• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Heres the official numbers for AMC series openers:

Walking Dead: 8,100,000

Mad Men - 900,000

Breaking Bad - 1,343,000

Rubicon - 1,700,000

http://ifanboy.com/content/articles/THE_WALKING_DEAD_Breaks_AMC_Ratings_Records

Man thats wonderful news :applause:. Hopefully those numbers can be maintained but I just don't think this type of show is for everyone.

Yeah, it's like a show about a science teacher that gets cancer and decides to deal meth, or a bunch of womanizing a-holes who smoke and drink all day while deciding the best way to sell soap. lol

:ohnoez: IT'LL NEVER CATCH ON!!! :ohnoez:

The rating numbers right now are less than 3% of the domestic population. So the other 97% have Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Perform Oral Surgery that they can watch instead. :roflmao:

Even if the numbers fall by 50% and level out it will be an enormous ratings monster for a cable dramatic program.

To compare. The Soprano's Series Finale drew 11.9 million viewers. That's a show that had been on the air for 8 years, had 111 Emmy nominations and 21 Emmy wins. Walking Dead's 8 million is a huge start for a show that only a small portion of the country really knew how good it was going into the first episode.

+1 Great points! (thumbs u

Edited by maloney414

Heres the official numbers for AMC series openers:

Walking Dead: 8,100,000

Mad Men - 900,000

Breaking Bad - 1,343,000

Rubicon - 1,700,000

http://ifanboy.com/content/articles/THE_WALKING_DEAD_Breaks_AMC_Ratings_Records

Man thats wonderful news :applause:. Hopefully those numbers can be maintained but I just don't think this type of show is for everyone.

Yeah, it's like a show about a science teacher that gets cancer and decides to deal meth, or a bunch of womanizing a-holes who smoke and drink all day while deciding the best way to sell soap. lol

:ohnoez: IT'LL NEVER CATCH ON!!! :ohnoez:

The rating numbers right now are less than 3% of the domestic population. So the other 97% have Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Perform Oral Surgery that they can watch instead.

Even if the numbers fall by 50% and level out it will be an enormous ratings monster for a cable dramatic program.

To compare. The Soprano's Series Finale drew 11.9 million viewers. That's a show that had been on the air for 8 years, had 111 Emmy nominations and 21 Emmy wins. Walking Dead's 8 million is a huge start for a show that only a small portion of the country really knew how good it was going into the first episode.

horror shows are always harder to catch on. cheating men and drug dealing shows don't scare people like horror shows do. i would have never watch this had it not been a comic book first. i hate horror. and most of us know it's about to get gorier. luckily, it's so well acted and written that it should be able to maintain good numbers, but never assume that a horror show will be as popular as a non horror show. it's typically been that way.

Edited by Hawkman

My family was wondering why they just didn't have them stay at the police station ... nice warm showers which they seemed to like ... lol ... much more secure location as well .. If anything get some food & what not supplies & bullets & guns in a jail cell ... have the keys in it ... zombies manage to break in you lock your self in & then just shoot them all till they are dead ...

Makes sense eh ?.. Also I rolled my eyes about rick telling the kid to be sure you want to kill or what ever he said lecturing them about the guns ... What is to be sure about ?! They are zombies & already dead :S

my guess is even if Rick said, "hey why don't you guys pack up your stuff and I'll take you to the police station where it safer", Morgan wouldn't have wanted to leave the house cause that's where his wife is still roaming around.

same reason he didn't go with Rick to Atlanta, he said he wasn't ready to leave her yet.

I finally got to watch the rest tonight and I really liked it. I thought it was ok that they strayed away from the comic for parts. I just hope they don't stray too far away.

Can't wait for the next episode.

So whats the tv show going to do when carl starts to grow ?.. The more I think about it the more I think the tv series will change vastly from the comic book... Heck what happens when the tv show catches up to the comic book plot ?!!? They are not just going to sit there for a year waiting for kirkman to pimp out new books

Edited by synch

So whats the tv show going to do when carl starts to grow ?.. The more I think about it the more I think the tv series will change vastly from the comic book... Heck what happens when the tv show catches up to the comic book plot ?!!? They are not just going to sit there for a year waiting for kirkman to pimp out new books

You have a good point hm

You have a good point hm

That would probably take us into a 6th season, perhaps further out. By then the series would have another 6 years worth of issues...72 more issues to mine for material.

I don't think there will be a shortage of material.

If it makes it anywhere near a 5th - 6th season everyone fan and pro alike should be thrilled with it's success. It would be a minor miracle for that to happen given the state of television dramatic series today.

5 seasons with an ending like 6 Feet Under would be awesome!! I can't think of a series I really enjoyed past season 5. Even Dexter is.......a little mellow right now.