• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio-Con - November 6-7, 2010 - Columbus, OH

103 posts in this topic

I was thinking of making the 6 hour drive with the family to the Mid-Ohio-Con in Columbus next month. I checked out the web site but am unsure about this con.

What can you guys tell me about this convention from past experience?

Good selection of vintage GA/SA/BA books from national dealers?

Do I need two days to enjoy the show, or can I see everything comic related in one day?

Which major dealers or boardies will be setting up at this show? I can't find an exhibitor list on their site.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks! (thumbs u

I was thinking of making the 6 hour drive with the family to the Mid-Ohio-Con in Columbus next month. I checked out the web site but am unsure about this con.

Do I need two days to enjoy the show, or can I see everything comic related in one day?

Which major dealers or boardies will be setting up at this show? I can't find an exhibitor list on their site.

I attended a couple years ago, my one and only time attending. IMO, it was a good show but not much better than a small local show. I was looking for high grade slabs and only two dealers were there with that kind of inventory, Worldwide and Dale Roberts. I am concerned about the promoters not telling us who the exhibitors will be this year. I have a feeling there is not a lot of participation.

Easy, mindless drive from Chicago. Nice small town but they did give me a parking ticket so be careful. One full day is plenty.

I attended a couple years ago, my one and only time attending. IMO, it was a good show but not much better than a small local show. I was looking for high grade slabs and only two dealers were there with that kind of inventory, Worldwide and Dale Roberts. I am concerned about the promoters not telling us who the exhibitors will be this year. I have a feeling there is not a lot of participation.

Easy, mindless drive from Chicago. Nice small town but they did give me a parking ticket so be careful. One full day is plenty.

This is a good point. Certainly not the best for slabs. But it has always been a great buying show for me for bronze to modern books.

The first round of exhibitors have finally been posted to the Mid-Ohio-Con web site! Great selection of dealers, retailers and other exhibitors for the 30th anniversary show! Check it out online at http:/www.midohiocon.com

It looks the East Coast Dealers are not attending. Is there another con at the same time ? Well, Tomorrow's Treasures is there, but I no longer consider Ritchie a legitimate dealer. Graham Crackers is there but they're my local comic shop.

Besides Dale Roberts, I don't recognize any of these names.

Anybody familiar with the other dealers ?

The first round of exhibitors have finally been posted to the Mid-Ohio-Con web site! Great selection of dealers, retailers and other exhibitors for the 30th anniversary show! Check it out online at http:/www.midohiocon.com

It looks the East Coast Dealers are not attending. Is there another con at the same time ? Well, Tomorrow's Treasures is there, but I no longer consider Ritchie a legitimate dealer. Graham Crackers is there but they're my local comic shop.

Besides Dale Roberts, I don't recognize any of these names.

Anybody familiar with the other dealers ?

Captain Jacks Comics

Charles Bond Comics

Heroes Aren't Hard To Find