• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aquaman

82 posts in this topic

You all know how I feel about Aquaman.

Which heroes then do you most like? Hopefully it's not one or more of those perennially scowling ones with the grit between his teeth.

In general though it seems that the comic fans who appreciate Aquaman are those who like the days when comics didn't take themselves seriously, the days when they really could be called funny books.

rantrant

I've read one Aquaman comic in my life...' The creature who devoured Detroit' Simply because I'm from Detroit and I thought It'd be interesting..

We'll, after reading about 8 God aweful pages of pure drek.... Aquaman finnaly met his foe... and old man wielding a plant vase... guess what.. The old man smashed the vase over Aquamans head and knocked him out... COLD...

I could read no more...

C'mon now! That was a great book!

:cloud9:

Aquaman56.jpg

I found that I had scanned this one in. This was my first superhero comic I bought at the drugstore as a kid that I kept. (Bought in Adrian, MI) I loved this book and read it numerous times. (Sorry, this is the upgrade not the original. That ones a little beat up from an 11 year old me. lol )

dcsuper7.jpg[/img]

You all know how I feel about Aquaman.

Which heroes then do you most like? Hopefully it's not one or more of those perennially scowling ones with the grit between his teeth.

In general though it seems that the comic fans who appreciate Aquaman are those who like the days when comics didn't take themselves seriously, the days when they really could be called funny books.

rantrant

Sailor Moon, bro.

I found that I had scanned this one in. This was my first superhero comic I bought at the drugstore as a kid that I kept. (Bought in Adrian, MI) I loved this book and read it numerous times. (Sorry, this is the upgrade not the original. That ones a little beat up from an 11 year old me. lol )

dcsuper7.jpg

Love the cover! The DC bronze age anthology titles are underappreciated.

:(

dcsuper7.jpg

Love the cover! The DC bronze age anthology titles are underappreciated.

:(

Pretty cool cover!