• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

My review (reposted from the Water Cooler):

I just watched it and thought it sucked. The only good part was the very beginning with Daryll and Maggie's sister. Even that part had me roll my eyes a bit. I don't understand how they can still be surprised by the walkers.

They heard something in the bush and then the walker just appeared out of nowhere on her. Wouldn't they all have their heads on a constant swivel?

Maggie and her crew opening the bus...that was stupid. Why would they all take such an unnecessary risk at this point? All it takes is a scratch/bite and it's over.

Glenn running thru the heard in the combat gear. They would've overtaken him easily. He would've been overwhelmed.

Dunno, thought the episode was a bit hokier than usual. I've been spoiled by True Detective.

My review (reposted from the Water Cooler):

I just watched it and thought it sucked. The only good part was the very beginning with Daryll and Maggie's sister. Even that part had me roll my eyes a bit. I don't understand how they can still be surprised by the walkers.

They heard something in the bush and then the walker just appeared out of nowhere on her. Wouldn't they all have their heads on a constant swivel?

Maggie and her crew opening the bus...that was stupid. Why would they all take such an unnecessary risk at this point? All it takes is a scratch/bite and it's over.

Glenn running thru the heard in the combat gear. They would've overtaken him easily. He would've been overwhelmed.

Dunno, thought the episode was a bit hokier than usual. I've been spoiled by True Detective.

Perhaps it's the context of the storyline you're lacking.....

Daryl and Beth had been running for their lives, perhaps for days, with barely time for rest....the head on a swivel thing is great after a nice 8 hours of sleep...exhaustion is not being factored in to your critique.

How else was Maggie supposed to make sure it was Glenn on that bus or not? It was a risk, but it would have been worse for her to continue to search for him if she could have ended the search right then and there. Imagine her continuing down the road, never finding Glenn, and never knowing if he was on that bus or not.

Walkers are not humans anymore on this show, their physiology isn't the same, many of them were in advanced stages of d-comp. The producers talk about how the walkers become slower and less nimble as time passes. It was a stretch but it was Glenn's moment to shine in the story. Him battling through a dozen slog footed walkers is no more beyond the bounds of realism than anything else on that show.

The thing you should have a problem with is that, the last time we see Glenn he's on the bus, can't stand, it's pulling out with him on it, and the next time we see him he's on top of the blown out parapet.

I find that empathizing with the character's motivations helps me to figure out what they are doing and what the writers were thinking and how it works or doesn't work. It makes me understand the characters better.....except for Lori....she was just a person_without_enough_empathy.

Thats Beth. You dont know her name by now? lol

Time for you to stop watching.

Cant please everyone

I don't know all the names. I read the book too and don't know all the characters. If your name isn't Rick, Carl or Michonne you're as good as zombie food.

Daryl and Beth had been running for their lives, perhaps for days, with barely time for rest....the head on a swivel thing is great after a nice 8 hours of sleep...exhaustion is not being factored in to your critique.

I agree on that except that right before the zombie appeared, they heard it in the woods. They knew it was there. She never turned her head.

How else was Maggie supposed to make sure it was Glenn on that bus or not? It was a risk, but it would have been worse for her to continue to search for him if she could have ended the search right then and there.

No, what would have been worse is if one of them had gotten bit.

Him battling through a dozen slog footed walkers is no more beyond the bounds of realism than anything else on that show.

I guess so, but it would've been better if they hadn't overdone it like they did. There was a massive mob surrounding him.

The thing you should have a problem with is that, the last time we see Glenn he's on the bus, can't stand, it's pulling out with him on it, and the next time we see him he's on top of the blown out parapet.

Yeah, I didn't get that at first. But he told chick how he'd gotten off the bus. As much as your defending this episode, I can't believe you didn't pick up on that. :baiting:;)

I usually like the show. I just thought this episode was bad.

I agree on that except that right before the zombie appeared, they heard it in the woods. They knew it was there. She never turned her head.

How else was Maggie supposed to make sure it was Glenn on that bus or not? It was a risk, but it would have been worse for her to continue to search for him if she could have ended the search right then and there.

No, what would have been worse is if one of them had gotten bit.

Him battling through a dozen slog footed walkers is no more beyond the bounds of realism than anything else on that show.

I guess so, but it would've been better if they hadn't overdone it like they did. There was a massive mob surrounding him.

Yeah, I didn't get that at first. But he told chick how he'd gotten off the bus. As much as your defending this episode, I can't believe you didn't pick up on that. :baiting:;)

I usually like the show. I just thought this episode was bad.

I just didn't buy that part. He was in a flu-daze on that bus.

ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE!!!

DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT

DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry wrong place, wrong time................one day :wishluck: