• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

i picked up my walking dead press kit today! i'll post pictures later tonight

What did that set you back ?.. I stopped bothering when I saw they were going well over $300 ... lol! I'm also thinking if the show is popular enough they will release this again in some form some how ... For $300 + I'd rather just get another #1 or something (shrug):roflmao:

Edited by synch

What did that set you back ?.. I stopped bothering when I saw they were going well over $300 ... lol! I'm also thinking if the show is popular enough they will release this again in some form some how ... For $300 + I'd rather just get another #1 or something (shrug):roflmao:

I wouldn't spend $300 on it either, but I didn't even know what a press kit was until this one.

I do have to admit, that it is a really cool collectable to own.

The one he bought was actually complete with even the shipping box that had WD on it with blood stains. Most of the kits on eBay weren't complete. So he did get a great one. (thumbs u

I think he posted in another thread he spent $700+ :gossip:

I wouldn't spend $300 on it either, but I didn't even know what a press kit was until this one.

The one he bought was actually complete with even the shipping box that had WD on it with blood stains. Most of the kits on eBay weren't complete. So he did get a great one. (thumbs u

$700 :o

originally i was willing to spend up to $700, or so i thought. the more the auction went on, i changed my mind. i did spend $405 on the auction i won, which seems to be about what these are going for. there's only a 1,000 of these, and most so far are missing something. mine doesn't have the dvd, but everything else. and it's cool in person. for me, i feel WD #1's are over priced (for me). i wouldn't pay over $200 for one, but i feel this is something that over time, people will lose pieces, etc.

i'll get the pictures up soon.

I just did an eBay search and the auction that ended for $705 was relisted. The seller claimed in the relisting other people were shill bidding it and I guess resulted in a non-paying bidder.

He relisted it as a BIN for $499 and it sold.

originally i was willing to spend up to $700, or so i thought. the more the auction went on, i changed my mind. i did spend $405 on the auction i won, which seems to be about what these are going for. there's only a 1,000 of these, and most so far are missing something. mine doesn't have the dvd, but everything else. and it's cool in person. for me, i feel WD #1's are over priced (for me). i wouldn't pay over $200 for one, but i feel this is something that over time, people will lose pieces, etc.

i'll get the pictures up soon.

That's absolutely true considering so many are already selling incomplete. It is very cool and different item to own. Collect what you enjoy! Congrats! (thumbs u

as for missing the dvd, i'll just email people i know who got everything, and see if anyone wants to sell just the dvd. soon as the show comes on, it has no real value (show dvd will come eventually), unlike the shipping box, gun etc.

one ebay auction has a broken gun. only 1 so far has had everything.

here's the shipping box. i feel this will be lost or damaged as time goes on (plus some won't realize it's value to the set).

http://twitpic.com/31zo4g

the inside shoebox is about the size of a small child's shoebox. cover is on TIGHT.

http://twitpic.com/31zoc0

http://twitpic.com/31zojo

the 80 page book. this and the gun make this completely worth the purchase. really nice book.

http://twitpic.com/31zoqc

from the side

http://twitpic.com/31zowo

the gun. lighter than i expected, but also nicer to hold in person. number 530 of 1,000.

http://twitpic.com/31zp7c