• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Words can not describe how awesome this show was! I just hope it keeps up! yeah the changes from the comic were awesome so far at least ... kept things fresh

Edited by synch

only parts that didn't work for me were the parts that weren't in the comic, like what's his name seeing his mom as a zombie out in front of the house.

also the part where Rick sees the helicopter after entering the city. i don't remember that happening in the comic. i think it would have been better without that, gives hope when there is none.

but that's just the comic fan critic in me. overall i thought the show was great. definitely my favorite show on television.

also the part where Rick sees the helicopter after entering the city. i don't remember that happening in the comic. i think it would have been better without that, gives hope when there is none.

+1 but literally the ONLY part of the show that I didn't like.

Good stuff :cloud9: two thumbs up (thumbs u (thumbs u . Enjoyed some of the new stuff including the fathers struggle to take down his wife. I thought he would do it.

I was glad to see he couldn't because...

that was true to the character in the comic. Morgan was unable to put down his son in the comic as well.

+1 but literally the ONLY part of the show that I didn't like.

Actually, that may be foreshadowing the news helicopter (from the comic) that comes into play later on...

Good stuff :cloud9: two thumbs up (thumbs u (thumbs u . Enjoyed some of the new stuff including the fathers struggle to take down his wife. I thought he would do it.

Actually that's the part that DIDN'T work for me. I love the series, I loved the first episode, but that entire scene pulled me right out of the narrative.

First, makes a HUGE deal about how stupid it was to fire a single round from a small caliber revolver earlier in the episode and how it brought dozens of walkers near the house.

NOW, he's firing a .308 hunting rifle that's a mess-ton louder than that little .38 he fired in the street and he fired it several times. Unless he was trying to commit suicide and kill his kid, that part made no sense given his earlier speech about them being attracted to sound and gathering a bunch of them in one area would be a problem to deal with.

not that impressed...

:jokealert:

Only made it halfway through last night before the wife made me turn it off because it was "going to give [her] nightmares".

My biggest complaint so far about the show in general is that AT&T U-Verse doesn't offer AMC in HD.