• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Would have rather them stick to Carl being the trigger man in this scenario. So much more powerful in the story.

+2

Book was soooo much better than this at least for this sequence.

Overall liked the episode but think they dropped the ball with this one.

T-Dogg got over his mime act too.

With that horde coming next week, I'm thinking only a katana can save them...

+3

Would've been way better if Carl did it. When Shane died I felt kinda sad for him. At least he gets a lead role with Darabont waiting for him. He has been awesome in this series. I will surely support him in LA Noire.

:golfclap: Bravo Jon Bernthal

So I was behind 2 episodes (can't believe that) and purposely stayed out of this thread lol

Now that I am caught up...

The death of Dale was a great way to release him from the show. In the end Dale represented civilization or the previous version of civilization and the inability to adapt to the new form. His death to me was a metaphor for that. Civilization as we know it is dead...and so is Dale.

Well done by the writers and kept all of us guessing (I kept thinking they were killing Carl!)

Would have rather them stick to Carl being the trigger man in this scenario. So much more powerful in the story.

+2

+3

Would've been way better if Carl did it. When Shane died I felt kinda sad for him. At least he gets a lead role with Darabont waiting for him. He has been awesome in this series. I will surely support him in LA Noire.

Agree.... Bernthal did a hell of a job! I also agree that the book did things a little better but still... this was done with some poignancy! The far away shots of Shane and RIck and the big moon behind them were beautiful.....

These last few weeks have been great. The finale looks like it will be spectacular. Not really looking forward to kill bill michonne though. Hopefully her role becomes like T-dogs as the as the 3d season goes on (no offense to michonne fans but I am getting a little tired of seeing all women being portrayed as badasses who can kick arse, whatever happened to the "help save me" female roles?). I Really want to see more city action (if they stick to farms and prisons forever I could lose interest) and what happened to Merle? (im sure many fans want to know) Its best they dont make all of season 3 take place in the prison IMO. Any info on new webisodes?

so maybe i am missing something but Shane turned into a zombie there at the end....but was not bitten. does that always happen? i am trying to remember it happening before?

the way it was setting up i kept hoping that carl would have been the one to take out shane. perhaps one of those scenes where you think shane is pulling the trigger, you hear the bang but shane is the one who ends up falling with a carl standing behind him.

That's right!! Because I haven't seen that in every single western, action film, and revenge movie since they figured out how to capture images on celluloid.

Perhaps if this were a Michael Bay production they could have shot the scene that way and then followed up with Rick and Carl walking slow motion towards the camera, donning sunglasses at the same time.

And before that scene maybe we can get a scene of Carl "suiting up" Ahhhnold style, since we are going for the film cliche trifecta.

That would REALLY have made it better.

+2

+3

Agree.... Bernthal did a hell of a job! I also agree that the book did things a little better but still... this was done with some poignancy! The far away shots of Shane and RIck and the big moon behind them were beautiful.....

I agree, those scenes were powerful. They evoked mental images of "The Onion Field" and "At Close Range". Well done.

so maybe i am missing something but Shane turned into a zombie there at the end....but was not bitten. does that always happen? i am trying to remember it happening before?

Two episodes before this one and in this same episode, with Glenn and Darryl, about 3 minutes before it happened to Shane.

So I was behind 2 episodes (can't believe that) and purposely stayed out of this thread lol

Now that I am caught up...

The death of Dale was a great way to release him from the show. In the end Dale represented civilization or the previous version of civilization and the inability to adapt to the new form. His death to me was a metaphor for that. Civilization as we know it is dead...and so is Dale.

Well done by the writers and kept all of us guessing (I kept thinking they were killing Carl!)

Yea, Dale left with a bang for sure..... I dont know, call me a softie but I liked the scene with Andrea and Glen reminiscing. I hope Adnrea starts stepping up and becomes the Andrea we love from the comic. And boy oh boy? Ok Glen... I realize you are having problems son.... but refusing to lay with fine- maggie in the house? Mistake brotha... you dont scorn a woman when she invites you into her bed! Getting laid would help calm the nerves and get ya back on your feet.... :makepoint:

Two episodes before this one and in this same episode, with Glenn and Darryl, about 3 minutes before it happened to Shane.

Its been talked about..... everyone is infected but the sickness doesnt take over until death or accelerated from zombie bites.... this is supposedly what Jenner told RIck!

Edited by Define999

I don't think TV Carl is a good actor. He just seems to be a kid who's saying the lines they give him. Last weeks episode with Dale's death scene really spelled it out for me. 2c

The Rick and Shane actors on the other hand have been fantastic.

So while I liked it better in the book with Carl pulling the trigger. More shocking and interesting. It was probably better for the TV show to do it the way they did last night. 2c

I don't like the Rick actor. His delivery often doesn't ring true. I wish they would've cast an American in that spot rather than an Australian.

John Bernthal was the best actor on the show. It's going to be interesting to see how the acting is without him.

It was probably done this way, as someone else mentioned, b/c of the censors. I liked how they did it on the show. It was a big surprise for me at that moment. Just as good as the book, for me.

Rick really didn't want to, but he really had no alternative at that point. I still wasn't expecting it.

I also thought it was odd they ended up so close to the farm for that final scene.

And what the heck is Carl doing out alone again???? Good thing he was, in the long run, but really?

I don't like the Rick actor. His delivery often doesn't ring true. I wish they would've cast an American in that spot rather than an Australian.

John Bernthal was the best actor on the show. It's going to be interesting to see how the acting is without him.

Andy Lincoln's a Brit, not that the distinction matters. He nails emotional range pretty damn well for a situation that's never occurred before in human history.

Bernthal's been great, but his character is almost entirely one-note. He's only slightly different with Carl. How many times can you strike the exact same chord before people are ready to hear the next movement?

Its been talked about..... everyone is infected but the sickness doesnt take over until death or accelerated from zombie bites.... this is supposedly what Jenner told RIck!

If thats the case, they why didnt he stab him in the head or shoot him in the head after he "died"? I thought that was what Jenner told Rick, esp after he made sure to shoot the two guys in the bar in the head and made up an excuse about the two guards at the school but the way he acted when he killed Shane. Maybe he was in shock of killing his friend? I dont know

Edited by sd2416

If thats the case, they why didnt he stab him in the head or shoot him in the head after he "died"? I thought that was what Jenner told Rick, esp after he made sure to shoot the two guys in the bar in the head and made up an excuse about the two guards at the school but the way he acted when he killed Shane. Maybe he was in shock of killing his friend? I dont know

Remember that he was still in shock over stabbing Shane in the heart when Carl walked up.... it seemed his first priority was to explain to Carl that it didnt look like it seemed.... and it seemed Carl had the gun trained on him for awhile there... normally Rick does make sure head shots are included, like the Philly guys in the bar.

I am glad it wasn't Carl pulling the trigger. I wouldn't have looked believable on tv. It is a lot easier to believe in when it happens in a comic.

It is kinda like Andrea and Dale's relationship. I don't think they'd mix well in the tv series because it just looks so improbable. In a comic, it is easier to accept.

I also liked the scene with Andrea and Glenn. She is my fav character in the book and I hope she becomes a great character in the series. As is, I can barely stand her.

I am also not a big fan of Michonne and could care less if she shows up in the series. She's a comic book-ish character and they'd definitely have to tweek her for the show. I know she is a fan favorite (and an Adlard favorite) so she will make it into the show. I just hope she fits in nicely.

Bernthal's been great, but his character is almost entirely one-note. He's only slightly different with Carl. How many times can you strike the exact same chord before people are ready to hear the next movement?

The same can be said about the Rick character and his constant waffling. Rick in the TV show is like Dale. Whiny. I'd rather watch something entertaining like Shane who moves things along than a waffler any day. Hopefully, it will start moving forward now.