• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I don't get the rape thing either. She was definitely assulted. Glen is just pissed because of what he did do to her, and what he could have done to her....

2c

That's what I got from it as well.

Yep - Lori thing is corny.

Not as many people in Woodbury as they supposedly have.

In the Water Cooler thread, I also posted that I thought it was lame that the zombies that got into Woodbury would be able to attack that guy in the middle of the street....in broad daylight....right after Woodbury was attacked. What was that guy doing that he didn't see them coming from a mile away?

What's up with the "missing Woodbury people" theory?

How about practicality? Would you guys suspect that 100% of the town would be outside in a large formation at the fight or outside the Governor's apartment; every man, woman, and child?

That's ridiculous. I'm sure many people went home and locked the door. They stayed there and hid because they were scared and they didn't know what to do.

:shrug:

I think for most of us the problem is we want (myself included) Kirkman and AMC to verbatim translate the comic onto screen.

Besides Rick, Carl, and Shane I think they have done a pretty bad job, and I do think having different scenarios play out on TV is cool, but so far they have kina lackluster.

For one thing since Kirkman let Shane live a lot longer it would have made more sense to have last at least to face off against the Governor.

If the Walking Dead was made for TV first and never a comic book then this show would be amazing, however for people that have followed the comic series since issue #1 the show is kinda just meh. :/

IMO the biggest problem with the show is by far that it is on AMC. I fully believe that if Kirkman could have seen into the future now knowing the show would be a success he would pushed the envelope by making the true version of this show on Showtime or even FX is better than AMC.

The Governor who is by far the Joker A-list villain is just horribly converted to screen from the comic. Again if the comic version did not exist then the TV Governor is fine, but again we have the comic to compare with.

Do I think the show is horrible? No way! Decent actors for sure. (thumbs u

However I still have not watched last night's episode and to be honest I do not look forward to the new episodes really anymore. The only time I got really excited was the end of season 2 when Michonne showed up because it had that WD #19 comic book feel to it.

I am sure the show will have a successful run for the next couple years, but unless something dramatically changes soon I am loosing interest week to week.

The other problem is Games of Thrones starts 3/31/2013 which for me that is the best show in TV in the last ten years.

Game of Thrones is what Walking Dead could have been if Kirkman signed with an R rated network. (shrug)

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

For me the show is fine, but practically unwatchable due to the commercials!! Feels like its one quick scene and done, then 7 minutes of ads. I fast forward thru but each time I'm like what the F????

Shows on premium cable have killed ad supported channels for me. Imagine Walking Dead on HBO?? Non stop and R rated.

As for the episode, I'm thinking Merle will eventually be talkies into leading his brother back to the prison, who will escape and lead the Gov back there to raid it. And it will end similarly. Gov still alive, his people disillusioned, and somebody dies. Maybe Herschle. And the Gang hits the road again.

You have to admit this season is suffering from some sloppy writing. I don't like the way the zombies are being portrayed either.

Last season we had a bloated zombie stuck in a well that looked pretty disgusting,

This season we have a fat zombie that ate Lori (bones and all?) and silly looking heads rolling around on the floor trying to bite Michonne.

Those two scenes actually had me laughing, although a little confused as to why they would put such scenes in a series that otherwise takes itself quite seriously..

I also don't know the point in adding characters to the show that are killed off before you know anything about them. It almost seems rushed, like they want to do the whole governor thing in one season.

I think for most of us the problem is we want (myself included) Kirkman and AMC to verbatim translate the comic onto screen.

Besides Rick, Carl, and Shane I think they have done a pretty bad job, and I do think having different scenarios play out on TV is cool, but so far they have kina lackluster.

For one thing since Kirkman let Shane live a lot longer it would have made more sense to have last at least to face off against the Governor.

If the Walking Dead was made for TV first and never a comic book then this show would be amazing, however for people that have followed the comic series since issue #1 the show is kinda just meh. :/

IMO the biggest problem with the show is by far that it is on AMC. I fully believe that if Kirkman could have seen into the future now knowing the show would be a success he would pushed the envelope by making the true version of this show on Showtime or even FX is better than AMC.

The Governor who is by far the Joker A-list villain is just horribly converted to screen from the comic. Again if the comic version did not exist then the TV Governor is fine, but again we have the comic to compare with.

However I still have not watched last night's episode and to be honest I do not look forward to the new episodes really anymore. The only time I got really excited was the end of season 2 when Michonne showed up because it had that WD #19 comic book feel to it.

I am sure the show will have a successful run for the next couple years, but unless something dramatically changes soon I am loosing interest week to week.

The other problem is Games of Thrones starts 3/31/2013 which for me that is the best show in TV in the last ten years.

Game of Thrones is what Walking Dead could have been if Kirkman signed with an R rated network. (shrug)

So is the show great or lackluster?

You have to admit this season is suffering from some sloppy writing. I don't like the way the zombies are being portrayed either.

This season we have a fat zombie that ate Lori (bones and all?) and silly looking heads rolling around on the floor trying to bite people

Those two scenes actually had me laughing, although a little confused as to why they would put such scenes in a series that otherwise takes itself quite seriously..

I think that it's possible that other zombies helped eat Lori and that one zombie in the room happened to just stay there because it ate so much of her. Otherwise, how would that one zombie have gotten in? Surely others did too and left.

And are you referring to the Michonne Gov. fight? I thought that was good writing having the aquarium heads be alive and able to bite them. Helped with the suspense of the scene.

I know this is pretty nitpicky, but why can't they get better extras/background actors? Is it the directing? Maybe the people of Woodbury like to stand around and punch air and cheer when nothing is happening...who knows.

It's almost comical how bad they are, and it diverted my attention at some points when I was watching it for a second time tonight.

The main actors are great, which might make the others look so bad.

Edited by awakeintheashes

This season we have a fat zombie that ate Lori (bones and all?) and silly looking heads rolling around on the floor trying to bite Michonne.

I think that it's possible that other zombies helped eat Lori and that one zombie in the room happened to just stay there because it ate so much of her. Otherwise, how would that one zombie have gotten in? Surely others did too and left.

And are you referring to the Michonne Gov. fight? I thought that was good writing having the aquarium heads be alive and able to bite them. Helped with the suspense of the scene.

Yes I was talking about that scene. The idea of having the heads in the tank is pretty creepy, but that scene with the biting head reminded me of Sam Raimi and all the creepiness was suddenly gone. That's just how it affected me.

budget?

I think that's what it is. Not sure where I heard this, but I thought AMC was making the show do more with less as viewership increased and in some cases tried to change the setting of some scenes before filming to cut cost . Which is one of the reasons Durabont left after season 1.

AMC is making some money now with all of the ads and new viewers, so why can't they invest in the show?

Edited by awakeintheashes

Since I have to compare it to the comic book so far very much lackluster.

It is Monday night and I still have yet to find the excitement to hit play on the DVR for last's night premiere. (shrug)

Sad but true.

(Will watch it tomorrow in the AM)

Unlike Game of Throns I unfortunately have lost the excitement week to week to watch it, and I do really hope something this season happens to change that.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I was kinda meh .

Going back to Maggie/rape thingy..

I am sure that Glenn yelled at Rick - "you don't know what he did to her", which is a little OTT for taking a shirt off and touching her bum.

Who knows whats in store - Michonne going postal again,THEN getting raped by the Gov etc etc.

In most things - it doesn't matter, but as its TWD, and the ramifications (attack on the prison - govs eye,scrotum etc, tank,and general mayhem) need to be clarified.

Millions of people have read the comic - they want to know!

Since I have to compare it to the comic book so far very much lackluster.

It is Monday night and I still have yet to find the excitement to hit play on the DVR for last's night premiere. (shrug)

Sad but true.

(Will watch it tomorrow in the AM)

Unlike Game of Throns I unfortunately have lost the excitement week to week to watch it, and I do really hope something this season happens to change that.

So is it like Tony Moore's artwork?

Too expensive so it's not good anymore?

lol