• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I must be reading a different Walking Dead series, the series I'm reading has the group is running into a zombie, some Bandit group, or new people just about every issue. Instead we've spent 6 episodes with someone laid up in bed and the group looking for a girl who was 200ft from the camp. Now we got another member laid up in bed for at least 2 episodes.

I realize the show/book isn't a zombie fest but even Glenn Mazzara admits the show has been a little slow.

So you agree with the critics who complained that the show was moving too slowly?

Glen Mazzara: Without a doubt. Knowing the behind-the-scenes work, I’m happy about that criticism.

Um, the book often goes 6 issues with them just fixing up whatever place they're currently living,

I must be reading a different Walking Dead series, the series I'm reading has the group is running into a zombie, some Bandit group, or new people just about every issue. Instead we've spent 6 episodes with someone laid up in bed and the group looking for a girl who was 200ft from the camp. Now we got another member laid up in bed for at least 2 episodes.

I realize the show/book isn't a zombie fest but even Glenn Mazzara admits the show has been a little slow.

So you agree with the critics who complained that the show was moving too slowly?

Glen Mazzara: Without a doubt. Knowing the behind-the-scenes work, I’m happy about that criticism.

Um, the book often goes 6 issues with them just fixing up whatever place they're currently living,

But, they meet new people, both good and bad, and we see more walkers.

Haven't you heard?

Jumping The Shark is now called Flipping The Car.

Utterly disappointed with this second season so far (honestly, who cares about one girl who didn't follow directions), too much chatter and not enough zombies. I hope it changes soon and maybe these guys in in the bar are from Woodbury. Or better yet maybe Michionne is in their group, giddigy.

Jerome

I concur. Season two has been a bore fest so far, especially the latest episode. Wow - let's watch people dig holes and pile up corpses for 80% of the episode. The only interesting part was the scene in the bar, but the outcome of that was obvious about 10 seconds after the 2 strangers walked in. Not nearly as suspenseful as it could, and should, have been.

Well, Michonne is supposed to appear this season, and I think it's obvious that those two bozos are part of a larger group. It's unlikely that 2 like that could survive on their own. I'm quickly losing interest in the series, which is a shame since the comic book has been my favourite since the day it came out. The show pales in comparison compared to it. I don't need to see zombies and action sequences every episode, but it just feels like it's crawling along without much of a direction.

2c

+1

+1

I agree season two is frackin horrible. Please proceed to sell all of your Walking Dead comics and original artwork to myself and Branget. We understand that since the show is so horrible these items have no where to go but down and we don't want you to lose everything you have in the comics so we will gladly pay you anywhere from cover price up to $30 depending on the issue.

For original artwork we will cover the shipping cost and maybe your gas to get to the local post office.

(thumbs u

I agree season two is frackin horrible. Please proceed to sell all of your Walking Dead comics and original artwork to myself and Branget. We understand that since the show is so horrible these items have no where to go but down and we don't want you to lose everything you have in the comics so we will gladly pay you anywhere from cover price up to $30 depending on the issue.

For original artwork we will cover the shipping cost and maybe your gas to get to the local post office.

(thumbs u

Hum...don't you have it backwards? Your version of Walking Dead is boring, mine is exciting so you two hand over your Walking Dead comics and OA :devil:

(thumbs u

Hum...don't you have it backwards? Your version of Walking Dead is boring, mine is exciting so you two hand over your Walking Dead comics and OA :devil:

Damn, mailing address and you are paying the shipping costs. :insane:

(thumbs u

Damn, mailing address and you are paying the shipping costs. :insane:

That works, ole Bragnet is probably sitting on a 100 issues of WD #1 CGC 9.8 and hirer.

I don't understand:........ Why doesn't the show follow the book more closely? Kirkman got the book right.....its one of the most addictive reads ever and was good enough to spawn the show. Why change it so much? They always do that to comic book related movies and shows? There is a reason they are popular and have a following. It doesn't make sense to mess with something that is already good. The changes never make it better.

I don't understand:........ Why doesn't the show follow the book more closely? Kirkman got the book right.....its one of the most addictive reads ever and was good enough to spawn the show. Why change it so much? They always do that to comic book related movies and shows? There is a reason they are popular and have a following. It doesn't make sense to mess with something that is already good. The changes never make it better.

Kirkman said he did this so that it would be so different from the books that he wouldn't have to pay royalties to Tony Moore. :slapfight:

I'm not sure, Kirkman may want to change things up so something are new to comic guys. AMC may want to change things up in order to delete certain mature things from the TV show.

Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the show and thought Nebraska was showed promise but the previous episodes about put me to sleep compared to Season 1.

I am kind of sad that there was no encore for Comic Book Men.

what a worthless show. seems like they know nothing about comics.

"hmmm, i'll give you 300 for that detective 35. it's in a condition that makes it not worth much" lol!!

How can you not love that show? If you take the worst parts of Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Hardcore Pawn and sprinkle a little meth onto it then you....... ah hell then you have a show still better than Comic Book Men. I hope that POS show is cancelled by Sunday.

:facepalm:

people are always going to complain about this and that . I love both the comic and the show . I Like the fact they are different , makes it more interesting for me .

show might be slow here and there but it's working and it's getting the viewers so i guess they know what they are doing . .

I think the fact that people read the comic and expect this person to show up or this person to die makes it fell slow to them .

with all this walking dead stuff i still need more ... isn;t there a video game coming out .... as i roll the dice of my walking dead board game..

Just watched the most recent episode last night. I really enjoyed it and thought the pace, although a little slow, was fine. After a big ending to the first half of the season, you needed more character time like that to see how they process the situation they faced.

Good show and I'm sure the momentum will speed up leading to the final episode of this season.

Edited by edu77

Just watched the most recent episode alst night. I really enjoyed it and thought the pace, although a little slow, was fine. After a big ending to the first half of the season, you needed more character time like that to see how they process the situation they faced.

Good show and I'm sure the momentum will spped up leading to the final episode of this season.

Agreed, and I'm sure things are only going to get faster from here.

Episode spoilers

Rick's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who gets EVERYTHING wrong, that girl (can't remember her name as this show is so bad) drops a zombies arm, picks it up, gets back in the truck to show she's hardened and become unemotional. Thingy with the crossbow throws a hissy fit to show he's emotional, Shane is Rick (doing what needs to be done for the group). Old guy is sulking cos he didn't get to sleep with anyone in the tv series. Lori is a 1 dimesional actress and there's some other guy in it. OH! and Hershel changed his mind and became emotional cos he now realises that the dead are dead cos they tried to eat people

How did this get a 3rd season?

Kirkman said he did this so that it would be so different from the books that he wouldn't have to pay royalties to Tony Moore. :slapfight:

You have a link by chance?