• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I love the Walking Dead comic and find the TV show alright. I don't mind them deviating from the source material. But it would be so much better if they did not keep moving so far away. I wonder If Kirkmans name is simply just up there in the credits this season.

Don't get me wrong I love the show. It has it's moments. But sometimes the show has a lackluster performance.

There needs to be more interaction/action with other people/groups. Like with the last season. There was a couple dull and slow ones, but it really kept my interest.

This whole virus thing and getting meds is boring. Yea they have been doing some sweet walker kills.

I like when they plan infiltrating other communities. That keeps my interest. Like what's happening in the book.

Being sick and going to the corner store to get meds is stuff we already know.

Life is boring.

That is because most people make their lives boring.

I love the Walking Dead comic and find the TV show alright. I don't mind them deviating from the source material. But it would be so much better if they did not keep moving so far away. I wonder If Kirkmans name is simply just up there in the credits this season.

Kirkman has been writing the episodes so far this season. Or at least co-writing. I think this contributes to the TV show's deviation from the comics.

Now, some questions to ponder and discuss...

Tyrese has a scene in the comic where he is left behind to die surrounded by zombies in the prison. He is later found in the same room surrounded by dead zombies a while later and says something to the effect of "what took you guys so long". To me this scene cements Tyrese as a bonafide bad . Now my question is: Did we just see the TV shows cheap rendition of this in episode 3 (or was it 4?) when hes surrounded by zombies near the car facing what looks like a bitter end only to catch up with the group later?

Will carol be eaten by cannibals?

Will Rick lose his hand?

If When the Governor returns, will he have long hair and a goatee? Will he be accompanied by Negan?

Will Ezekiel and his tiger ever appear on the show?

Will the twin boys be on the show. Will Carl have to Kill the bad one after it kills it's brother?

Will the characters from the Tell Tale game ever cameo or star in the show?

Why the virus? (this one didn't seem to require a spoiler tag.)

I don't know if they started it but they are certainly spreading it.

I'm not sure how a virus is replicating through the cellular structure of someone whose cells are dead, but then again they are walking around in defiance of all laws of science, so I am not going to be too picky on my science as it's applied to this show. lol

who says these zombies are "dead" at a cellular level? pretty clearly they are not dead at all given their desire to eat. the virus simply makes them into mindless eating machines at a neurological level...they're in a state of semi-rot because i'm guessing their blood flow isn't so good (unclear whether they have beating hearts (even if they don't need them)..I'd think they have lungs functioning at some level to make those noises.

Kirkman has been writing the episodes so far this season. Or at least co-writing. I think this contributes to the TV show's deviation from the comics.

Tyrese has a scene in the comic where he is left behind to die surrounded by zombies in the prison. He is later found in the same room surrounded by dead zombies a while later and says something to the effect of "what took you guys so long". To me this scene cements Tyrese as a bonafide bad . Now my question is: Did we just see the TV shows cheap rendition of this in episode 3 (or was it 4?) when hes surrounded by zombies near the car facing what looks like a bitter end only to catch up with the group later?

Will Rick lose his hand?

If When the Governor returns, will he have long hair and a goatee? Will he be accompanied by Negan?

Will the twin boys be on the show. Will Carl have to Kill the bad one after it kills it's brother?

No

Will Rick lose his hand?

No

You took the word right out of my mouth.

I don't know if they started it but they are certainly spreading it.

I'm not sure how a virus is replicating through the cellular structure of someone whose cells are dead, but then again they are walking around in defiance of all laws of science, so I am not going to be too picky on my science as it's applied to this show. lol

who says these zombies are "dead" at a cellular level? pretty clearly they are not dead at all given their desire to eat. the virus simply makes them into mindless eating machines at a neurological level...they're in a state of semi-rot because i'm guessing their blood flow isn't so good (unclear whether they have beating hearts (even if they don't need them)..I'd think they have lungs functioning at some level to make those noises.

I believe it was season 1, at the CDC, where the scientist showed them the effects of the zombie virus, that the human body dies and whatever this zombie thing is takes its place. He confirmed all that, they don't have a heart beat, yada yada, stuff.

This is why I am not applying hard science to this world because cells need oxygen, nutrients, etc to survive. Without an operating circulatory and respiratory system the cells are dead. All of that decomposition we see, those are dead cells decomposing.

The fact that they have to die first and are rotting all over the damn place tells you whether their cells are dead.

This flu thing only works, scientifically, if it was the flu that killed them in the first place and they bled from all them orifices and then reanimated.

This flu thing only works, scientifically, if it was the flu that killed them in the first place and they bled from all them orifices and then reanimated.

I think this is what is happening in the show right? They get sick, die, then reanimate.

Second week in a row it has won the 18-49 demographic over SNF.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-slays-nfl-sunday-night-football-again-200108050.html

Edited by awakeintheashes

I think this is what is happening in the show right? They get sick, die, then reanimate.

In the prison yes. They didn't really get into the flu origins, if it's a new flu strain that's a mega flu because of all the decomposing diseased flesh walking around, or if every Zombie with bleeding eyes was a living human who died of the flu.

That's the only way the flu would really work.

Almost nothing on the show regarding zombies is possible if you scientifically examine it deeply enough, so I am sticking to a nice "it's an allegory" analysis and let the hard science go in exchange for a morality play, that set in this world to give us something as powerful as anything I've seen in literature or film.

In the prison yes. They didn't really get into the flu origins, if it's a new flu strain that's a mega flu because of all the decomposing diseased flesh walking around, or if every Zombie with bleeding eyes was a living human who died of the flu.

That's the only way the flu would really work.

Almost nothing on the show regarding zombies is possible if you scientifically examine it deeply enough, so I am sticking to a nice "it's an allegory" analysis and let the hard science go in exchange for a morality play, that set in this world to give us something as powerful as anything I've seen in literature or film.

Exactly, people need to just throw everything aside and take it in for what it is....a good hour of tv enjoyment. If you get that out of it , isn't it all worth it? (shrug)

I enjoyed the last show. Only scene that made me laugh and shake my head was when they meet the new couple and they call the zombies "skin eaters"

Why can't anyone call them zombies? It's like the word didn't exist before the apocalypse occurred.