a fair asking price for a 2.5 now.

I really like the cover on #36.

I guess I must take another look at my copy of issue #36.

I have both #36 and #37 and have never really thought that much about their covers. Of course, I am probably psychologically comparing them to the other pre-Robin Tec covers which isn't really fair.

Here's a Heritage scan...

102805.jpg.63ded83ded876a9739ce8dca580a2563.jpg

That book too was my former copy. Bought it off ebay about 4-5 years ago. It's a great copy with great colors and presents much better than the grade assigned. The spine along the tape brought it down to a 2.5.. but what's funny is that I've seen a couple of books graded as a 4.0 and had its complete spine taped together
I remember... I was wishy washy on the guys' 4500 asking price at the time...I think I must have eventually bought it from brian (shrug)

Yep you did buy it from me :baiting: