• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I loved it. A lot of character development and a hint the entire time that one or both of them were going to get killed then neither did.

I loved it. A lot of character development and a hint the entire time that one or both of them were going to get killed then neither did.

+1 Great episode. We found out more about each character's outlook, got some background and the house fire was a nice cathartic moment.

p.s. rattlesnake tastes like chicken but was a little greasy and lots of bones IIRC

I love the character development, especially the jail dialogue. Not every episode needs to be Dynasty Warriors: Zombie edition

Umm. Yea. Lots of sexual tension.

Had to imdb her after the show. She's well over 18. :whistle:

Given his daughters are Maggie and Beth, Hershel's wife must have been gorgeous.

The past four shows have all been about character development and getting to know more about them. It's hard to fit that into one hour when your fighting zombies and the governor all the time. These types of episodes are needed and I myself have waited three seasons to find out more about Daryl. I say we need more of them! :kidaround:

2. Beth doesn't know how to use a crossbow....perhaps Daryl is dying this season and Beth ends up taking over his crossbow.

That's what I was thinking too. And she's the one to put him down with the crossbow. hm

I'm tired of these filler episodes with all this character development to get the viewer to feel an emotional attachment to the characters. I don't want to get attached to any characters. ALL I REALLY WANT IS FOR KIRKMAN TO KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL EVERYONE. :insane:

I liked it. The outbreak started 1.5 years ago. Your emotions that first year are probably, "holy mess, there is a zombie outbreak going on. Let's not die." Then "we found a place and need to hold down the fort." Now I'd probably be feeling, "what's the damn point anymore? This is why I'm reacting like I am."

If everyone dealt with the situation the same way, I'd feel that was lazy writing and show direction. I'd be afraid that Glen Mazarra was the producer again.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Worst episode of the series ever. What did it even accomplish?

Daryl opening up about his past for the first time since the show began? :shrug:

Do people completely disregard character content, or just think of it as bad television?

Some do, some don't.

:shrug:

-slym (personally is on the 'like' team)

I'm tired of these filler episodes with all this character development to get the viewer to feel an emotional attachment to the characters. I don't want to get attached to any characters. ALL I REALLY WANT IS FOR KIRKMAN TO KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL EVERYONE. :insane:

But that is what makes it so good (in that horrifying way) when those characters do die!

:)

-slym