• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

That was actually Lori (the real actress) standing there... She came back for a one day shoot.

In the comic, Rick is forced to step down as leader at the prison. The same thing is happening on the show although due to different reasons. The end result is the same.

He did?

I don't remember that, but then again, I havent read the early issues in years.

i'm anxiously looking forward to the battle to the death between Rick and Carl over the affections of the 15 year old, whatever her name is. Michonne is a non-entity, maybe that will change. The Governor is now a rapist - didn't have the cojones to show it but retro'd it into the plot. Fortunately, Darryl & Merle will be back almost immediately. I wish Glenn had gone off on the walker with a bat, that would've been nice foreshadowing.

i'm anxiously looking forward to the battle to the death between Rick and Carl over the affections of the 15 year old, whatever her name is. Michonne is a non-entity, maybe that will change. The Governor is now a rapist - didn't have the cojones to show it but retro'd it into the plot. Fortunately, Darryl & Merle will be back almost immediately. I wish Glenn had gone off on the walker with a bat, that would've been nice foreshadowing.

lol

Yeah I got the impression that they were retroactively treating that as if a rape happened. I mean sexual assault yes, but not full blown rape is what I took the earlier scene as...I'd be horribly surprised to see the governor last beyond the end of the season.

I feel like this is going the route of Lost with a bunch of splinter stories popping up!

That was actually Lori (the real actress) standing there... She came back for a one day shoot.

In the comic, Rick is forced to step down as leader at the prison. The same thing is happening on the show although due to different reasons. The end result is the same.

He did?

I forgot that too. Still don't remember it.

I've got no problem with that. As I said over in the WC thread about the show, I can't see the group continuing to follow his lead if he's going not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy like that.

He did?

I forgot that too. Still don't remember it.

I've got no problem with that. As I said over in the WC thread about the show, I can't see the group continuing to follow his lead if he's going not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy like that.

Yup and there's no real "leader" in the group besides Hershel. Glenn & Daryl (when he gets back) arent leaders. Tyresse is a leader but too early for him to take charge. Should be good if they explore this.

Is it to be implied that the Governor actually raped Maggie? I never read it that way. I can understand Glen is upset, but he seems inconsolable about what happened.

Also, agreed on the # of people in Woodbury. Didn't the Governor spout about how many residents they had in one of the earlier episodes? FOUND IT: according to the WD wiki, in "Walk with Me" it's said that Woodbury has 73 people. I don't think there were nearly that many in the gladiator scene, much less the gate the next morning.

Glenn had his head beat in and almost died with a zombie...then his hot girlfriend (in the apocalypse) gets violated (even if he didn't touch her) by taking her shirt off....

I'd be pretty ticked off if that were me.... hm

Thought Maggie said to Glen the Gov just made her take her shirt off (shrug)

the word "rapist" is spoken. last i checked, don't know if someone could be called a rapist for forcing someone to take their shirt off. then again, tobias funke didn't mind having Analrapist on his business card.

Yeah - I think AMC lacked the balls to show it - realised they should have, and now its being said in retrospect.

Gov raped Maggie - thats the line from now on.

As for Lori (being the returning cast member) - that sucked!

I was hoping for Morgan - oh well.

It was ok,but if the last 4 episodes not been so stellar,we would be raving about this.

Still going for they all unite when the Gov and Andrea get dead.

Yeah - I think AMC lacked the balls to show it - realised they should have, and now its being said in retrospect.

Gov raped Maggie - thats the line from now on.

As for Lori (being the returning cast member) - that sucked!

I was hoping for Morgan - oh well.

It was ok,but if the last 4 episodes not been so stellar,we would be raving about this.

Still going for they all unite when the Gov and Andrea get dead.

I rewatched the episode and still don't see it as anyone implying that she was raped.