• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEC 35 on ComicLink ?what's a fair price?

56 posts in this topic

That's a board member's book. It was for sale here a few months ago.

As for fair price, $12,750 obo seems pretty fair. As the last Tec 35 at CGC 3.0 blue tier sold for $11,800 or so on a past Comic Link auction.

that is indeed my old copy...

if it is a boardies, and they will sell it direct for 11Kish, that is not a "bad" price for that copy...the book is much nicer than the 2.5 number (thumbs u

That book too was my former copy. Bought it off ebay about 4-5 years ago. It's a great copy with great colors and presents much better than the grade assigned. The spine along the tape brought it down to a 2.5.. but what's funny is that I've seen a couple of books graded as a 4.0 and had its complete spine taped together

That book too was my former copy. Bought it off ebay about 4-5 years ago. It's a great copy with great colors and presents much better than the grade assigned. The spine along the tape brought it down to a 2.5.. but what's funny is that I've seen a couple of books graded as a 4.0 and had its complete spine taped together
I remember... I was wishy washy on the guys' 4500 asking price at the time...I think I must have eventually bought it from brian (shrug)

I remember... I was wishy washy on the guys' 4500 asking price at the time...I think I must have eventually bought it from brian (shrug)

And you wonder why we call you poopie pants? :baiting:

Honestly I don't think its even a 10k book. 9k would be my max offer. But that's me.

Guide is $2708, double guide is $5416. Are these books really getting almost 4 times Overstreet?

I want a blue chip book, but if I pay $9K, the upside looks pretty weak. Then again, from the comments here, this book was worth $4500 5 years ago. It may be that you just can't go wrong with this book...

Things to ponder... hm

At the same time a tec 37 cgc 1.0 blue was listed for $2500. How do we put its value on this? A recent copy I had (from Roy) in the same grade I believe sold for slightly over 2k. The 1.8 copy I had over a year ago sold for $2800. Then yet another copy I had at 1.0 sold for $1400 months ago. The recent one I got I possibly (keeping it as possible for them moment since its still raw) paid Under Market value.

How long has Tec #35 been as red hot as it seems to have been over the past year or two?

Obviously the demand for Pre-Robin Tecs with Batman on the cover is always going to be very high, but it seems as though Tec #35 in particular has become THE hot book as of late.

I imagine Tec #31 and Tec #29 would still sell for more, it just seems like #35 is the "cool" issue that everyone wants to get their hands on.

I'm not sure how long it takes to establish a "trend", but I wonder if the demand (at least to this extent) for this book is something that is going to be ever-climbing or something that will cool down when the next book becomes the "chosen one" by the comic collecting community. hm

with 27, 29, 31, and 33 being out of price range for most collectors, 35 has received a lot of attention the past 5 years. It has the best Bat-man splash page of all the Pre-Robins IMO and the cover is not bad either. Now, demand and FMV is pushing 35s out of reach of more and more collectors...soon, the 36 and 37 will likely follow, however, I don't think the prices will escalate as much.