• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Good stuff :cloud9: two thumbs up (thumbs u (thumbs u . Enjoyed some of the new stuff including the fathers struggle to take down his wife. I thought he would do it.

Actually that's the part that DIDN'T work for me. I love the series, I loved the first episode, but that entire scene pulled me right out of the narrative.

First, makes a HUGE deal about how stupid it was to fire a single round from a small caliber revolver earlier in the episode and how it brought dozens of walkers near the house.

NOW, he's firing a .308 hunting rifle that's a mess-ton louder than that little .38 he fired in the street and he fired it several times. Unless he was trying to commit suicide and kill his kid, that part made no sense given his earlier speech about them being attracted to sound and gathering a bunch of them in one area would be a problem to deal with.

He did it to draw her in.

Good stuff :cloud9: two thumbs up (thumbs u (thumbs u . Enjoyed some of the new stuff including the fathers struggle to take down his wife. I thought he would do it.

Actually that's the part that DIDN'T work for me. I love the series, I loved the first episode, but that entire scene pulled me right out of the narrative.

First, makes a HUGE deal about how stupid it was to fire a single round from a small caliber revolver earlier in the episode and how it brought dozens of walkers near the house.

NOW, he's firing a .308 hunting rifle that's a mess-ton louder than that little .38 he fired in the street and he fired it several times. Unless he was trying to commit suicide and kill his kid, that part made no sense given his earlier speech about them being attracted to sound and gathering a bunch of them in one area would be a problem to deal with.

+1

That was why he was boarding up the door beforehand. He wasn't trying to commit suicide or endanger his son.

Remember, at this stage in the story they don't know about large horde. That wasn't in the comics until Abraham.

There shouldn't be any rules once the show has aired.

It was for our UK brothers who won't see it until this weekend for the first time.

+1

That was why he was boarding up the door beforehand. He wasn't trying to commit suicide or endanger his son.

Remember, at this stage in the story they don't know about large horde. That wasn't in the comics until Abraham.

The scene before the scene I am talking about he lectured Rick about being careful not to get involved with a large horde and what will cause them to gather. That was his warning to Rick. In that scene he is also scared of what will happen if Rick kills the man at the police station, will that sound draw in more dead.

The action is incongruous to all his advice and warnings to Rick. That's all I am saying. Regardless of him trying to draw her out.

+1

The scene before the scene I am talking about he lectured Rick about being careful not to get involved with a large horde and what will cause them to gather. That was his warning to Rick. In that scene he is also scared of what will happen if Rick kills the man at the police station, will that sound draw in more dead.

The action is incongruous to all his advice and warnings to Rick. That's all I am saying. Regardless of him trying to draw her out.

I agree, that's a good point and seemed strange that the dead didn't then swarm the house trying to get in.

That's what I was thinking when I saw him start to shoot others. At first, I figured maybe he was going to just wait and pick her off if she passed by. Firing to get her to come was ridiculous.

That's what I was thinking when I saw him start to shoot others. At first, I figured maybe he was going to just wait and pick her off if she passed by. Firing to get her to come was ridiculous.

He wasn't in the best frame of mind either.

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. I have never read any of TWD comics or TPBs, so I don't have anything to compare it to with the exception of the other thousands of Zombie movies that have been made over the past 50 years.

I thought it was weird that Rick's ex partner and wife didnt recognize his voice on the radio (cant remember if she heard his voice or not). Was he having an affair with her before the shooting?

Kinda makes me want to read the comics now

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. I have never read any of TWD comics or TPBs, so I don't have anything to compare it to with the exception of the other thousands of Zombie movies that have been made over the past 50 years.

I thought it was weird that Rick's ex partner and wife didnt recognize his voice on the radio (cant remember if she heard his voice or not). Was he having an affair with her before the shooting?

Kinda makes me want to read the comics now

I think it implied that they were too far away from the radio to hear it clearly. (Shane and Lori that is) Because then Dale calls Shane over to try to figure out how to work it.

Agreed

You of all people should know I haven't bloody seen it yet :taptaptap:

But which will be easier to catch up on after you do see it this weekend? Reading this thread with or without spoiler tags? The whole thread and vast majority of posts will be spoilers. Plus is there really anything that spoils if you read the comic?

If you'd like me to use the tags Gav just say the word :)

+1

I agree, that's a good point and seemed strange that the dead didn't then swarm the house trying to get in.

It seems like they did. The first one went down and the others turned and started moving closer. In the shot where his wife is stumbling towards the house, the other zombies were all coming with her. They were still scattered, but all still heading in the same general direction.

I suppose he was just planning on picking her off and then laying low inside the house until they all dispersed again. That seems to be the tactic they've used up until this point. Since they likely just heard the noise but probably don't see the shooter very clearly, I'm betting that as long as they stayed quiet, the zombies would stay in the curious phase and just brush up against the house (like the wife did earlier) and not enter their aggressive mood where they'd try to break down the doors.

Agreed

If you wanted to be surprised, then why are you reading this? :taptaptap:

Agreed

But which will be easier to catch up on after you do see it this weekend? Reading this thread with or without spoiler tags? The whole thread and vast majority of posts will be spoilers. Plus is there really anything that spoils if you read the comic?

If you'd like me to use the tags Gav just say the word :)

Just yanking your chain Jeff for not thinking of us Limeys. I skipped all the posts that seemed to be talking about what happened, it was just your lack of love for us Brits that cut sooooooooo deep. :grin: