• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Eugene bears a striking resemblance to an overweight, mullet-ed, Taran Killam from SNL.

+1 I thought that after watching the end of last week's episode. I believe Killam is a WD comic fan, which makes it an even cooler coincidence.

Whats the deal with the weather?

Rick puts on a coat and Abe and Rosita are barely in clothes. Not that I am complaining about Rosita. :)

I think Rick knew he was leaving, and was grabbing what he could. Why carry when you can wear?

James, I had no idea you had a six month old! Congrats, dude.

Thanks...... Yeah a 4 year old and a six month old,two great girls. When I walk in the door I down à 5 hour power and go :whee: back and forth with then.

Family first so thats why I didnt make it to NYCC this

past year. Would have been my first show....always this year :wishluck:

One thing that I'm a little confused about is Abe's crew's mission vs. what Rick's crew including Glenn know from their experience at CDC in season 1 and into season 2.

Wouldn't Glenn have said something?

Jenner didn't tell them anything Eugene wouldn't already know. The one plot hole I see is that Glenn was at the bar with Rick and Hershell when those two guys told them DC was completely overrun.

Also, maybe Glenn didn't want to dash their hopes and dreams so he could start looking for Maggie quicker.

There is no flippin' way Eugene knows what Jenner whispered to Rick. They are both scientists but, no, I don't buy that Mullet Man knows more than someone "in the know" at CDC...

Unless they clear this up when Abe's crew meets more of Rick's crew, I will just write off to a plot hole missed.

I've always had a problem with the CDC sequence anyway since Kirkman has said numerously and consistently that we are not meant to ever know what caused the zombie outbreak. What Jenner whispered isn't the cause but is close enough.

Btw, loved how Abe referred to them as corpses.

We now have

Walkers

Biters

Corpses

but no reference to "zombies" that I can recall by characters in the show. I think that I may have heard "monsters" or "things" but not zombies.

One thing that I'm a little confused about is Abe's crew's mission vs. what Rick's crew including Glenn know from their experience at CDC in season 1 and into season 2.

Jenner didn't tell them anything Eugene wouldn't already know. The one plot hole I see is that Glenn was at the bar with Rick and Hershell when those two guys told them DC was completely overrun.

Also, maybe Glenn didn't want to dash their hopes and dreams so he could start looking for Maggie quicker.

There is no flippin' way Eugene knows what Jenner whispered to Rick. They are both scientists but, no, I don't buy that Mullet Man knows more than someone "in the know" at CDC...

Unless they clear this up when Abe's crew meets more of Rick's crew, I will just write off to a plot hole missed.

I've always had a problem with the CDC sequence anyway since Kirkman has said numerously and consistently that we are not meant to ever know what caused the zombie outbreak. What Jenner whispered isn't the cause but is close enough.

We now have

Walkers

Biters

Corpses

but no reference to "zombies" that I can recall by characters in the show. I think that I may have heard "monsters" or "things" but not zombies.

Glenn doesn't know these people. Glenn's also not stupid. He's not going to stand there and debate who's information is more valid. If the guy doesn't want to volunteer the information that he's using to drive his group northeast, then Glenn's more than happy to find his wife and leave them to their quest.

Eugene was far to quick too say "Let's follow Glenn" and had a little smirk on his face as they left the truck because he was given some time off from his ruse of being a "government scientist". Achy-Breaky looked downright pleased that something derailed his group's trek to Washington.

We now have

Walkers

Biters

Corpses

Glenn doesn't know these people. Glenn's also not stupid. He's not going to stand there and debate who's information is more valid. If the guy doesn't want to volunteer the information that he's using to drive his group northeast, then Glenn's more than happy to find his wife and leave them to their quest.

Eugene was far to quick too say "Let's follow Glenn" and had a little smirk on his face as they left the truck because he was given some time off from his ruse of being a "government scientist". Achy-Breaky looked downright pleased that something derailed his group's trek to Washington.

Oh now you had to go and make sense and point things out that I missed. Dammit Jim I'm a comic book fan not a doctor. lol oh wait, you're Chris.

I thought the episode was much better than the previous one. It's about time that they are giving Michonne some backstory and actually making her likable. Carl wasn't even annoying at all.

I liked the stuff with Rick at the house. I thought it was pretty tense and he pulled it off well.

Glenn was slightly annoying. I liked Abe, but he shouldn't have had so much trouble in the scrap with Glenn. I thought he was supposed to be a badarse?