• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

In some ways the story was very similar to the comics with the Gov.

He and his people come to attack the prison and they are then attacked. Their machine gun (tank in the comic) doesn't work (can't figure out how to work it) and they have to run from the prison.

I think he will be back early in season 4 and then Rick and the town people can go to Woodbury and take over.

But I do think the Gov will die early in season 4...but he will take some out like he did with Tyreese in the comics.

RIP

Andrea :sorry:

where are the babes now?

Karen.......remember the long-legged hot chick before Andrea who was shagging the Gov...thats Karen.

The fightback begins - Season 4 will be Alexandrea except its in Woodbury.

We just need some Marines....

I liked the episode. And while I love Andrea in the comics, I am glad to see her leave the show. I never much cared for the actress portraying her.

All she did was whine during the first two seasons, and annoy me in the third season.

I thought the Gov's turn on his people was a bit weak.

I agree it was kinda weak. Certainly nothing like the season 2 ending. I was thinking either Glenn or Maggie wasn't going to make it since they seemed to play more into their relationship in the last few episodes. I really didn't want Andrea to go through. Didn't care much for her character but didn't want one of the originals to go out. Not many of those left now. Good season overall though. I know so many complained about how season 2 dragged on and season 3 definitely didn't drag!

Season 2 ended how I think Season 3 should have - Despair and hopelessness.

That's the one thing I felt after reading issue 48, just the reality of aloneness and desperation that was in place for them, but I didn't take away any of that, it was just a clean ending.

I did love the episode though, but I just wish more risks were taken, but I guess it's a million dollar franchise, so why would they drastically change too much. I still feel like Hershel should have died, I think that may have been enough for me personally. ALL the deaths were not really A league characters.

My 2c

The pacing was great -- as far as raw entertainment value they did their job and then some. However, you kind of shake your head at some of the actual character decisions and logic involved (if you start to think through what didn't make sense your list starts to rack up pretty quickly).

Plus the fact that Andrea seemed to enjoy spending an eternity just chatting to Milton and staring at him waiting for him to die (that whole series of scenes was pretty poorly conceived even though you knew where they wanted to get to)

At this point though, I kind of approach it like a blockbuster movie and the season was fairly entertaining overall.

The grenade launcher was sweet!
I loved the grenade launcher!

Milkor M-24. The only fault was how they showed it being aimed. Anything at distance it lobs the grenades in. You arc the shot like shooting a basketball.

Milkor_MGL-140_-_40mm.jpg

Other than that it was accurate as to how devastating it was.

That's the one thing I felt after reading issue 48, just the reality of aloneness and desperation that was in place for them, but I didn't take away any of that, it was just a clean ending.

I did love the episode though, but I just wish more risks were taken, but I guess it's a million dollar franchise, so why would they drastically change too much. I still feel like Hershel should have died, I think that may have been enough for me personally. ALL the deaths were not really A league characters.

My 2c

That's because this wasn't issue 48, this was closer to issue 42. :makepoint:

I guess.

I just feel it should have ended at 48 I guess.

Wanna fight? lol

My 2c

Let's get it on. :slapfight:

AMC isn't dumb. They realize the source material is thin as water after issue 48. Might as well milk the good material long enough to set up something good that's entirely original.

I guess.

I just feel it should have ended at 48 I guess.

Wanna fight? lol

My 2c

I thought it was the weakest season finale I have seen in a long time. I honestly think that the constant changing of showrunners is starting to kill the show. Andrea dying seems more like a throwaway studio decision based on focus groups than actual plot development. I never even blinked and she is a major player! I think the show lacks focus and that it is in danger of become the same old Hollywood that the show broke away from.

I thought it was a little bland but that was mostly based on the hype they created leading up to this and my knowledge of the comics. I think we all expected some more 'wow' moments but it was still a solid episode. The one thing i'm looking forward to is the new showrunner as I thought the episodes he directed this past season were some of the best.

Let's get it on. :slapfight:

AMC isn't dumb. They realize the source material is thin as water after issue 48. Might as well milk the good material long enough to set up something good that's entirely original.

TRUTH!!