• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it worth selling on this site?

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been on here for a few weeks now and I heard that there are no fee's here. I have been selling on e-bay for almost 5 years and have done well but with all changes etc I am getting tired of paying a thousand+ a month to sell there. Are the prices comparable to e-bay prices??? Example. I have DD #1 CGC 3.0, JLA #1 CGC 3.5, GL #1 CGC 3.5, ASM 6 & 8 CGC 4.0 and JIM 85 CGC 6.5 what kind of prices could they go for? Thanks again for everyones help here I do appreciate it.

harvdoss

Yes it's worth it. Some books will go for more, some will go for less, and some books won't sell at all.

Completey depends on the book and the price, just like anywhere else. If I have a book I'm looking to sell I'll think about what price I would be comfortable with on eBay, calc the eBay and PayPal fees, split the fees and offer the book up on the boards for that price. That way both sides benefit price wise if it sells.

PM me what you're looking for on the JIM85. I'm looking for a copy in that range...

Is it worth it? Of course....you can't beat free. Will you get the same prices you would in other venues? 95% of the time, no. So, you have to decide what you want. Listing here first is a good way to develop your descriptions, if nothing else. ;)

Is it worth it? Of course....you can't beat free. Will you get the same prices you would in other venues? 95% of the time, no. So, you have to decide what you want. Listing here first is a good way to develop your descriptions, if nothing else. ;)

On something like slabs of early marvel keys like those I suspect here is as good as anywhere give or take the 5-15% in fees you would need to pay elsewhere.

Hello,

I have been on here for a few weeks now and I heard that there are no fee's here. I have been selling on e-bay for almost 5 years and have done well but with all changes etc I am getting tired of paying a thousand+ a month to sell there. Are the prices comparable to e-bay prices??? Example. I have DD #1 CGC 3.0, JLA #1 CGC 3.5, GL #1 CGC 3.5, ASM 6 & 8 CGC 4.0 and JIM 85 CGC 6.5 what kind of prices could they go for? Thanks again for everyones help here I do appreciate it.

harvdoss

No disrespect here but if you've been selling on eBay for almost 5 years and have been on these boards a few weeks...why wouldn't you know what those book prices would go for?

To me...it seems you just wanted to throw out you have some books for sale without listing in the sales forum. You even have one person interested in the JIM already...

If you want to see what they could go for...list them in the sale forum for the prices you want for them...then you can always adjust accordingly if they don't sell at your price.

Those are some nice books you have listed and I would think someone who owns them certainly knows what they are worth and go for (especially if you are a big seller on eBay).

My 2c

Hello,

harvdoss

Of coarse it's worth it, Canukelhead... but, unlike the no reserve auctions you run, everything will surely not sell here. So, If I were you... I'd kill myself....

...okay no... actually if I were you, I'd list here first, then whatever doesn't sell, put up on the bay or list elsewhere... that's what many do.

And the main books you've mentioned are great, yet as someone mentioned already, those books sell all the time, so the prices you'd get for them on a 'buy it now' format are readily available... either using GPA or just searching CL/Ebay/Heritage databases. Auction settings are totally different as you never know, although those titles would hit their mark rather consistintly I'd think. (not that you don't know ALL this already, Canukelhead. Just list your damn books)

BTW - There are no fees here - if you get the buyer to use money order/check option. The usual PayPal fees will apply unless you use personal option. Which not everyone is comfortable with using, especially since you haven't had any completed transactions on the boards yet.. as buyer or seller... so get on with it..

Hello,

harvdoss

Of coarse it's worth it, Canukelhead... but, unlike the no reserve auctions you run, everything will surely not sell here. So, If I were you... I'd kill myself....

...okay no... actually if I were you, I'd list here first, then whatever doesn't sell, put up on the bay or list elsewhere... that's what many do.

And the main books you've mentioned are great, yet as someone mentioned already, those books sell all the time, so the prices you'd get for them on a 'buy it now' format are readily available... either using GPA or just searching CL/Ebay/Heritage databases. Auction settings are totally different as you never know, although those titles would hit their mark rather consistintly I'd think. (not that you don't know ALL this already, Canukelhead. Just list your damn books)

BTW - There are no fees here - if you get the buyer to use money order/check option. The usual PayPal fees will apply unless you use personal option. Which not everyone is comfortable with using, especially since you haven't had any completed transactions on the boards yet.. as buyer or seller... so get on with it..

Agreed. What have you got to lose? Free to list here. What doesn't sell here for the price you set can be listed elsewhere using the same images and most of the same auction text. Set a price similar what you expect to realize from ebay and save yourself the fees.

I was not trying to sell on this link I know which one to sell on. I am new to the CGC arena which is a different bracket for pricing in which I do not want to cut myself short nor do I want to put a out of the ball park price. The 1st suggestion was to get the subscription for GPA in which I did today... I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to sell on this link...

I was not trying to sell on this link I know which one to sell on. I am new to the CGC arena which is a different bracket for pricing in which I do not want to cut myself short nor do I want to put a out of the ball park price. The 1st suggestion was to get the subscription for GPA in which I did today... I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to sell on this link...

That's cool...no problem. GPA is a great resource that I use often. You also don't have to just sell slabbed books here. Plenty of comic sales here are raw also.

List those cool books for us to see...I look forward to checking them out.

WTTB!