• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Maybe. ;)

I took the comment as referring to Darryl earlier in the ravine though. I spoiled it. Darryl was in a ravine. :)

The episode was awesome!!

I see most people comment on the pace of the show and I wonder. If most were not so concerned with the rat race and didn't work more than half their lives plus a commute would this pace seem slow? This seems to me to be moving along just fine.

Maybe. ;)

I took the comment as referring to Darryl earlier in the ravine though. I spoiled it. Darryl was in a ravine. :)

I see most people comment on the pace of the show and I wonder. If most were not so concerned with the rat race and didn't work more than half their lives plus a commute would this pace seem slow? This seems to me to be moving along just fine.

Well, one is like revealing Kane owned a newspaper and the other is more akin to saying Rosebud was a sled.... :baiting:

Pacing's been great...loved the pre credits opening scene too.

Is one of the goals of the show to make Andrea as un-likeable as possible?

+1. She is my favorite character from the books but she makes me cringe every time she is on the screen.

Yeah I agree , she is one of my favourite characters from the comic and in the show when i watch it i'm like why is she such a person_without_enough_empathy ... people that watch teh show and haven't read the comic don't know , just how much adrea means to us . :foryou:

Give TV Andrea time. She wasn't a badass at this point in the comic either. ;)

I love Andrea in the comic but she didn't toughen up (in the comic) and become a force to be reckoned with until after her experience in the prison when she was attacked and cut up.

Her survival of that event was her major turning point, when she became a strong character. 2c

Maybe. ;)

I think the pace of the show flows much better watching them together, instead of 1 episode a time with a week inbetween.

A lot of current TV shows are this way. They are better if you wait until they have all come out and then watch them all at once. I watch Dexter, True Blood, and a few other shows this way. I don't want to wait until the end for the Walking Dead, but I do plan to watch them again at some point together.

The 1st season certainly was better when I watched them again back to back after the final episode.

I love Andrea in the comic but she didn't toughen up (in the comic) and become a force to be reckoned with until after her experience in the prison when she was attacked and cut up.

Her survival of that event was her major turning point, when she became a strong character. 2c

I don't need her to be a badass right now. I just need her to not be nauseating.

Doesn't really give away anything and I'm watching it right now. (shrug)

I am thinking Darryl and Shane could carry this show by themselves. Feed the rest of them to the zombies. 2c

I agree 100%. These are my two favorites. Great character development for these two.

I don't need her to be a badass right now. I just need her to not be nauseating.

Exactly, she is great in the books, but in the show... Even in the beginning of TWD series she wasn't such an annoying, ungrateful, idiotic, complaining wench. I can't stand her on the show, if I heard I want my gun one more time, I would have taken a gun to myself.

Exactly, she is great in the books, but in the show... Even in the beginning of TWD series she wasn't such an annoying, ungrateful, idiotic, complaining wench. I can't stand her on the show, if I heard I want my gun one more time, I would have taken a gun to myself.

Yeah this is funny. My gf and I are watching the show last night, and near the beginning or so she says (about Andrea): "I really don't like her". And I'm like: "Nah, she's ok". Then she shoots Daryl and I'm like: "I HATE THAT B_____!!"

Nice! First confirmation I have seen that Michonne is coming!!! Which African american female actor could do her justice?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/11/the-walking-deads-robert-kirkman-more-new-characters-including-michonne-in-the-works.html

Have you seen "Death Proof"?

tracie-thoms-death-proof-med.jpg

I was trying to find out from my AMC rep why they are doing this break but she had no real idea. What is the usual reasoning behind a network having a break mid season?

I am hoping my AMC rep will hook me up with stuff like my HBO and Showtime reps do at my work. One of the nice things about working for an evil cable company is the kickbacks and freebies.