• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Kirkman actually leaves that up in the air...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/03/walking-dead-robert-kirkman-clear/

Question: In the diner, we had a couple of glimpses of a zombie who looked very much like Morgan’s wife. I wasn’t sure whether that was a coincidence or a hint that Morgan’s recollections of events are not to be trusted.

Kirkman: Ah, you know, I think that might have been a coincidence. But maybe there’s something to it. I wouldn’t want to reveal anything if there was.

hm

I just thought it was an interesting parallel with the comic considering the woman in the bar looked like his wife. But after this it's certainly a possibility. You'd think he would have killed her if she killed Dwane, but who knows.. :shrug:

He told Rick that he "did her" after she attacked Dwayne. What else could that possibly mean besides re-killing the un-dead?

hm:baiting::banana:

Question: In the diner, we had a couple of glimpses of a zombie who looked very much like Morgan’s wife. I wasn’t sure whether that was a coincidence or a hint that Morgan’s recollections of events are not to be trusted.

Kirkman: Ah, you know, I think that might have been a coincidence. But maybe there’s something to it. I wouldn’t want to reveal anything if there was.

hm

I just thought it was an interesting parallel with the comic considering the woman in the bar looked like his wife. But after this it's certainly a possibility. You'd think he would have killed her if she killed Dwane, but who knows.. :shrug:

He told Rick that he "did her" after she attacked Dwayne. What else could that possibly mean besides re-killing the un-dead?

I certainly remember him saying that he killed her, and he saw red, and all that..

But let's not forget that Morgan was off the deep end. He stabbed Rick!

Crazy is crazy. I don't believe everything crazy people say :shrug:

hm

I certainly remember him saying that he killed her, and he saw red, and all that..

This place must be maddening for you then. lol

hm

This place must be maddening for you then. lol

lol The type of crazy here is mostly innocent geekery. I'm talking more about isolation madness/craziness.

But maybe there's a correlation?

lol

I just liked how Michonne used her ninja like skills to jump up on the roof and get the picture so fast. Very comiclike

All she did was enter through the back or side and grab the photo... All the zombies were concentrating on trying to get through the front door to get Carl. He was literally jailbait.

Hence, her order to stay right there...

She DID get onto the roof rather quickly though...

I actually wasn't to into this episode. It wasn't bad, but just felt like a bunch of filler to me.

Thought there was going to be a shoot out this week. Was really looking forward to it.

I just liked how Michonne used her ninja like skills to jump up on the roof and get the picture so fast. Very comiclike

Yeah, she jumped up on the WRONG roof. lol

Outstanding episode. I was amazed by the actor who played Morgan. His speech was just outstanding acting. The idea that it was filler is very interesting, and what amazes me is how solid of a filler it was.

I also liked what they did with MIchonne. Finally to see them flush her out on the show was nice. I also didn't think she was much of an actress and that was why they'd limited her speaking parts. She was solid here and her interaction with Carl was a nice change.

I imagine this was a nice set up of what we are going to see at the end of the season: Carl, Rick, and Michonne together on the road alone.

I'm excited to see how the season ends. Last weeks episode was kind of a let down- this one really brought it all back.

I loved it. While the show always has some zombie killin it's true strength is it's character and story development.

I agree. I loved this episode. The dynamic between Rick, Carl and Michonne really worked for me.

My only complaint is the kid who plays as Carl. Man, that kid cannot act.

Yea I thought Carl had been great up until this episode. His acting was questionable at times.

I loved it. While the show always has some zombie killin it's true strength is it's character and story development.

I agree. I loved this episode. The dynamic between Rick, Carl and Michonne really worked for me.

My only complaint is the kid who plays as Carl. Man, that kid cannot act.

i'd put myself somewhere in this camp but Carl is reaching Dale/Lori/Andrea levels of annoying. why couldn't the zombies break through the glass of the cafe? made little sense.

Do suburbs not exist in this world?

Why is it just made up of the capital city and a bunch of farms/small towns?

And why is it only rednecks/southern folk that survived? I feel like hardly any of the surviving cast could actually afford the modern vehicles they are driving now

Outstanding episode. I was amazed by the actor who played Morgan. His speech was just outstanding acting. The idea that it was filler is very interesting, and what amazes me is how solid of a filler it was.

I also liked what they did with MIchonne. Finally to see them flush her out on the show was nice. I also didn't think she was much of an actress and that was why they'd limited her speaking parts. She was solid here and her interaction with Carl was a nice change.

I imagine this was a nice set up of what we are going to see at the end of the season: Carl, Rick, and Michonne together on the road alone.

I'm excited to see how the season ends. Last weeks episode was kind of a let down- this one really brought it all back.

I agree. His acting was not only great, but almost emmy worthy imo.

Also, last nite's episode to me was the strongest of the season, hands down. I find it interesting it was directed by someone i hadn't seen direct yet. Generally the past episodes that were strong were directed by John Dahl, or Ernest Dickerson. Last nite's was just amazing tho.

Edited by cujobyte

I agree. His acting was not only great, but almost emmy worthy imo.

Also, last nite's episode to me was the strongest of the season, hands down. I find it interesting it was directed by someone i hadn't seen direct yet. Generally the past episodes that were strong were directed by John Dahl, or Ernest Dickerson. Last nite's was just amazing tho.

actually what is more encouraging it that it was written by the guy that was named next season's showrunner

Edited by paperheart

Best part for m was we finally are getting Michonne. In the comic, she is the toughest and most reliable character, the one you can count on to do what needs doing and stay level headed.

I just haven't understood why she wasn't allowed to say anything until last night.

But that's a curing issue for me with TV series like WD, Revolution, Lost, etc. nobody ever asks the questions, and if they do, the answer is always "not now" . S frustrating. Michonne has had many opportunities to explain herself, and to share what she has seen and learned.

I guess she'll finally begin taking a larget role now like in the comics.

Best part for m was we finally are getting Michonne. In the comic, she is the toughest and most reliable character, the one you can count on to do what needs doing and stay level headed.

I just haven't understood why she wasn't allowed to say anything until last night.

But that's a curing issue for me with TV series like WD, Revolution, Lost, etc. nobody ever asks the questions, and if they do, the answer is always "not now" . S frustrating. Michonne has had many opportunities to explain herself, and to share what she has seen and learned.

+100 She Speaks!!!!

+100 She Speaks!!!!

+10000