• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Agreed

You of all people should know I haven't bloody seen it yet :taptaptap:

But which will be easier to catch up on after you do see it this weekend? Reading this thread with or without spoiler tags? The whole thread and vast majority of posts will be spoilers. Plus is there really anything that spoils if you read the comic?

If you'd like me to use the tags Gav just say the word :)

Just yanking your chain Jeff for not thinking of us Limeys. I skipped all the posts that seemed to be talking about what happened, it was just your lack of love for us Brits that cut sooooooooo deep. :grin:

You do call Soccer by the wrong name :makepoint:

Agreed

But which will be easier to catch up on after you do see it this weekend? Reading this thread with or without spoiler tags? The whole thread and vast majority of posts will be spoilers. Plus is there really anything that spoils if you read the comic?

Just yanking your chain Jeff for not thinking of us Limeys. I skipped all the posts that seemed to be talking about what happened, it was just your lack of love for us Brits that cut sooooooooo deep. :grin:

Eve since I leanred of Page 3 and Samantha Fox I have had nothing but love for the Brits :cloud9: All the spoilers I read did not prepare me in anyway for the show. As I see so often on these boards...this thread does not spoil without pics ;)

My family was wondering why they just didn't have them stay at the police station ... nice warm showers which they seemed to like ... lol ... much more secure location as well .. If anything get some food & what not supplies & bullets & guns in a jail cell ... have the keys in it ... zombies manage to break in you lock your self in & then just shoot them all till they are dead ...

Makes sense eh ?.. Also I rolled my eyes about rick telling the kid to be sure you want to kill or what ever he said lecturing them about the guns ... What is to be sure about ?! They are zombies & already dead :S

Agreed

Doug, you're a turd :grin:

Agreed

Doug, you're a turd :grin:

No, that is Randy. Right Doug. rantrant

don't know if this has been mentioned as i don't want to read any spoilers in the thread but the ratings were huge. biggest viewing audience of any show on cable in the 18-49 year old demographic. bigger than jersey shore.

:headbang: that is great news!!

If you have "on demand" look up The Walking Dead..a bunch of cool extra stuff.

Just watched the WD panel from SDCC...very cool stuff.

So do we see a #1 9.8 comic go for 1k?

Heres the official numbers for AMC series openers:

Walking Dead: 8,100,000

Mad Men - 900,000

Breaking Bad - 1,343,000

Rubicon - 1,700,000

http://ifanboy.com/content/articles/THE_WALKING_DEAD_Breaks_AMC_Ratings_Records

Man thats wonderful news :applause:. Hopefully those numbers can be maintained but I just don't think this type of show is for everyone.

They really need thees out at a grocery stores like safeways or something by the tills ... Just like tv magazines lol! People would be more tempted to grab one & check out

"I would like a gallon of milk, flour and that book where people get their heads cut off..I think its called The Walking Dead"

I like the sound of that :golfclap:

Mad Men - 900,000

Breaking Bad - 1,343,000

Rubicon - 1,700,000

Man thats wonderful news :applause:. Hopefully those numbers can be maintained but I just don't think this type of show is for everyone.

Yeah, it's like a show about a science teacher that gets cancer and decides to deal meth, or a bunch of womanizing a-holes who smoke and drink all day while deciding the best way to sell soap. lol

:ohnoez: IT'LL NEVER CATCH ON!!! :ohnoez:

The rating numbers right now are less than 3% of the domestic population. So the other 97% have Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Perform Oral Surgery that they can watch instead.

Even if the numbers fall by 50% and level out it will be an enormous ratings monster for a cable dramatic program.

To compare. The Soprano's Series Finale drew 11.9 million viewers. That's a show that had been on the air for 8 years, had 111 Emmy nominations and 21 Emmy wins. Walking Dead's 8 million is a huge start for a show that only a small portion of the country really knew how good it was going into the first episode.

Mad Men - 900,000

Breaking Bad - 1,343,000

Rubicon - 1,700,000

I consider this a great win for the comics industry, I bet some Hollywood executives will take notice and give one or two other comics a shot at weekly series.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur