• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

5 IS young.

But his desire to watch it is what i feel will keep the franchise going. Your son is not the only child that wants to see TWD

A lady at my office allows her 10 year old daughter to buy the trade paper backs. I was like ummmmm did you read volume 5-8 before you let your daughter? The answer was no...

That being said those kids watch the show. You are correct. There is a whole generation of children fascinated with doomsday scenario's and zombie's. Rightfully so as well because the next 100 years on this planet could stand to get pretty crazy depending on external factors like rising sea levels and world killing meteors.

5 years old lol... I would be the worst parent on the planet if I allowed him to watch it.

I agree 5 is too young. My son is 8 and he is still to young for it.

I'd say 13 is the youngest I would go. I have a friend who lets his 9 year old son read WD and watch the show. His son even makes his own zombie movies on his iPhone.

I'm a bit worried about him. lol

5 IS young.

But his desire to watch it is what i feel will keep the franchise going. Your son is not the only child that wants to see TWD

A lady at my office allows her 10 year old daughter to buy the trade paper backs. I was like ummmmm did you read volume 5-8 before you let your daughter? The answer was no...

That being said those kids watch the show. You are correct. There is a whole generation of children fascinated with doomsday scenario's and zombie's. Rightfully so as well because the next 100 years on this planet could stand to get pretty crazy depending on external factors like rising sea levels and world killing meteors.

Don't forget hot air from politicians. lol

At my local miejer (like wal-mart) they have the walking dead trades in the kids section.The stock person must have seen comic and thought child. There are still so many people that think that way it's not funny.

Walmart here in the states probably wouldn't stock Walking Dead trades at all. They have a particularly religious bend when it comes to the books they stock. Or at least that is what I've read.

I had not been watching the show until recently. I picked up a Walking Dead collection and then finished a Walking Dead TV marathon last night.

Am I the only one who can't stand the main character? I really like Glenn, Maggie and Daryl. Michonne, while interesting, doesn't do much talking, so her character is difficult to connect with sometimes.

I don't think that Rick was in any position to judge Carol after what he did to Shane. Rick's actions likely would have been different if the person standing in front of him would have been anyone but Shane.

I ask this:

1) If you had an infant daughter would you let her out of your sight?

2)Would you have left the prison without doing everything you could to determine Judith's whereabouts?

3) Where you as shocked as I was that Daryl took the news so well about how Rick had booted Carol out of the camp to be on her own?

Because there's money flowing, lawsuits are following: Frank Darabont suing AMC for "millions" because of Hollywood accounting.

http://www.avclub.com/article/former-walking-dead-showrunner-frank-darabont-is-s-106581?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

Loved this line at the end of the article:

"It’s a particularly far-reaching and nasty lawsuit that hopefully will be resolved soon; after all, The Walking Dead isn’t about people arguing."