• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1000 is handed to you to invest long-term in CGC Bronze Age what do you do?
3 3

248 posts in this topic

or, and i wonder if there's any dealer left who might do this still, get a primo book raw graded at the 9.2 OPG price by a dealer who doesn't feel like they can charge more than overstreet and the book is, in fact, a 9.4 - 9.8. for example, my main shops will never charge more than the OPG 9.2 price for a book, even if it is beyond perfect. true, if it's a book like hulk 181 they'll send it in to get slabbed, but if it's a book that's $150 in OPG 9.2 (but might sell for many multiples of that in 9.4-9.8) they would not. so that pretty sums up most of those neal adams batmans out there. true, they rarely get vintage stuff that's above 9.2, but I figure given they do get 9.0-9.2 stuff with regularity, some 9.4-9.8 must come in on occasion.

are you talking about an LCS in NYC? If so, turn me on to them please!

I still believe that Incredible Hulk #181 and Giant Size X-Men #1 are the Action #1 and Tec 27 of the bronze age.Even though they are lower priced now, because of the economy or whatever.The prices will not always be this low. hm

I don't know that it's really the economy that has caused the drop in prices as much as the availability that you can now find GS X-Men 1 and Hulk 181. The internet made it a lot easier to find nice copies and now that census is flush with copies. Yeah they are in demand but but the supply seems to have been catching up over the past few years and it seems people don't have to look far for nice copies. Putting over inflated prices on books that are for sale on multiple venues causes them to sit. I'm not saying neither book is great because they are but I think people have come to realize they are very plentiful in decent grades.

I would go after books in the LCE35 indicies. Nothing but keys baby. Everything else is pure speculation at best in this market.

Is that site old and outdated, or still running strong? Maybe I have to join it to find the current info/articles? Is that your site?

I joined.

ASM 136 but no ASM 135?

No Cerebus #1?

Those books are based on the fans of the website. We spent many days whittling the grouping down to a handful and unfortunately not everything could make it. Cerebus 1 probably didn't make it because the lack of consistent sells data.

Nova #1 is the clear winner here with an 8x-10x increase.

a 9.8 was a $100 book 5 years ago. It's now approaching $1000. (90 day gpa is $875 with several books in the mid $900s)

I don't think anyone would have guessed that one...

Edited by sl4ppy

True, but I think we'll see Nova 1 crash over the next 18 months.

Between last week's revelation that he won't be featured in GOTG 2 and the huge uptick in census copies, it may have peaked for now.

The fall may already have started, as the last 9.8 sale was for $700 vs. the prior avg. of $900-$950.

More importantly, it's a perception thing. Not that there's anything wrong with the book per say, but by next August, investors will have moved on to greener movie speculation pastures.

Detective 474 and Flash 117 are already poised to be this year's Marvel Presents 4 & 7.

WWBN32 is going to pick up in a big way someday. They keep missing the mark on MK, but something will catch again like it did in the 80s. It's just a matter of time. I'm sad mine is gone, but I still have faith!

True, but I think we'll see Nova 1 crash over the next 18 months.

Between last week's revelation that he won't be featured in GOTG 2 and the huge uptick in census copies, it may have peaked for now.

The fall may already have started, as the last 9.8 sale was for $700 vs. the prior avg. of $900-$950.

More importantly, it's a perception thing. Not that there's anything wrong with the book per say, but by next August, investors will have moved on to greener movie speculation pastures.

Detective 474 and Flash 117 are already poised to be this year's Marvel Presents 4 & 7.

On the Nova 1s because he is not in GOTG does not preclude him showing up in some other arena. Just because 1 director says not in his movie, Why would they not use him in another vehicle the cosmic 3rd phase has just begun.

WWBN32 is going to pick up in a big way someday. They keep missing the mark on MK, but something will catch again like it did in the 80s. It's just a matter of time. I'm sad mine is gone, but I still have faith!

And here I am hoping/thinking the book can't get any higher doh!

Also for what its worth, I'd agree about Nova still being a figure that can show up. Top 3 characters to show up in GOTG2/Cap Marvel/Inhumans would be Warlock, Mar-Vell, and Nova.

I'd bet money we only see 2 of those 3 characters though.