• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Loved it, looks like Shane is starting a alpha-male takeover plot... If Rick doesn't do something to reassert his authority he will be made to look weak. He can't let Shane dictate what the group does..... could this be the beginning of the end for Shane?

Also did you guys notice in the small preview there was a gunbattle between two groups that seemed to be talking to each other? Rick was saying somthing about "not ending well" you dont talk to walkers? So what was that? hm

I thought that "not ending well" referred to the group's relationship with Herschel.

Dan

Could be.... but if I remember correctly Rick looked pretty strongly taking cover against that wall... like someone good with weapons was firing on him? Hershels people dont strike me as getting violent, maybe a scene at the prison? Dont know but its looking interesting for sure.... sneak peak of Hershel telling them to leave and Shane again challenging Rick. Rick better get Shane in check or the group could splinter or worse....

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-sneak-peek-episode-208-nebraska

Could be.... but if I remember correctly Rick looked pretty strongly taking cover against that wall... like someone good with weapons was firing on him? Hershels people dont strike me as getting violent, maybe a scene at the prison

From my own experience and police training...the first thing you do when facing someone armed (anyone armed) is take cover. It doesn't matter if it's a 3 year old with his daddy's pistol or a Navy Seal.

Rick's a cop, training kicks in...step 1: take cover. I don't think we can read to much into whether it's Herschel's people or someone else.

I figured this thread would be on fire. Is everyone still in shock?

Or is everyone just pissed at Yannis still?

Not shock for me, since I read the spoilers someone posted on this thread lol I gotta stop doing that! I just can't help myself.

Liking Shane even more after last night's episode, and even hating Dale that much more as well. Why would you even THINK of hiding the guns? Total bonehead move on Dale's part. He could have put everyone in the camp in danger just because he's pissy at Shane. His drama is becoming too much.

So what was the whole point in Dale hiding the guns in the swamp? I kinda got lost in why he was doing that. Was it to prevent Shane in getting the group to kill the barn zombies or something else?

Not shock for me, since I read the spoilers someone posted on this thread lol I gotta stop doing that! I just can't help myself.

Liking Shane even more after last night's episode, and even hating Dale that much more as well. Why would you even THINK of hiding the guns? Total bonehead move on Dale's part. He could have put everyone in the camp in danger just because he's pissy at Shane. His drama is becoming too much.

So what was the whole point in Dale hiding the guns in the swamp? I kinda got lost in why he was doing that. Was it to prevent Shane in getting the group to kill the barn zombies or something else?

Dale likes the farm, the farm is safe, the farm provides food, water, shelter, community.

He doesn't want to leave the farm.

Herschel made his stance on the Walkers being sick people (including his family) and that they can be saved and not "killed".

He knew what Shane wanted to do with the guns.

If Shane got his way it would destroy the group's chance of staying with Herschel in peace.

He knew that Shane would do things his own way, ignore Herschel's rules, shoot everything in the barn, and set up a confrontation with Herschel that would result in the group being cast out of the farm, or many (living) people dead in a confrontation or their group being hopelessly shattered..

Dale was trying to head off exactly what wound up happening.

Dale's a hero on this show. Anyone who sees him as an annoyance or busy body is really missing the big picture.

Could be.... but if I remember correctly Rick looked pretty strongly taking cover against that wall... like someone good with weapons was firing on him? Hershels people dont strike me as getting violent, maybe a scene at the prison

From my own experience and police training...the first thing you do when facing someone armed (anyone armed) is take cover. It doesn't matter if it's a 3 year old with his daddy's pistol or a Navy Seal.

Rick's a cop, training kicks in...step 1: take cover. I don't think we can read to much into whether it's Herschel's people or someone else.

The cop thing makes sense.... my money is still on Herschels people being pretty tame....

Dale likes the farm, the farm is safe, the farm provides food, water, shelter, community.

Herschel made his stance on the Walkers being sick people (including his family) and that they can be saved and not "killed".

If Shane got his way it would destroy the group's chance of staying with Herschel in peace.

He knew that Shane would do things his own way, ignore Herschel's rules, shoot everything in the barn, and set up a confrontation with Herschel that would result in the group being cast out of the farm, or many (living) people dead in a confrontation or their group being hopelessly shattered..

Dale's a hero on this show. Anyone who sees him as an annoyance or busy body is really missing the big picture.

Thats exactly what he was doing.... remove the weapons or at least make them harder to get to for the loose cannon in the group. I still think he could have come up with a better plan though than hiding them in the swamp. I dont think he was thinking...

Thats exactly what he was doing.... remove the weapons or at least make them harder to get to for the loose cannon in the group. I still think he could have come up with a better plan though than hiding them in the swamp. I dont think he was thinking...

I agree. If he was thinking he would have put a .308 right through Shane's chest.

One thing that is bugging the hell out of me, is how is Carl okay already?

He was shot clean through the chest, and now he is walking around like nothing happened.

Only in the movies...can a boy get shot through the chest and feel well enough to target shoot a couple days later.

fixed that for you.

Only in a comic...can a boy get shot through the head and live.

+1

I enjoyed the episode well enough, but I'm kicking myself for having read the spoiler about Sophia before watching it. Rick gets Alpha Dog points for being the only one able to pull the trigger. We're finally getting to the possible end of Shane and the beginning of Rick.

and +1

Edited by FIREFLY

Agreed... just awesome... this show has offically replaced Dexter as the best show on television in my book...

Let's not get crazy now. Love the show and I really want to love the show. No disappointments for me but it's not Dexter. (tsk)

Dexter...really? Love ya, Jeff, but... zzz

;)

I agree. If he was thinking he would have put a .308 right through Shane's chest.

Totally agree as well. Great plan...against Shane that is. BUT, not a good one for defending themselves against walkers. Also, Dale was thinking. Dale's not a murderer. That's the difference between him and crazy Shane. Shane's losing it and will eventually have to be put down. It's his fate. Bummer, he could have continued being an asset to the group. Now it's down to Dale after he's gone as the backbone...or until Rick grows the left nut after gaining the right one from shooting S.

^^

Dale understands that the world has gone to karp unlike Herschel and is trying to maintain his integrity unlike a lot of the others. Rick is a younger version of this and Glenn is an even younger version and actually, Carl by speaking up to Shane is an even younger version. My goodness, what can we expect from Judith?

Agreed... just awesome... this show has offically replaced Dexter as the best show on television in my book...

Let's not get crazy now. Love the show and I really want to love the show. No disappointments for me but it's not Dexter. (tsk)

Dexter...really? Love ya, Jeff, but... zzz

;)

This season or the show as a whole? What do you like to watch? :popcorn:

Loving the last few seasons myself, it's really helped the previous seasons. I had this issue with Burn Notice too, which kept getting better as it went along also. Still on the fence with True Blood. It's getting to a point where when it's on, I rather watch an iCarly rerun which can be more engaging. lol

I hope someone doesn't plitch about us not talking about The Walking Dead TV show. That is so 2011. :makepoint:

I still don't see how the group would let Hershel run them off. I am sorry but I would pull a Shane and take down Hershel and anyone else who tried to make me leave the place.

I'm guessing Shane gets killed, and Rick decides to respect Hershel's wishes.